PDA

View Full Version : Omg, omg, omg

Emma Beth
02-24-2016, 06:23 PM
I just got a phone call from the therapist I had a session with about my issues on Monday at the VA.

She confirmed that what she saw on her computer is in fact still in effect.

What does that mean?

She already put in for my initial Endo Consult to begin HRT, and I am now just waiting on someone from Endocrinology to call me with my appointment to begin HRT.

I also told her that I would still like to speak with another therapist with training in Gender issues anyway.

Holy smokes. Three, almost four years, of struggling and figuring out how to get to someone and talk to them, and now things seem to be moving so fast my head feels like it's spinning.

Cheers.

Heidi Stevens
02-24-2016, 10:19 PM
That's sounds par for the VA system, Emma! So glad that the log jam is broken and things are really moving for you. Having another person verify things is a great idea. I did before I started. Your going to have a great next couple of months ahead!

Marcelle
02-25-2016, 04:23 AM
Hi Emma,

Glad to hear you are finally going to get moving forward.

Cheers

Marcelle

Emma Beth
02-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Well now, then there yet.

Just got another call from the Therapist I spoke with Monday.

You gotta love the system, apparently the Endo Department had gotten a different directive from everyone else. They are requiring an evaluation first.

So, I will be having a two hour session with someone qualified to do so before I will be seen by them. However, this will be the same evaluation that the VA requires for the surgeries also. That means then when and only if I feel that I need those steps, I will have that step cleared ahead of time.

To be honest, I should have expected this was coming because I saw the kind of interdepartmental communications between the different departments when it came to my Dad. He had his Primary Care Dr. saying that he was dealing with the after effects of radiation therapy and chemo with his lung cancer, which was what he really was dealing with on top of his other health issues. Another Dr. was trying to tell him that he had stage three cancer, and yet another one saying that he was cancer free. He also had two or three other Doctors all saying something different about his condition.

Anyhow, I'm not feeling upset about this simply because I understand the situation and it still won't take as long as it normally would under normal circumstances.