PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if??

Bobbi46
02-18-2016, 07:19 AM
What would you do if like me you can dress on most days and one day a close friend came to visit unannounced and you were dressed, and on top of this it would be a warm day, the doors would be open and your car outside, and there was no time to change but also you could not deny you weren't t inside?
I have pondered on this for a while, and whereas it could happen one day it hasn't so far. Part of me makes me say I would have the courage to be up front over the whole thing and worry about the fallout if any after.
What would you do?

DeeArel
02-18-2016, 07:35 AM
This happened to me several years back, however, it was cool outside with windows and doors locked and I worked third shift so that I could plausibly claim that I was sleeping.

I answered the door and let him in. We are still good friends thirty years later.

Rhonda Darling
02-18-2016, 08:05 AM
When it happens, you don't have much time to think. I was dressed totally femme one day (forms glued on, bra, t-back exercise shirt, wig, earrings, jeans, girls sneakers, etc -- but no makeup or nail polish, fortunately), cutting my back lawn riding my mower. Note that my yard had a stockade fence and neighbors homes were distant, so no chance of being seen. My double wide gate was wide open and it faced straight down my long driveway. As I made a loop past the gate I glance down the drive and see a car I recognized turning into the drive. Yipes!

I jump off the mower and race in the back door (locking it as I go). I charge down the hall, removing clothes as I go. Without using any glue remover I yank my forms off and start scrambling into guy clothes. By this time my doorbell is ringing. I check the mirror and head to the front of the house, only to hear my friend now knocking on the back door.

I greeted him and let him in. His first question was where the heck did I go? He saw the lawn mower, but did not get a good look at me. I gave a BS excuse that I ran in to go to the bathroom, and didnt know he was at the front door. We chatted for awhile before he left me to finish the lawn.

Throughout the "visit" my heart was going 100 MPH. I dont know if he saw what was in front of him, but he's never mentioned it again. Scared the cr_p out of me, though.

That was years ago. If it happened today, I'd probably not run from it.

Rhonda

CarlaWestin
02-18-2016, 08:14 AM
I would start the conversation with, "Let me know if you have a problem with this so I'm not wasting my time."
And then, "You need to learn how to use a phone, bro! Wanna' beer? And, keep your hands to yourself!"

Sky
02-18-2016, 08:55 AM
I'd yell "Kiss me, fool!"

MarciManseau
02-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Sky, I have to admit that I LOVE how you think :) Woo-hoo!

Krisi
02-18-2016, 09:10 AM
I would change as quickly as possible, then answer the door. My "excuse" would have been that I was sitting on the toilet.

bridget thronton
02-18-2016, 09:12 AM
Today I would just answer the door (like I do for any unannounced callers)

Sharon B.
02-18-2016, 09:59 AM
First off you don't say if it was a man or a woman. Man I would change fast, woman I would be more likely depending on how the friendship was before changing or not.

Bobbi46
02-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Sharon, I did not say if it would be a man or a woman because it could be either, possibly I would brave the situation and see what happens but it is an unknown thing to be sure.

Krisi
02-18-2016, 10:12 AM
Just keep in mind that if you want to keep your hobby a secret, you can't tell people about it. Close friend or not, this person might tell someone who would tell someone else and pretty soon, half the people in town know.

Alice_2014_B
02-18-2016, 10:12 AM
With absolutely no time to change, that would be scary.
Since my friends know I'm in theatre, I would just say that I am practicing for a female role.
:)

MidwayNH
02-18-2016, 10:33 AM
I kinda got stuck in a reverse situation from this. I have to give a little bit of info first. My mother had to move in with me. She is 60 years old and has a physical disability that prevents her from working and makes it had to do normal things like cooking and cleaning.

That being said on with the story. I was out for a drive fully dressed up this past Sunday around 9pm. A friend came over to see how me and my mother were doing. (we are both night owls and the friend is a third shift nursing assistant) I happen to be ready to end my ride and was just about in front my house slowing to pull in my driveway. there she was waiting to pull in. Thankfully I didn't turn my turn signal on. So I just drove past and pulled over further up and sent my mother a txt message. She said she would herd her towards the room farthest away from the door and put some wipes and my male cloths in her room for me to clean up and change. I get in the door and their she is walking to the bathroom which is right in view of the front door. Complete panic mode I just freeze.

