PDA

View Full Version : Situational awareness

CarlaWestin
02-20-2016, 09:53 AM
I scrambled to put everything the way it was, but I know she saw what I was doing.

Has this activity of ours made us experts at situational awareness? I mean, ever since I started this little clandestine activity, it's been a practice in hiding and grabbing time packets without raising suspicion. Transforming into a presentation so nonconforming that detection would be a life changer. In our desirable state, steeped in the warmth of pleasure, we almost forget our vulnerability. And then everything is meticulously reset because we're a careful study of what others appearance of normal is supposed to be. I do believe that these finely honed skills have enhanced my abilities to analyze and assess situations and deductively reason perfectly. So, crossdressing is truly a valuable life skill.

What say you?

Rhonda Darling
02-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Carla:

Having spent about 45 of my 65 years in the closet, I can attest to the fact that one can't survive doing this without developing a finely honed attention to detail, and a very keen power of observation. I am so much happier to now have a spouse who knows and who supports Rhonda.

Best regards,
Rhonda

Cheryl T
02-20-2016, 10:50 AM
I absolutely agree.
We would make fantastic spies as well. Borrowing your wife/sister/mother/girl friend's clothes, returning them exactly where they were, knowing just how many minutes you have from their departure to arrival. Our acute awareness and stealth skills have been honed over sometimes decades. We know when the neighbors are home or away to make that 50 foot walk out and back, heart's racing, blood pumping wildly.
If we do venture out in public we surreptitiously scan everyone to see who is observing us. We are some of the greatest observers in the world.

Judy-Somthing
02-20-2016, 10:53 AM
I've been pretty good at hiding my secret over the last 45 years.
I should have purchased the same brand of makeup remover pads as my wife or daughter uses but, I didn't.
Thee days ago after PlayTime I accidentally left the makeup remover and used pads on the sink counter.
The next day my wife moved them, she might think they're my daughters who hasn't been home in over a week so I'm not sure what she thinks.

I'm trying to plan my next move.
Well the pads are still on the sink. When my daughter come home and asks my wife if she can use them, hell might break loose.

Chelsea B
02-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Spot on observations.
However, I find that it's like sleeping with one eye open. It's hard to fully immerse in my feminine time. I have a family member who can sometimes come home with little notice. It happened just yesterday, luckily she texts before she comes (one of the wife's DADT rules/concessions). I had to take off my dress, heels, and forms and cover myself in drab. Talk about spoiling the moment......
I have a trip to Vegas coming up in a couple months, alone. I am so looking forward to some uninterrupted dressing.

Samantha981
02-20-2016, 11:57 PM
Absolutely it has developed our awareness skills and preparedness skills!! Planning skill... you name it! Never thought of it this way, improving life skills :) .
I go as far as taking a few pics around the house on my phone to make sure I put anything that should not have changed back the same.
Then there are the observation skills for those of us closeted and who go out in the world... while looking confident and on task (shopping? ;) ) we keep an eye on our surroundings for wrong kind of attention and any faces we might recognize. It is exhausting but in a good way.

Robin414
02-21-2016, 12:36 AM
So, crossdressing is truly a valuable life skill.

What say you?

Hell yes! Being able to emulate the 'opposite' gender (well) I can see being a huge asset

SHY KIM
02-21-2016, 02:44 AM
We would make fantastic spies as well. Borrowing your wife/sister/mother/girl friend's clothes, returning them exactly where they were, knowing just how many minutes you have from their departure to arrival. Our acute awareness and stealth skills have been honed over sometimes decades.
We are some of the greatest observers in the world.
Cheryl nailed it! I used the same reference earlier tonight at the Chi Chapter meeting. "We could easily become spy's based on the skills we honed living the lifestyle we do"
You have to admit, it's not easy, and there is some pain that comes along, but it is also exciting AND invigorating. Due to family activity at my house today, to get ready "FULL EN FEM" I underdressed and did my foundation at home. Snuck out thru the basement, parked in a busy parking lot to do a few parts of make up. Moved to a hotel parking lot to do my jewelry and slip into my skirt and top, and then finished my make-up in the ladies room at the hotel. Damn! All the while keeping an eye 360 degrees for any possible threats.

sometimes_miss
02-21-2016, 02:12 PM
It didn't really start with my crossdressing; having an older sibling that hated me, and a neighbor boy who bullied me as well made me always very aware of who and what was around me, as I hated getting hit so much. Crossdressing only kept up the SA for me even more.

Beverley Sims
02-22-2016, 08:38 AM
Situational awareness is a life skill I learned at an early age.

I think you have to acquire it otherwise you are dead in the water.