PDA

View Full Version : Relationship with my son is a lot better

LisaJ1
02-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Relationship with my 15 year old son is a lot better,he does love and accept my femme side Lisa in his life now.He did not accept it 3 years ago when I told him.It was back in November we decided to work things out with help from a family therapist.This therapist was great to us and it took time one step at a time,was not overnight.I am amazed how he has dealt with this and he knows I am a normal dad that loves to get in touch with my female side now.This family therapist explained to him that I am happy doing this and this is my way of expressing myself.He did get to meet Lisa for the first time in December,said he was ready to meet her.It was in one of our therapy sessions he did and was emotional.We hugged and were a little tearful.Finally he did apologize to me for the pain he put me through and decided to forgive him.Has been getting know Lisa more and says she is nice and calm.I am still proud of him for this and told him keep it up.

Amy Lynn3
02-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Lisa, great information and so glad you have rebuilt the bridge between you and your son.

MarciManseau
02-22-2016, 10:43 PM
How wonderful for both of you. I'm sure you'll be a lot closer now, and in the future. Make sure he knows how we all think he's wonderful/

LisaJ1
02-22-2016, 10:52 PM
How wonderful for both of you. I'm sure you'll be a lot closer now, and in the future. Make sure he knows how we all think he's wonderful/

We are much closer,I get him every weekend.He has learned his lesson,love me for who I am and not judging me.My son is a good kid and stays out of trouble hanging around in the right crowd.

bridget thronton
02-23-2016, 02:50 AM
It is good that you and your son are getting closer go one another

Abbey11
02-23-2016, 05:07 AM
That's great Lisa, thank you for sharing such a personal event x

Amanda M
02-23-2016, 12:56 PM
Well done - remember that he is just a young lad, and it must have been an anxious experience for him. At his age, it would have been for me!

Bless you both!