She looks at me and says "you look better than most women I know and that includes me." Jaw dropped. Long story short I asked her not to tell anyone else. she was fine with it.

Judy-Somthing
02-18-2016, 10:47 AM
That happened to me one time years ago.

My friend showed up and range the bell several times. As he walked to the back of the house I snuck in to the shower and washed off the makeup real quick.

I then yelled out the window that I just got out of the shower, I'll be down in a minuet.

Close call.

Cheryl T
02-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Never in that situation as I would never leave the doors open and unlocked.

OCD won't let me.

Jackie7
02-18-2016, 04:24 PM
Open the door and invite them in. Play the cards you got. I say that bravely now, but just last year when the tree service came to the door I too changed in a rush, except for the earrings... Some days are better than others. But fukit, if it's important enough that you do it kinda often, then it's important enough to share with friends.

josrphine
02-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Hi Bobbi, I have decited to let my cards fall were they may this yr. Two things have happen, first the mail man had mail for me that i had to sign for. I was in the front rm were our computor is an saw him walk up too the front door, Oh what the heck I went to the door full dressed in what i call is just nock around skirt an lite make-up an flats. He looked at me cause I pass fairly good , handed me the sheet to sign, full male name he took it an thank me an left. Closed the door an went on my way. The second time my house cleaner had come to the door dressed again, so I opened it she look at me an said I knew you dressed an wow you look good. As i have found out if you are looking like a house wife you dress like a house wife. If you are going out, it all depends on were. I like going to the cansino dressed I have no problem. That me . Jo

Tracii G
02-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Answer the door and act like everything is normal and see what happens.
I'm a risk taker like that.
What are they going to do? Think of it from their point of view for once.
What would you do if you found a friend dressed up? My guess is just go OMG and try to be nice like friends do.

Stephanie47
02-18-2016, 05:59 PM
One of the reasons I don't bother with makeup unless I know I will have no interruptions is the unexpected knock at the door. I usually have seven hours of femme time, and, I'm usually totally en femme. I keep the living room drapes drawn which I would do anyway to stop the sunlight from bleaching the sofa's fabric too much. I always check in the morning the anticipated deliveries on USPS and UPS. I know the engine sounds if UPS is going to make a delivery, so I just ignore the knock. Sometimes neighbors knock for some reason. Even though my car is on the driveway I just ignore it. I pawn it off as taking a leisurely soaking bath which I do sometimes. There is no compulsion to answer the door. If you want to see me, then call ahead. The side gate is always secure.

I would not answer the door en femme because the relationship I have with my wife is DADT. That includes not broadcasting my cross dressing to the neighbors. The closest I ever came to being discovered and therefore killed happened when I was probably seventeen. I thought I had sufficient time to sneak several minutes wearing my mother's dress. My mother and father came back sooner than I expected. My father almost broke through the security chain on the apartment door. He was furious. I said I was on the toilet. With hindsight I think they knew I was trying on my mother's clothing. They were not tolerant at all when it came to gays and lesbians, and, I'm sure I would have had the crap beaten out of me.

2B Natasha
02-18-2016, 06:21 PM
I would answer the door how I am dressed. I'm out to most everybody and if you can't call then you get what you get. I've no time any more for how people feel about things. Life is just way to short in my opinion. That said. The chances of this happening are small. I rarely get gussied up just to stay around the house. I tend to go places. I gave up the home but awhile ago. Just wasn't for me. If I'm at home. I'm in my robe or shorts.

ChristinaK
02-19-2016, 01:52 AM
About 2 weeks ago I dropped my daughter off at school, then went home to dress up. Just got finished when the doorbell started ringing frantically.

Combat gender change ensued. Ran to door and answered it, breathless and heart beating hard, wondering WTH. A guy wanted to buy the trees I was in the process of removing from my yard. What a random thing. I was very flustered and probably smelled like a woman, but was happy too. No courage on my part there.

xNicolex
02-19-2016, 03:45 AM
I gotta say I would avoid dressing while home alone and just wait until my GF is around to answer the door. I know not everyone is able to that and some can only dress when their SO is out. But if the circumstance did arise that I would have to answer the door then I wouldn't bother changing its my house and why should I.

Milly1410
02-19-2016, 05:20 AM
I guess i'd get changed as quick as i can and look for an excuse for my late reply. I'm still quite afraid about consequences if somebody would find out my feminine me.

