PDA

View Full Version : Sinus Infections & Confidence

Zooey
02-23-2016, 12:14 AM
I hate sinus infections, but I love my life.

Self-confidence is a thing that comes and goes for me, especially since going full-time. It's really easy to get discouraged on "ugly days", and even when I'm not sick there are definitely times that I just want to curl up in bed with a cat.

I spent all of last week really sick, and I'm still under the weather. With a head full of ugh, and body full of aches, there was literally no chance in hell that I was putting on makeup. There were doctors to see though, and prescriptions to pick up, and errands to run. Despite the fact that I am most definitely not done killing all the dark hairs on my upper lip, I decided to say "screw it" and just get stuff done. So, out the door I went, into some very unforgiving sunlight, and no problems were had. Not a single misgendering, despite my paranoia. I might've caught a few more looks than usual, but honestly I'm not even sure that's true.

So, I'm proud of myself. I've come a long way. It's another thing that I get to let go of (at least a bit), and per usual, I'm clearly my own worst critic.

AllieSF
02-23-2016, 12:49 AM
I never had sinus issues, at least not yet. But my sister and brother have, some pretty bad. Both had the sinus cleaning procedures, which for my brother also had bad post-op complications. Keep strong mentally, as best you can, and get well soon.

Suzanne F
02-23-2016, 02:07 AM
I had a similar experience Sunday. I ran 16 mies that morning, showered and rested. Then I realized I was making dinner and a few friends were coming over. I decided the natural me would just have to do. I went to the store with natural hair and no makeup. Yes I Received a few more stares than usual but I just decided I could not be bothered. My friends came over and we all had a nice dinner. I know that it seems silly but I am getting there. I am me not my looks. Don't get me wrong I want to look as feminine as possible but I can live with where I am!

PretzelGirl
02-23-2016, 06:46 AM
Sometimes I liken it to the ole "jumping in the deep end of the pool". We are tough on judging ourselves and may over compensate to help. But if we push ourselves out of that comfort zone, sometimes we get a surprise. I still almost always have eye make-up on as my "crutch" although I would probably be fine without it. It is how our minds control our behaviors.

Bria
02-23-2016, 10:48 PM
Zooey, I hope that you can dump the sinus infection quickly. I had a round of it a couple of months ago and still have a lot of drainage, I have friends that have had it also and all of us have taken a couple of weeks to get back to fairly normal function. I seems like every time I get it it's harder to get rid of.

Wishing you a swift recovery!

Hugs, Bria

Badtranny
02-23-2016, 11:21 PM
I've had them my whole life. Once had a sinus infection so bad I was taken to the emergency room by a worried friend. Haven't had one in a few years though. Must be that good tranny livin'.

I don't really like to put on makeup but I don't like to go out without eye makeup either, so I had eye liner tattooed on my damn eyes. Yep it hurt like hell.