PDA

View Full Version : Professional voice training online?

JanePeterson
02-18-2016, 04:10 PM
Hello!

I am curious if anyone is aware of a Skype/FaceTime like service to connect with a voice coach over the internet - I live on the moon, and the YouTube/video stuff just doesn't engage me enough.

Alternatively, anyone ever practice voice stuff with a friend online? Maybe the audio quality of online stuff is too poor for training?

Thanks!

Jane

Jennifer-GWN
02-18-2016, 04:56 PM
I went inhouse once a week... very helpful.

Zooey
02-18-2016, 06:17 PM
I have not done so, but the idea of having a regular group voice chat with people here is interesting. Certainly voice practice/feedback could be part of that, but it could also be a nice way to talk about more complicated things in a different setting.

JanePeterson
02-18-2016, 06:21 PM
Zooey..

I would LOVE something like that - for me, just having a date/time and expectation to show up is what motivates me to practice... Otherwise It's too easy to blow off...

are there free multi/way video or audio services for stuff like that? I'll snoop around a bit and report back

Zooey
02-18-2016, 07:50 PM
There are a number of them that we could use. I know you're on eastern time - what hours are you available?

Jennifer-GWN
02-18-2016, 08:19 PM
We test ran a google hangout just before the holidays which went quite well. I'd be happy to set another up for a couple of hours on a weekend afternoon. Been wanting to but with holidays and travel it was tough.

Let me know.

Zooey
02-18-2016, 08:21 PM
I'm setting up something regular/repeating. Check out Safe Haven.

MissDanielle
02-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Exceptional Voice is the only website I know of that offers coaching via the internet. I don't know how much it costs since I'm going to go down the street to a voice lab that offers trans voice lessons.

PretzelGirl
02-18-2016, 11:34 PM
I can give two thumbs up to Kathe Perez and ExceptionalVoice.com. We did sessions over FaceTime at first, and later, Skype. I did 16 total sessions with her. One of the things I really liked is that she recorded the part of the session with the deliberate exercises and emailed them to you. I would load them up on my phone and use them to warm up in the morning when driving to work. Now I have a hoarse voice that therapy can't do anything about and just like looks, I don't perceive my voice as great. But I am told otherwise and I don't get clocked, so it was well worth it to me.

Angela Campbell
02-19-2016, 12:26 PM
I used the Kathe Perez 30 day. Loved it. I met her at Southern comfort a few years ago, and she is really good. Worked for me very well.

Badtranny
02-20-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm setting up something regular/repeating. Check out Safe Haven.

I'll pop in. Send me the info.

Safe Haven is silly.

Cindy J Angel
02-21-2016, 12:13 AM
I would like to join if I could. But I don't belong to safe haven. I am looking for one now in the VA System.