Claire Cook
02-19-2016, 07:07 AM
Time was when I'd either not answer the door or do whatever I could to quick change. Now that I am out more and more and most of my neighbors have seen me dressed, I'd probably just say "Hi, how about a cup of coffee?"

Bobbi46
02-19-2016, 07:17 AM
post people and some locals have seen me dressed but close friends have not, but if it was a total stranger I guess I would go to the door to see what they wanted I don't quite know yet

Candice June Lee
02-19-2016, 07:30 AM
I haven't thought much on this. My close friend who might show up unannounced is well aware of my true self. His wife is too. So I don't know what to do if another person showed up. But, I don't think I'd worry too much anymore. I used to, but now it's just who I am. If you like me great, if you don't, well, there's the door.

Anne K
02-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Right on, Sky! Might as well have some fun!

Diana Leather
02-19-2016, 10:46 AM
ALL my friends know, so no biggie

TrinaB
02-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Sky...absolutely perfect response.

Joni Beauman
02-19-2016, 12:18 PM
I've had many such occasions. Risking same right now. Current practice is my wife knows and tolerates the time it takes me to change; but daughter is visiting so greater discretion is called for. Most of the time, I rush to change unless in full make-up and painted nails; a few times I have signed for a package en femme and recognized a grin - other times laid low. It must be what keeps delivery jobs interesting. Let's not let them down; however, alas, other than my dear wife I don't have a close enough friend to trust with this issue. Play dates anyone? Joni

sometimes_miss
02-20-2016, 12:52 AM
Never in that situation as I would never leave the doors open and unlocked.
Me either. But this has happened. I waited a moment, yelled that I was in the bathroom, and would be out in a few minutes.

How long does it take you to quick change? I can be out of all my girl stuff in about a minute, grab my shorts and t shirt, and head towards the bathroom where i can take off my nail polish (which takes less than 5 minutes, you do several nails at a time, because this is no time to be saving pennies on solvents).
That done, let them in, take a REAL quick shower, get dressed in drab. Total time elapsed, about 12 minutes and we're out of the house.
If you wear make up, keep whatever commercial makeup removal cloths available too (neutragena makes several types).
I don't have any friends that will be wandering around my house while I'm in the bathroom; they come in, help themselves, have a seat in the living room or kitchen while I finish washing up. Or sit on the porch if the door's locked. No big deal. And, no problems.

lingerieLiz
02-20-2016, 01:18 AM
Back in the early 70s I rented a house. Was over cleaning it up and decided to get dressed. I was in living room sitting when I heard the screen door open. Thought for a second it was my dad who knew, but it was the neighbor down the road. I jumped up and said I'll be right out. He stepped out on the porch and I ran to the backroom to get other clothes on. He came back in I slipped on a pair of slacks and jacket put slid my feet into my sandals. As I'm walking out to the yard to see how to use the watering system I looked down and realized you could see the nylons through the sandal front. DUH. Anyway we spent about half an hour walking and talking. Later when I thought about it he had seen me in the dress, I still had the forms on so the light jacket showed projection and my slip's lace was hanging out in the back. He never said a word and stayed friendly while I lived there so I guess it didn't bother him.

Today I just answer the door. UPS guy, mail lady, neighbors all have seen me. Doesn't seem to bother them.

Bobbi46
02-21-2016, 11:10 AM
Liz, like you, I will answer the door dressed for post deliveries and such like but as yet do not quite know how I would handle a friend coming unannounced, brazen it out and wait for the fall out or be cautious?

Alice Torn
02-21-2016, 12:07 PM
At age 14, I think my sister and mom realized i was experimenting with their things. My mom did not mention what i was doing, but strongly tried to get me to go to a psychiatrist then. She wanted my dad to go with me, but he would not. I think he may have had a little fetish too! I rented rooms with other people, and several times almost got caught! I forgot some elastic bracelets in the showers at one place i stayed, and the 78 yr old lady who owned the house found them and left them by my bed. Later, after moving out, i sent her some photos of me as Alice. She was not pleased to say the least! Just last week, i was in a full day dressing and photo session, when the knock came on my door!! I looked out the window to make sure it was not my sister or brother, than asked who it was. My next door neighbor! I said i was not dressed yet, then , decided to open the door, as she knew i dress , but had not seen me dressed for years. I had on wig, pearls, broach, purple dress, hose and heels. No problem. She had seen lots of Cd, TS years ago. Just hope she doesn't tell the older couple nest to her, who she talks with a lot! Oh well.

