PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance - a bit more...

Diversity
02-17-2016, 03:01 PM
The other day, I mentioned to my wife (we have a DADT relationship) how much I love my long satin nightgown. She said for me to take it off and try her cotton one! I did try, but could not get it over my shoulders. She brought out another one from the closet, but the result was still the same. So we put our respective nightgowns back on and she said, let's go down stairs and watch a movie together, and you don't have to change out of your nightgown. I'll close all the curtains so no one can see!
We did, and enjoyed our time together.
At some point I mentioned how much I love wearing a bra and also my denim skirt. My wife replied, that perhaps someday she might be able to allow this, but she is not ready for this yet and may not be for a long time, as it is something she needs to think about and build up to.
There is hope!!! 😃
Di

RADER
02-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Di;
However, with baby steps, you just might reach
your goal. My wife was OK with my dressing, but we had some ground rules.
The big think was I did not push dressing, And it was then allowed on a limited
basses.
Good Luck
Rader

Stephanie47
02-17-2016, 04:06 PM
A very long time ago my wife had no objections of me wearing a floor length nylon nightgown. Or knee length. And, throw in some hosiery. There was bedroom play on occasion and sometimes just watching television together. When our first child was born she asked that I not wear them as often. OK, no problem. Then, by accident she found my vivid red Vanity Fair bra. Our second child open a dresser draw and pulled it out of my storage box. I did not have much. It fit in a larger gift box. That was it. I blew it. My wife could not understand why a man would want to wear a bra when he has nothing to stuff into it? Good question.

More of the story. Don't push it! You may end up shooting yourself in the foot.

Tina_gm
02-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Up to now you have been in a DADT. Simply by making a statement about your nightgown or that you were wearing one seems to be in itself much more than a DADT. Now, it is great that your wife seems to be finding a bit more comfort then she used to. It sounds to me a pretty big step for her to have you wearing a nightgown down stairs while watching a movie. It probably would have been a good idea to just stop right there for the night. What we see so often on here is a marriage or relationship that seems to be going well, the CDer in the relationship feels their partner is getting more and more accepting. Then, all of a sudden, BAM! everything does a 180. Too much, too soon. Your wife made a wonderful offering to you. You really should have left it at that for now. Trying to put myself in your wife's place, I would have felt a lack of gratitude for pushing through my own discomfort for the sake of yours. As soon as you got something more, you immediately looked to get even more. That type of pushing often ends up getting less rather than more

Diversity
02-17-2016, 04:49 PM
Thanks Rader. I am hoping for the same.
Cheers.
Di

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Gendermutt,
Thank you for your input and I do appreciate your comments. In my situation I know my wife very well as we have been happily married for a long time, and my comment was taken very well, as we have had numerous discussions since I came out to her.
Normally you would be right , but in this particular instance, everything was and is fine. Again, I do thank you for your comments.
Di

Tina_gm
02-17-2016, 06:31 PM
OK, I am glad all is going well. Perhaps it is the DADT you had mentioned. Having numerous discussions and all, I don't know if DADT applies to you. I was basing my comments mostly on that.

Anita Cosmolover
02-17-2016, 11:59 PM
Hi Di

Super jealous! My wife knows about my lingerie wearing but can't handle seeing me wear it in front of her. I've tried wearing a slip in bed and she has cracked it! She can handle me wearing lingerie when she is not around, but that is it for now. I'm slowly working on her, but do not want to upset the apple cart as she has had to accept a lot and was a shock for her. I do one day hope to be able to wear a slip in front of her without her freaking out!

ChristinaK
02-18-2016, 12:45 AM
My wife used to tolerate my nightgowns, then did a 180. Now I can wear women's PJ'S and panties only.

The last two nights I was hot and wore a nylon Vanity Fair nightgown with thin straps. We did not go to bed together, so I thought all was good. This morning she brought it up. Busted. Then she told me she has a fear that my daughter is going to come home and find me dead from a heart attack wearing a nightie and lipstick. What could I say to that?

Diversity
02-18-2016, 01:00 AM
Hi Christina,
Funny you mentioned that! My wife said that her fear was that I'd get a heart attack in bed one night wearing a night gown. So she said she would cut it off me with scissors as she did not want me to be seen like this, and would rather I was found nude. I believe she keeps them close by. 😁

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Anita,
I empathize with you. It took me years to get to this point. I can suggest to you as many others will don't push things. Go extremely slowly and patiently giving her a lot of time. I do suggest letting her know how you feel from time to time as you need to be true to yourself as well. Perhaps if you take another tack and talk about feminine things with her and for her , she will begin to accept your interest in things that also interest her, and from this basis, you both could build upon this mutual interest, and over time she will relax more and want to share back with you, knowing it will make you happy.
Good luck to you Anita. It is not easy for either one of you. But I do believe love will conquer all.
Di

carolyn todd
02-18-2016, 07:00 AM
Diversity
how about under dress under your night dress,bra & knickers and skirt & top ?.

Carolyn xx

BLUE ORCHID
02-18-2016, 07:56 AM
Hi DI :hugs:, Just rememberthat a trip of a thousand miles starts with the first step. ~~...:daydreaming:...

lingerieLiz
02-20-2016, 02:02 AM
For all those worried about dying with a night gown on. Ambulance and coroners have seen it all to. Unless you are killed there isn't a mention of the clothing on the report. So tell your so it would not be good to kill you as the secret would be out.