PDA

View Full Version : I did it. 18 months transition, 17mo HRT. You CAN do this too

MonicaJean
02-26-2016, 08:15 AM
This is the most difficult thing I have ever attempted, but anyone can do this with only one quality: persistence. Don't give up, don't give in. It's like running through a corridor of fire for nearly a year without a break, then suddenly there's some light, some rest...it does get better. After you're "done" with the first few phases, you're not really done, but you can feel an inner peace that has never been present that replaces the marathon of running through a fiery corridor.

I'm 45, took me a long time to figure things out that I was indeed trans (I'm a sloooowwwww learner lol). But that's ok, better late than never.

This is my vid, finally, for transitioning. Thank you for watching.

(sorry, can't figure out how to embed it properly with the nice picture so here's the link, I tried)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_RGCUcCxw

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_RGCUcCxw)

DeeArel
02-26-2016, 08:40 AM
You have bloomed into a stunningly gorgeous lady.

What part of TN are you from?

Stephanie Sometimes
02-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Beautifully done video Monica of your life story, thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Stephanie

karenpayneoregon
02-26-2016, 08:47 AM
It's always good to see stories such as this as yours I am sure inspiring to those on a similar journey.

Your smile speaks volumes from where it was till now, it shows freedom and happiness.

Nice Pandora bracelet and love the poison tee shirt.

In regards to slow at 45, I was much slower, did not start transitioning until 58 and completed GRS at 59.

Marcelle
02-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Hi Monica,

What a great timeline and a testament to your struggle to come through to the light at the end of the tunnel. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Marcelle

AllieSF
02-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Wonderful documentation of starting your new life. Congratulations and thank you very much for sharing.

MonicaJean
02-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Thank you all! There's so many more photos I wanted to put in this vid, amazing how short 8 minutes to the creator of the video and how long 8 minutes can be to the viewer of the video!

Jennifer-GWN
02-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Very nice job Monica. Congrats to you and being free.

Cheers... Jennifer

chelyann
02-26-2016, 10:05 PM
the video is great, glad you found your true self

Eringirl
02-27-2016, 06:10 PM
Hi Monica:

Well done girl!! amazing. You look so happy and beautiful in the end shots. I love the "survived testosterone poisoning" T shirt!! That is perfect. I wish you continued success on your journey....and keep smiling! It suits you....

Erin

Jamie Christopher
02-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Bless you Monica, so happy for you!

Jamie

Christie ann
02-27-2016, 08:53 PM
Monica,

Thank you. Brought a tear...a tear of joy for you.

Suzanne F
02-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Happy for you!

Robin414
02-28-2016, 12:40 AM
Wow Monica, I absolutely loved the video! You are truly an inspiration for us 'tweens', you're a beautiful woman!

DMichele
02-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Monica,
You are a very beautiful and special person. Thanks for sharing your story in video.
It was interesting to see a 'flame' of happiness start out and grow through out your journey. May that flame continue to grow and light up your world.

rebecca_ns
03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Monica. Congratulations on finally being you. You give me inspiration that it may not be too late for me. High five girl. Way to go.

Alison Bellis
03-07-2016, 05:07 AM
Wow! You look lovely and soo happy. Good on you girl1

Alison X

pamela7
03-07-2016, 08:26 AM
congratulations Monica. Your story is inspiring, and resonates to so many things in my life, like the drinking to unconsciousness; since i got that "knowing" that i'm female inside my need to drink has literally gone.

karen inside
03-12-2016, 02:27 PM
thank you MonicaJean for posting the video...had to keep pausing it because of the tears in my eyes. Like you, I knew something wasn't right in my life at an early age but i always over compensated to protect what everyone saw and the person they knew on the surface. I have done many "journeys" in life here in the US and Europe but this Journey I have been considering for the past year is becoming a priority...not a difficult personal decision but socially difficult. thank you for the emotional support by watching your video and the inspiration.
best regards, karen inside

MonicaJean
03-19-2016, 10:16 AM
Thank you all for your kind and touching words.

I must admit that there are times I wonder why I'm doing this and just want to give up. After all, transition has some very VERY rough parts that don't have immediate solutions...or solutions at all...mainly relationships that go sour.

Oddly, honesty is often rewarded with distance and disdain. Very weird but it just 'is'. :(

Keep pushing through, don't let up, the pain will subside and the sun will shine. Don't give up, don't give in.

Mykaa
03-19-2016, 07:46 PM
Very Beautiful Monica, I know Ive learned recently we all have our own path, Thanks for sharing your story.

SuzanneS
03-20-2016, 10:28 PM
Awesome story and video, Monica! Love it, I absolutely love it! The courage you have amazes me....

Suzanne.