Raychel
02-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Over the years I would have run and hid somewhere,
But now, at this point in my life, I would face the music, open the door, and see what happens.
This is me, The world will have to get over it. :battingeyelashes:

unless it was my father at the door, that I don't know what I would do. :eek:

Krististeph
02-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Had a guy walking on my roof two years ago. I was not sure if he was a burglar or an idiot... he was an Idiot.

I de-dressed, and was rather pissed when I confronted him. Turns out he was a bit stoned, wrong address.

What bothers me is i would have preferred him to be a burglar. So much adrenaline, I really wanted to pound him into a mush.

Why would I want to hurt some moron? I still think the general in-acceptance of or crossdressers by society has a criminal or civil liability.

Media still mocks and embarrasses us. Assholes.

All I can say is thank goodness that stoners are laid back. Total opposite still owes me for losing several buttons on a cute black and white plaid taffeta dress.

Actually- my biggest conundrum is that I usually do not dress up as well as I could- not fully. I am actually more embarrassed at the though of not trying hard enough.

if it comes to it. I will face someone. But they had best have a good reason for intruding. Which can be said for anyone- CD aspect or otherwise. I know this does not speak well for me, I'm not all that much of an ambassador. for that, I do apologize.

Jaystar
02-21-2016, 01:08 PM
I would have to run to the bathroom and pretend I was in the shower... :)

suchacutie
02-21-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure I agree with the premise. This is like people who are compelled to answer a ringing telephone. There is no law that it must be answered.

Likewise there is nothing that says you must open the door for an unannounced visitor. There is always the "I was in the bathroom" excuse if you need it later, but I just don't see that someone knocking on one's outside door needs, necessarily, to compel you to do anything. Just sayin :)

lingerieLiz
02-22-2016, 01:41 AM
My first landlady was a bear and asked me to leave after she found fem stuff in my room. My second one was great. I think she saw my clothes and stuff. She was a hair dresser. When a friend talked me into going out as a girl for a prank. She helped me get ready and her boyfriend made my friend come in like it was a date. After that I openly dressed in front of them.

CathyWallace
02-22-2016, 02:47 AM
Since I crossdress 100% of the time, the only embarrassment comes when someone catches me without my makeup.

Lucey
02-22-2016, 03:12 AM
suchacutie... This is like people who are compelled to answer a ringing telephone.

For our my wife and I, we do not believe in running for the phone unless we know it is family or something is going on. We have keep our "wall phone" set for years now to ring twice and then it go's into the deliberately set generic answering message.

The great side of this is we do not get many if any at all of those annoying marketing or robo-calls. ;)

kittie60
02-22-2016, 03:32 AM
Since I'm 24/7 I don't care. They either take me for who I am or not.

Nikkilovesdresses
02-22-2016, 05:51 AM
The doors are open, your car's outside, and you're unprepared to be caught dressed?

Hmm... I suppose you could plead temporary insanity?

Jenny Doolittle
02-22-2016, 09:08 AM
I have had the mailman come up and beep, a sign that said hey, come out to he truck and sign for a package, I was dressed is a cute tennis type skirt and top along with skimmers, and of course hair and makeup. I went and singed, he was professional about it, but, did yea ever get that feeling that you could feel someone staring a hole through you as you walked away! :) Anyway, he has seen me several other times now as well as the meter man and a few others who make deliveries. I guess, at some point in your life you just give up worrying about what others think and go about being the person you feel comfortable being.

Half-CD
02-22-2016, 09:17 AM
I tend to only wear tights and shorts with a tshirt - I think I would run upstairs to put some lounge pants on...but leave my feet exposed to risk being noticed!

Bobbi46
02-22-2016, 05:31 PM
Jenny part of your thread really nails it " Being the person you are comfortable being", as I do but this is one hurdle as yet to be jumped over by me, that is greeting a close unannounced friend at the door.

Maryesther M.
02-22-2016, 05:49 PM
Our domestic situation is we're surrounded by our own green acres and have a long drive patrolled by large dogs, the outer gate to the road being locked normally, so unannounced callers don't happen. Helicopters are noisy & announce themselves!!

One Summer's day MOH was gardening and heard a lot of angry barking out front, went to investigate and found two very unhappy blokes pinned back against our greenhouse by our most bloodthirsty hound. They had ignored the dog sign on the gate (which wasn't locked) and walked 150 yards past it. When asked what their business was they replied that they were selling 'Telecom Home Security' !!. MOH said they'd just met ours and they beat a hasty retreat.

