PDA

View Full Version : how do you perfer to be referred as

antonyio
02-14-2016, 06:03 PM
the other day my therapist asked me ,do I prefer to be referred to as he,she ,they .and what tittle do I want to be known as mr.miss,ms .this is a interesting point as there is no title for us ,my response was,they and couldn't say the tittle thou.i live full female without any operations as yet

Kalista Drake
02-14-2016, 06:11 PM
antonyio - Your title should be whatever you feel comfortable with. You can be called anything you like. For most of us females we prefer to called "miss" or "ma'am" or "lady" ... but for you, maybe it's different? I don't know...

MissDanielle
02-14-2016, 06:46 PM
I prefer Miss/Danielle/she/her

Rianna Humble
02-15-2016, 02:48 AM
Antonyio, your therapist was being thorough. A lot of transgender but not necessarily transsexual people shun the traditional he/she and Mr/Ms/Miss/Mrs forms of address.

In my experience, those of us who transition generally prefer to be referred to by the pronouns appropriate to our true gender (He & Mr for FtM and She & Ms/Miss/Mrs for MtF)

BOBBI G.
02-15-2016, 07:28 AM
I would prefer the name I chose and feminine pronouns, but at the end of the day, just being called is fine for now.

Bobbi

becky77
02-15-2016, 10:37 AM
That's a surprising question on the TS forum.

If you live full-time as a Woman why do you feel uncomfortable being called her/she?

My title is Ms, I am technically still married but Mrs seems wrong as does Miss.
However Ms, Miss, Mrs I don't mind as long as not Mr lol.

Angela Campbell
02-15-2016, 05:24 PM
For me "bioch" seems to work pretty well.

In all seriousness I transitioned from male to female ( not something in between) so anything other than she, her ma'am and miss, would be an insult.

you said there was no title for "us".....who is "us" ?

Ceera
02-15-2016, 07:54 PM
As Ceera, I use feminine pronouns all the way, and MS as my title, so "MS Ceera Murakami".

When presenting male, I use male pronouns.

When out with one of the rare people who knows both sides of me, such as my daughter, and I want to speak of my opposite gender identity to my current presentation, I use third person form. So shopping as a male, and seeing cute female shoes, I might say, "Oh! Ceera would love those boots, don't you think?"

grace7777
02-16-2016, 12:30 AM
Female pronouns.

Billiejosehine
02-16-2016, 03:31 AM
Ms/she/her

dreamer_2.0
02-16-2016, 06:45 AM
I definitely prefer female pronouns, but when asked this question in some settings, I reluctantly say to use male pronouns. Once ive gone full-time however, there will be no question, female pronouns 100% of the time, please.

STACY B
02-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Old Great One,,,lol,,,

Leanne2
02-17-2016, 11:05 AM
I had a doctor ask me the same question yesterday. Since I'm not full time I asked her to just use my male first name which happens to be unisex. That always works.....................Leanne

LeaP
02-17-2016, 12:22 PM
The question comes up in pre-transition circumstances all the time as well. My therapist asked early on despite my presenting male. My physician (trans herself) did the same. They will usually solicit your preference in a support group meeting. Even my electrologist asked. My answer has always been that if I'm presenting male, use male pronouns. If I'm presenting female, use female pronouns. Just don't call me "sir" or "mister" - ever.

becky77
02-17-2016, 12:42 PM
The question comes up in pre-transition circumstances all the time as well.

Totally get that and if you are still presenting male it's an expected question.
But Antonyio said she is living full-time.

LeaP
02-17-2016, 03:11 PM
Missed that ... was responding to responders and not the OP ... In the context of the latter's circumstances, the question is generally offensive or absurd. Granted, there are some who like alternative forms of address, but realistically, the general public isn't aware of those anyway.

kiwidownunder
02-17-2016, 09:39 PM
Hi There
My Therapist asked me the same thing , I have a unisex name so I said just call me that.
Funny thing is my wife keeps saying GOOD BOY when I help out and that upsets me !

Kiwi

EnglishRose
02-19-2016, 11:33 PM
Having changed my ID etc a long time ago, it feels great to use "Mrs." on forms.

karenpayneoregon
02-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Pre surgery my therapist simply called me Karen, for my real life test at work I asked fellow employees to use female pronouns, same for friends.

samantha rogers
02-23-2016, 11:01 PM
If I am wigged and carrying all the gender markers it bothers me to be referred to with male pronouns. But my own hair is now long. However it is thin. If I am in a store or with strangers and I've been too lazy to wear a wig and some stranger genders me as male I am not offended at all. To me that says I've not done enough to make my gender clear and it is my own fault for leaving enough ambiguity to make addressing me correctly difficult for strangers. But given my preference , always female. It's who I am.

Eryn
02-24-2016, 12:45 AM
I like to be called whatever people find natural to call me. When I am presenting female they're going to call me ma'am or, if they are being really nice, miss. People who know me use my female name. It's kind of a no-brainer.

I'm not a big fan of agender terms that only people "in the know" are familiar with. Insisting upon those terms being used in referring to you is setting yourself up for a lot of grief.

This is *my* transition, not my friends' and colleagues'. I want to make it as smooth and easy for them as I would like it to be for myself which is why I ask them to use the terms with which they are familiar and comfortable. If they slip and misgender me it isn't the end of the world. In fact it means that they are comfortable enough with me to relax and make the occasionally mistake.

Georgette_USA
02-24-2016, 12:49 AM
English Rose
Why Mrs. Are you now married. Have a friend that just got engaged. Haven't asked what her preference will be.

Beth-Lock
03-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Mam, she, her, hers, Miss or Ms.

Emjay
03-08-2016, 09:44 PM
I definitely prefer Mrs. (or Ms. works too if I'm speaking with someone who doesn't notice the ring) Ma'am, she/her or Megan, Meg or even MJ works if it's a close friend.

Anything else would be kind of rude. :)