PDA

View Full Version : So now my parents know :/

xNicolex
02-26-2016, 03:38 AM
So I told my mum last week about my crossdressing and then she told my dad :eek: they seem fine with it although I am slightly regretting letting them know as they are the overly concerned type of parents that state their concerns about a situation and never stop talking about it until a new situation arises :brolleyes: This is very annoying as you can imagine, the concern seems to be weather or not I choose to parade around the local town as Nicole which I don't intend to do, but they seemed worried about that. The reason of course why they are worried is because I have a son and they worry that if it was commonly known that I crossdress then school may become hard for him when he starts. But even though I am acutely aware of this and have stated several times that my son has no knowledge of it nor do I intend to make him, or anyone else aware of it, his grandparents will still harp on about it :doh: To see just how cool they where with it I introduced myself as Nicole lastnight. Only mum was home which I knew in advance and I think was a good thing as I'm not ready to face dad just yet. She was I think in shock at first as I arrived unannounced and she had not seen me like that before but all was fine I think :o Anyway that's been my experience so far.

CarlaWestin
02-26-2016, 03:54 AM
Well, you've jumped out of the plane. Let's see if the parachute works. I've never heard a coming out story where someone has been able to predict the outcome. Nicole, it's wonderful that you accept your true self without any doubt or confusion, at such a young age. You have such a wonderful life ahead of you without the deception of hiding a secret other life. Guaranteed, it won't be a bed of roses. But, seriously. Nothing in life is. Good luck.

Beverley Sims
02-26-2016, 04:14 AM
All the best for the future, you seem to have made a good start, don't push the envelope too quickly and I am sure you will be a success.

trisha kobichenko
02-26-2016, 04:23 AM
out is a better place to be...I was in the closet most of my life, and my parents both passed before I came to grips with my true identity. After I did, I came out to my wife, which has relieved a great deal of tension in my life. Like Carla recommends, roll with it and see what happens.
Trish

Marcelle
02-26-2016, 06:14 AM
Hi Nicole,

Well the cat is out of the bag sort to speak and hopefully it will bring you some inner peace. As with folks here who come out to their SOs, my recommendation for you and your parents . . . keep communicating as you move forward. :)

Cheers

Marcelle

mechamoose
02-26-2016, 06:19 AM
If you tell Dad, he will tell Mom. If you tell Mom, she will tell Dad.

At least if they are in love and trust each other... those damn parents, they share EVERYTHING. <3

(They used to be like US, you know)

I'm happy to hear that the world hasn't exploded :)

- MM

Pat
02-26-2016, 09:34 AM
For some reason I just find myself delighted at that you Nicole-bombed your Mom unannounced. :lol2: Good luck with Dad.

Brooke B
02-26-2016, 01:29 PM
I applaud your courage girl. I hope to break the peace with my mom one day.

Eva Skarlatova
02-26-2016, 04:37 PM
"they are the overly concerned type of parents that state their concerns about a situation and never stop talking about it until a new situation arises"" - then just create them a new situation ;)

jemima_bates
02-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Well Nicole,

Sounds pretty promising so far.

The important questions: did your mum recognise you? And what did you wear?!

Jemima x

Anne K
02-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the post, Nicole! It prompted me to imagine arriving at my mother's home unannounced as Joyce. I think she would just stammer about and not utter a coherent sentence for a while. I'm positive her husband will go bonkers, though I'm not sure she would tell him. The interesting person would be my sister. Growing up in the middle of three sons (I am the oldest), I think she would really dig the idea of finally having a sister. Unfortunately, she is a bit of a drama queen and would probably spill the beans "confidentially" to everybody. Hmmm...might be fun!

mechamoose
02-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Just a note here.Parents are just like us. They fell in love, had cubs, and had to figure out how that worked.

Many of us have parents who were in their teens in the 40's and 50's. Heck, I'm WHY my parents got married. My 18 year old horndog dad got my 16 year old mom pregnant in spring of 1964. (Her first time, from what I'm told.) TA DA, here I am. My grandapa didn't trust him because he wore jeans and a sweat-shirt, but from what he told me, it was the best he had. He thouhgt enough to wear that. He didn't come courting like what was expected of a Southern Gentleman. (My Grandpa's yardstick) Three sisters, he nailed the youngest one.

Mom? ****ty? No, she LIKED him. He was cool & interesting. I have photos from then. My dad was a DUDE, my mom was super pretty. When I came along, they both freaked. Just like us, excited and scared.

Don't write off your parents. They are just older versions of ourselves. They have had to figure this out and may have succeeded or failed. They still love you like nothing else in the world.

<3

- MM

~Katelyn~
02-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Nicole glad to hear you told your mom but by now your dad knows. I hope goods things come your way. I agree your son doesn't need to know right now. Good luck girl!

S. Lisa Smith
02-26-2016, 06:00 PM
We all wish you the best!! I also think it's kind of cool that you just dropped in on Mom as Nichole. You are very beautiful and I am sure she didn't expect that. I hope everything works out well!!

xNicolex
02-27-2016, 08:14 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes girls :)

Abbey11
02-27-2016, 08:25 AM
Great 'outing' and thanks for sharing. I love the comment from Jennie 'Nicole-bombed you mom unannounced' lol :lol2:
I hope all goes well for you Nicole x