PDA

View Full Version : I have 3 great kids that love and accept Lisa

LisaJ1
02-13-2016, 10:23 PM
I have 3 great kids that know I do crossdress and accept Lisa.My oldest two,my 18 and 20 year old daughters took it well right away and say I am a normal dad still.I do have a 15 year old son also and it took time for him to accept this.We worked things out help with a family therapist.It was back in December he met Lisa for the first time,we were both tearful and apologized for the pain he put me through.I forgave him and things with him are still getting better.He now loves and accepts Lisa in his life and sees I am a normal dad.Part of it is him getting to know Lisa more and knows she is nice.Plus our relationship is getting better as well and learned to love and accept me for who I am.

Marcie Rose
02-13-2016, 10:37 PM
I'm glad your kids have accepted you as Lisa. I have 18, 21, and 24 year old daughters who accept me as Marcie and it's a great feeling. They like hanging out when I'm en femme and doing our makeup and nails. My 8-year-old son doesn't know what to make of it yet so I try not to push Marcie on him.

LisaJ1
02-13-2016, 10:42 PM
My daughters and I do go out shopping together.They both know I love shoes.It was a couple weeks ago they both pitched in and bought me a pair of heels I fell in love with.

Teresa
02-14-2016, 09:44 AM
Lisa,
I'm glad it went OK for you, obviously your wife is fully supportive otherwise it wouldn't have happened, I'm not sure if your son was a good age to be told, he will have many of his own issues and I hope you haven't confused him with TG ones.

I posted a while ago about never being a right time to come out, I still think it's true, I waited till my children were adults and married but the complication now is I have grandchildren so I still have to careful. The nice thing is I'm still dad to them and still there for them, which I know they appreciate .

reb.femme
02-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Hi Lisa,

It's nice that your kids are OK with you, as life is so much easier when you are out to your close family members. I can imagine that at 15, it is very difficult to get your head around the fact of your dad being 'out of the norm'?

I have three sons aged 30 to 40. I came out to them just over a year ago. The youngest two were great but the eldest asked his mum, "Is nobody *ucking normal in this family"? Oh well...you can't win them all. :heehee: We get on well but the CD point is never mentioned with him.

Becky

Teresa
02-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Becky,
I hope you asked your eldest son to describe normal ! Is there such a thing ?

My daughter is very supportive but my son doesn't ask too much until he gets together with my wife and then the witty little comments start ! When they think I'm losing my marbles he'll say, "don't get your knickers in a twist!"

LisaJ1
02-14-2016, 10:03 AM
Lisa,
I'm glad it went OK for you, obviously your wife is fully supportive otherwise it wouldn't have happened, I'm not sure if your son was a good age to be told, he will have many of his own issues and I hope you haven't confused him with TG ones.

I posted a while ago about never being a right time to come out, I still think it's true, I waited till my children were adults and married but the complication now is I have grandchildren so I still have to careful. The nice thing is I'm still dad to them and still there for them, which I know they appreciate .

I have a supportive girlfriend.My last 5 relationships which resulted in 2 divorces and 3 breaks ups,my exes were not supportive

Jenny22
02-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Lisa, would you share with us some of the details about what you did to create the acceptance of your girl side? You are an older lady. Did your age have anything positive to do with acceptance? Thanks!