PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you teaching a GG to walk in heels?

Brandie.n
02-25-2016, 12:08 AM
So my best female friends is getting married and im being the best man in it.I got a call a few hours ago they was needing me to teach the bride how to walk in heels according to them i can walk better in heels than them.
Have any of you had to teach some GG how to walk in high heels??

kittie60
02-25-2016, 06:47 AM
Yes, years ago my wife admired how I could walk in my 4 and 5 inch heels. She never wore anything over 2 and a half inches so I taught her on a pair of 3" heels. She did great after awhile and now loves them. I thought it was funny me teaching her.

deebra
02-25-2016, 08:02 AM
This isn't exactly an answer to your question but it has to do with walking in heels. Yesterday I went shopping in a department store and wore my three inch spiked heel shooties that I hadn't worn in a while. Last time out I did great in them. It's been four weeks since I had worn them, my calves were killing me and had to cut the trip short, couldn't wait to get back to the car and take them off. I had brought some boots with a much larger three inch heel, put them on and walked very comfortably for the rest of the day. Lesson Learned. If you don't keep walking in them to keep the muscles in shape they will definitely let you know it!

Brandie.n
02-25-2016, 08:08 AM
agreed i told the bride to be to pratice walking in them and show her some calf exercise

BLUE ORCHID
02-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Hi Brandie:hugs:, Ihat is wonderful that you were asked to teach a GG how to walk in Heels. ~~...:daydreaming:...

Laura.Taylor
02-25-2016, 09:15 AM
I've never taught anyone else to walk in heels, but I find I walk in them better than most women I know. Weird thing is I do better in 5 and 6 inch heels than I do in 3 or 4 inch. go figure, not that I'm complaining :D

I Am Paula
02-25-2016, 09:17 AM
I can't even remember how many women I've taught to walk in heels. Dozens, usually the day before their wedding, or prom.

Lexi Moralas
02-25-2016, 10:19 AM
I have never been asked to teach some one , I do walk better in heels than most woman I know as well. Maybe it's all the videos , articles and time I spent on practicing on the treadmill when I learning.
Actually a lot of woman I see out in the world don't walk well in heels , it drives me crazy lol

NicoleScott
02-25-2016, 11:40 AM
Some women don't like heels and never wear them. That's OK, their choice. Why such a woman would want to wear heels for the first time on her wedding day seems strange to me. Especially if she will be wearing a long bridal gown. Weddings always have unknown variables. Why introduce another one?

Beverley Sims
02-25-2016, 11:42 AM
I used to hold classes in poise and deportment when I was younger, it came about as I could look elegant as a woman dressed for a race carnival etc.

In fact it was started for a spring racing carnival as a joke.

A guy in a dress showing chicks how to attract a guy. :-)

Tina81
02-25-2016, 11:46 AM
were you in drab or en femme? I've worn my 3" inch shooties in women's jeans and everything else in guy mode...no one seemed to notice or care.

Rhandi Spencer
02-25-2016, 11:58 AM
What a the calf exercises?

Randi Sue

Amanda M
02-25-2016, 01:27 PM
I love this thread - it curls me up! I've never been asked, but if I was, the poor ladies would end up falling down the bar steps......just like me! Well done.

Marcie Rose
02-25-2016, 02:16 PM
I taught my teenage daughters to walk in heels and I still walk better in 4 or 5 inch heels than they do.

pamela7
02-25-2016, 02:31 PM
no, i have taken to heels naturally, but stairs, heels and long dresses are an interesting combination ...

Jodi
02-25-2016, 02:36 PM
I love this "attitude" on here that many have--"I walk better in heels than most women". Unless you have viewed yourself on video over a period of time, you may not be quite as good as what you think.

jodi

Lorileah
02-25-2016, 02:38 PM
seems we have two discussions here. Reminder: The OP asked if YOU taught a GG...we really don't care if you can walk in them

GenieGirl
02-25-2016, 07:24 PM
Not me. I walk in heels better than most if not all of my female friends. Most of them are like a baby deer trying to walk in them haha. That is their exact description not mine!

karen inside
02-25-2016, 07:30 PM
Geniegirl, unrelated comment- your pic could pass for my daughter!!! No joke! crazy.

Tonya Rose
02-25-2016, 07:41 PM
No I have never been asked for lessons from a GG on how to walk in heels but have amased a few how much better i am than them at this!!! They will prolly be back for advice one day! LOL!!!

suzanne
02-25-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm not making any claim that I walk better in heels than anyone else. BUT I do get "How do you manage to walk in those shoes? I sure can't" from some women.

summerbunny
02-25-2016, 09:29 PM
I never had to but in the top modeling industry mostly transgenders teach GG's how to walk in high heels.
There is a boutique near melrose ave,near beverly hills calf. That is famous for that.

Tracey teaches that runway walking,
,makeup skin care and more.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/12/tracey-africa-transgender-model-c-v-r.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Brandie.n
02-26-2016, 08:17 AM
What a the calf exercises?

Randi Sue

Put the feet together grab the back of a chair slowly rise up to thee tips of the toes then slowly go back down.
doing that 5x then 10x a day it will build up the calves to handle heels

Krisi
02-26-2016, 08:47 AM
I have never been asked to teach a woman how to walk in heels. That is something I would expect them to learn from their mothers or friends.