M.

nikkiwindsor
02-25-2016, 10:31 PM
Many years ago something similar to this hypothetical actual happened to me. My roommate returned home unexpectedly. I was appalled and scared to death. I barricaded the door and didn't let him in. He left thinking I was up to something no good. Understandably, our joint housing arrangement ended shortly after that.

carrie001
02-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Where I am now, and depending on who it was, I'd probably say f*uck it and open the door. It also might depend on how I looked that day too. :)

CONSUELO
02-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Recently a close female friend dropped by and walked in the side door unannounced. I was not dressed at the time but I had wanted to dress that day and she could easily have walked in on me.
I thought about it later and decided that I would just have had to carry on as normal and tell her that yes, this was me.

Lexi Moralas
02-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Happens to me once , ran in to the bathroom turned on the shower while I chanced then jumped in long enough to get wet. The. Went to check the door in a towel.

Rachael Leigh
02-26-2016, 05:03 PM
I would just act as normal as possible I think because for me it is my normal, it would be an interesting conversation I'm sure but I would just roll with it

Dana44
02-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Ahh ha ha, my daughter came to my place one time. I had hid my stuff. She found some lip gloss in the bath room and informed me they were for girls. I said my lips were dry and I bought them for that. She replied I should go get male stuff instead of this stuff. LOL

Linda E. Woodworth
02-27-2016, 08:08 AM
I can only say it's depends.

I've considered this if a friend, male or female, walked in on Linda. In that case I'd introduce myself and ask if they'd like a cup of coffee or tea. I'd expect there'd be some questions but no inquisition.

I do answer the phone when home but not the door. One time the Exterminator arrived to check the outside of the house. As I tend to work in front of the kitchen window I ran around like chicken with their head cut off getting out of my clothes and makeup. That was an over reaction and I should have just gone upstairs until they finished.

karynspanties
02-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Well, I have been busted twice by neighbors. I really am not concerned what they think. 1st time I was enjoying a Saturday morning on my patio out back. Sitting in a womens nylon robe, wearig a full slip, panties and padded bra. I was sitting there drinking my morning coffee Mr. Nosey from a few doors down came from out of no where. He obviously noticed what I was wearing. He ended up sitting down and we chatted for over an hour. I even went in an got him a cup of coffee. I think he liked what he saw. 2nd time it happened I was cleaning the house, also a Saturday morning ritual. I always do this wearing panties, padded bra and a full slip, no robe. As I was vacuuming by the from door, the door bell rang. As I turned to look at the side light window next to the door, there was the woman from across the street standing there looking right at me. She smiled, I motioned one second with my finger and went in and grabbed my robe. She already seen me, so why worry about it now??? I answered the door, opened it up about a quarter of the way. She looked at me head to toe and smiled. Told me she liked my choice of apparel and handed me my mail that she received by accident. There is another story with her....but that is another thread.

Bobbi46
02-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Would it or does it just come down to courage when that moment arrives?

Scarlett Viktoria
02-27-2016, 05:15 PM
Actually, a couple weeks ago I was fully dressed, wig, and all. A neighbor knocked on my door a couple times for some HOA thing that was going on. My garage door was open with the car inside so he knew I was home. I didn't answer. He told one of our neighbor friends that he knocked on my door and I didn't answer so she brought it up to me. I just said "oh, I was upstairs." I later ran into the neighbor who told me he came by so I just told him I was in the shower. Meanwhile I was really hiding in my closet, thanking god he didn't knock on my door as I walked by the window which happened Bout 2 seconds, no exaggeration, beforehand.

Bobbi46
02-28-2016, 02:16 PM
I am actually slowly come round to the thought that well I am happier when dressed en femme so why worry about the possibility of what might happen, time will tell I suppose, I have had a few thoughts that more of my expat friends know than are admitting so we will have to see.

Sarah Doepner
02-28-2016, 02:41 PM
My initial response is based on years and years of hiding from my truth and would be to try to find a way to change quickly or just hide. Recently I've been coming out to people in my life and so far the response has been positive and supportive, so I may respond differently now. My preference, however, is to try and control the disclosure of the information to avoid an unwanted fear or surprise response that outweighed the love or respect that would be there if I managed the disclosure.