PDA

View Full Version : Makeup and glasses

Sarah Rabbit
02-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi all

Any suggestions for applying makeup with glasses. As I am getting older, wearing glasses full time appears inevitable. With out them I can not apply the makeup properly, when I wear them, I can not reach my eyes

Many thanks in advance:)

Sarah

TracyDeluxe
02-18-2006, 05:14 PM
I am very nearsighted, and I simply use a hand mirror. Works for me. :)

Laurie Ann
02-18-2006, 05:17 PM
What about contacts?

AprilMae
02-18-2006, 05:24 PM
You can also get one of those mega magnifier mirrors. they work well.

Gale R
02-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Sarah, you could always buy a shaving mirror, the double sided type, plain mirror one side, magnified the other.;)
I'm going to invest in one myself, like you i'm getting a little short sighted.:eek:

Francesca Chantel
02-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Thankfully, my wife does mine for me. :)

Reana
02-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Thankfully, my wife does mine for me. :)

This is the answer if available. For the rest of us with that problem, then all the earlier suggestions help but don't totally solve the problem. Lasik for me, very soon. :)

Julie York
02-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Love your signature.

Can'thelp with the problem though.

Julie Avery
02-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi all

Any suggestions for applying makeup with glasses. As I am getting older, wearing glasses full time appears inevitable. With out them I can not apply the makeup properly, when I wear them, I can not reach my eyes

Many thanks in advance:)

Sarah

Glad to see so many replies, as I'm getting a bit nearsighted myself, and when I first read this thread, thought we might be up against the old "what happens when an immovable object meets an irresistible force" conundrum.

GypsyKaren
02-18-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm blind as a bat without my glasses, I have a lighted magnified make-up mirror, works great for me.

Karen

pauleen
02-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Contacts or lazer are a great idea. but than god I have good vision.

Penny
02-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Contacts! A Godsend for me.

Sage GG
02-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Try a light makeup mirror. mine has one side that magnifies, I use it to put on contacts then the makeup. only about twenty bucks and worth every penny.

Jodi Lynn
02-18-2006, 08:49 PM
A magnifieing mirror works great for me too. BTW you will never catch Jodi Lynn in her glasses when she is out, except while I am driving.

Francesca Chantel
02-18-2006, 08:55 PM
I can't go anywhere without my glasses. LOL I'll fall over everything!

Phoebe Reece
02-18-2006, 09:54 PM
I use a wall mounted magnifying mirror most of the time.
You can purchase a pair of reading glasses that have individual flip-up lenses that are specifically for applying makeup. My wife bought me a pair about 8 years ago. I used them for awhile, but found the frames still got in the way too much to suit me. You can find them in those catalogs that are full of household gadgets and other cute things.

Charlene Marie
02-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Sara, Simply really. I too wear glasses have for years, i have my drabb two pair and my Fem two pair plus sunglasses.
Go to any decnt drug store or beauty supply and buy a magnifying mirror on a stand, a 8-10X is best. You have both hands free to apply makeup and afix eyelashes, works great.

Sarah Rabbit
02-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Hi
Thank you all for the replies

To Julie York, thank you, I have wondered if my signature was over the top.

For finacial and fear reasons, LASER and contacts were out of the question.
My wife is very accomadating and willing to apply the makeup, however I long
gain the skills to do it myself (After all, how many gg's ask their O.S to apply their makeup).

The lighted and magnifying mirrors sound like the way to go.:D
Thank you all very much for your comments.

Hugs and kisses

Sarah

Monica55cd
02-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Sarah.. i have this same problem without my glasses I cant see a thing up close....i have really gotten hooked on having my makeup done... they can do so much better of a job than i ever could...i just have to allow for the expense of it...have you try a makeup application at a salon??? I've found price ranges from 15.00 to 85.00.. oh well best of luck...if you hav'nt tryed a makeover do try it...