PDA

View Full Version : Bored Dresser

somestimeskaren
02-13-2016, 09:05 PM
This is my first post .It's Saturday night,that's when I usually dress and I did tonight.Full makeup ,wig ,outfit,heels.Sat in front of my computer ,checked out this forum.I guess I got bored after a couple of hours dressed,could't go for a drive dressed which I find exciting,too darn cold out -22 Celcius .I don't have a ladies boots, coat etc.I'd love to spend more time dressed ,two hours dressed doesn't seem worth the effort.Any suggestions?

Robin414
02-13-2016, 09:25 PM
Going 'all in' does take some effort, why not try underdressing...I hear that helps. I'm not sure where you land on the gender spectrum but going out 'en tween' works for me (boots, skinny jeans, foundation, mascara, light lipstick, ladies jacket). Not an androgynous look, definitely on the femme side...but natural, not pretending I guess and super easy to put together!

lingerieLiz
02-13-2016, 09:38 PM
As I got older the time required to be convincing grew longer. Over time I realized I could spend more time wearing casual women's clothes without the wigs and makeup and enjoy being with people at the same time.

Alice Torn
02-13-2016, 10:17 PM
I was going to dress up tonight, but cold in my place, too. Heater broke, too. But, still may. It does take work to get totally dolled up. In my smaller town, I don;t feel good about walking out as Alice. As i age, it seems hard work to transform into Alice. A little bored too.

TaraGrace
02-13-2016, 10:34 PM
hiya Karen, no idea what you tickles your fancy.. but even considder webcam posing?

Barbara Jo
02-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Question......

Why wear "full makeup when just staying at home?
Perhaps you are just depressed that you are all dressed up with no place to go.

Why not just dress as any women would at home..... feminine but casual and comfortable?

Maria 60
02-13-2016, 11:27 PM
You know the saying "all dressed and nowhere to go". That's how I feel at times, can't wait to dress and then the time comes and wow I look great, and then the question. Now what, where do I go, what do I do.
All that work for nothing. I know what you mean.

heatherdress
02-14-2016, 12:10 AM
If you are just going for a drive, wear your men's coat and take it off in the car. If you want a woman's coat, try Walmart. Or a thrift store. Or go out earlier in the day when it is warmer. Go to the movies - no one cares what coat you wear and you can take it off when you get to your seat.

Teresa
02-14-2016, 04:55 AM
Sometimeskaren,
I never get bored with it , having a short time is more frustrating. If you feel bored maybe think about getting out and buying a nice coat and some boots then next time you won't have an excuse. I will admit -22 is ******* cold, the alternative is a nice pair of stockings and heels and curl up by a log fire, I love the glow of the fire on my legs !

Maria,
I must admit now I'm going out to social meetings my dressing has more purpose, once a month isn't enough but at least it's getting out the door fully dressed, going for a drive and then meeting some really nice people .

Helen_Highwater
02-14-2016, 01:03 PM
Question......

Why wear "full makeup when just staying at home?
Perhaps you are just depressed that you are all dressed up with no place to go.

Why not just dress as any women would at home..... feminine but casual and comfortable?

You know the saying "all dressed and nowhere to go". That's how I feel at times, can't wait to dress and then the time comes and wow I look great, and then the question. Now what, where do I go, what do I do.

With you both on this. Saturday I had time home alone to dress as I do from time to time. Only on very rare occasions would I consider putting on makeup. Drab to fab in 5 minutes, wig down to heels and then I'll do a few house chores. Tidy the kitchen, make myself some lunch, be the little house wife sort of thing. Yep I'll spend some time on here as well.

One trick to try is try different items on part way through. Vary your look

It is really frustrating that I can't get out and about and that does take the edge off after a while so I tend to curtail my dressing earlier than I need to.

Sin
02-14-2016, 01:11 PM

This is so true.. and so often have I done this.
I for example dress for doing house chores sometimes and it gets me to want maids dress just for my own fun!

Allisa
02-14-2016, 04:22 PM
Are you bored with being dressed or just bored with nothing to do? As was mentioned try being more casually dressed and forget about the clothes and just go about your routine, I find that if I start to tidy up the house things fall into place and soon enough it's bed time.

Judy-Somthing
02-14-2016, 07:28 PM
I always like to have something different to do during Playtime Dress-up, like a new dress or heels, makeup, etc.

Or just work on makeup techniques or hairstyles.

I find one of the problems with (In the closet) dress-up is you have to dress up when you get the chance, it's not necessarily when you want to dress-up.

Chelsea B
02-14-2016, 08:52 PM
I always like to have something different to do during Playtime Dress-up, like a new dress or heels, makeup, etc.

Or just work on makeup techniques or hairstyles.

I find one of the problems with (In the closet) dress-up is you have to dress up when you get the chance, it's not necessarily when you want to dress-up.

I'm in the pink fog and am constantly buying new stuff. I too face the frustration of being dressed up with no place to go, yet the rush of comfort and stress relief is amazing. Sometimes I can hang out for hours just reveling in it.

As someone else also suggested, I often change it up after a while, maybe change my dress or some other aspect of the wardrobe. The more I dress, the more difficult I am finding it to revert to drab.

Chelsea

Krisi
02-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Start by getting some boots and a coat. A hat and gloves might be appropriate.

As for what to do, read the forum enough and you will see what the rest of us do. See what works for you and do it.

Dana does shopping
02-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Fina a local event or GNO (Girls Night Out) and take the plunge. You will be amazed once You surround Yourself with Your tribe how different and similar everyone's 'stories' are ... Not to be outdone by comfort in meeting a three dimensional person you 'share' with.