PDA

View Full Version : Oh, that's our crossdresser.

CarlaWestin
02-27-2016, 12:06 PM
We all want to dress up and go out every day. And this is just the natural thing we do, emulating femininity in daily life. So, what are your feelings about being accepted as "the crossdresser" in the places that you familiarize? And it's not the heavy duty stuff, just like starbucks or the grocery store. You get it, SA's that say, "You're looking nice today, Fred." and you say, "Yeah, I try!" It's about everyday acceptance as a CD as opposed to being seen as a woman.

Comments!

Pile them up.

Sarah Louise
02-27-2016, 12:55 PM
I wonder whether this progresses over time. When I started dressing again after a 20+ year break, I was happy to just to dress in the privacy of my home. Then I wanted to have a makeover/dressing session to see what I was capable of achieving. Then I wanted to post photos on this website to get comments and feedback from others.

Recently, I've been wanting to go out en femme. Initially, I'm thinking I'll just go for a walk somewhere quiet, but what I really want to do is go shopping. Just somewhere fairly quiet. If I do this and this goes well, no doubt, I'll want to visit a coffee shop and sit amongst the muggles. In saying this, I feel that need to more-or-less pass. Not passing could stop this progression in its tracks. But if I do this and don't lose confidence, who knows where this will end?

Scarlett Viktoria
02-27-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure that would bother me. We aren't seen out enough to be commonplace so we can become a novelty to some. It's ok. We're in the infancy of a more progressive generation and it will just take time. Better to be "the crossdresser" than "the wierdo perv". We're all still learning how to address eachother and it has become more complicated and there are so many people who are still unsure what terms to use. They may be accepting but just still don't understand what to call us. My dad used "transvestite" recently. Not in a deragatory way, he just wasn't sure what to call a famous drag queen he saw once. I'm not entirely sure I answered the question, or if I made sense, lol.

Alice Torn
02-27-2016, 01:12 PM
I do not go out very often, for sure, but, last year went out 7 times. I plan on going again to a weekly evening outdoor city band concert starting in june. i went last year in drab and twice in drag. Mostly older crowd there, and i sensed that one man was affected by me, uncomfortable. As i keep going there, i may well be known as the transvestite! i also walked around the university pond number of times, near there. Not one person talked to me. Maybe there, too, I will be known as the very tall transvestite.

Chelsea B
02-27-2016, 01:29 PM
I wonder whether this progresses over time. When I started dressing again after a 20+ year break, I was happy to just to dress in the privacy of my home, Then I wanted to have a makeover/dressing session to see what I was capable of achieving. Then I wanted to post photos on this website to get comments and feedback from others.

Recently, I've been wanting to go out en femme. Initially, I'm thinking I'll just go for a walk somewhere quiet, but what I really want to do is go shopping. Just somewhere fairly quiet. If I do this and this goes well, no doubt, I'll want to visit a coffee shop and sit amongst the muggles. In saying this, I feel that need to more-or-less pass. Not passing could stop this progression in its tracks. But if I do this and don't lose confidence, who knows where this will end?

From what I can see, you'll have no trouble passing:)

I think I am headed in the same direction, but since I haven't shaved just yet, I have no idea what I will look like. I am looking forward to a trip to Vegas in April for a makeover and then we'll see.
I don't think I want to be 'that cross dresser', no matter how kindly it's intended.
But yet, my growing desire to go out and mingle may override that.

Christie ann
02-27-2016, 01:33 PM
I would much rather be seen as a woman but I am also honest enough to say that won't happen unless the emergency lights go out also. So, being the cross dresser doesn't bother me. But, it would bother my wife hugely.

Kellitgdet
02-27-2016, 02:05 PM
I don't want to be known as the ..., I prefer to go to places that accept me, welcome me and I'm able to talk with them. TG friendly shops or clubs. Just looking to feel pretty and be accepted, not tolerated.

Teresa
02-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Carla,
The circle of people that know me as a Cder is getting larger, they may not see me dressed but many have seen my pictures. Obviously now that I'm out to a social group many other Cders have seen me dressed along with the hotel staff. My seamstress friend has seen me because I needed to try things for her to do the alterations. Then I have placed myself in one of my paintings so goodness knows how many people saw me when the painting was being exhibited !

Yes I do think your assumption is correct it's being accepted as a Cder who may or may not look like a woman but I don't think they give it a thought that I am one

Stephanie47
02-27-2016, 05:14 PM
I really do not know how a person seeing me en femme would differentiate me as (1) emulating a woman/appearing as a woman, and, (2) wearing the clothing women customarily wear. The only different I see if whether a MtF cross dresser dons falsies. A guy could pass off the makeup as being some sort of crazy new style. I don't have much hair, so without a wig there would be a semi bald guy wearing women's clothing, especially if I choose not to shave my face. If I had my own hair like I had in the 1960's and let it grow out, then I could say it was again personal style. As a teenager or young adult with my slim physique and natural hair and smooth baby soft skin, I would have easily passed as a young woman. And, if I learned American Sign Language I'd would have really had it made. No need to modify a voice. But...the boobs? What's with that?

Allisa
02-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Well I do have a "cute" title given to me a little while ago "area transvestite", but when they see me my name is never used as a rule ,but all others call me by my name associated with my mode of dress. Mostly I get sweetie or hun with some sort of nice comment on my clothes or nails etc... but nothing in male mode, just hi with a smile, go figure, I guess I'm easier to get along with as a female. As long as I'm accepted I'm happy, if for some reason I'm thought of as a women I'll take it. If I wasn't "the crossdresser" why would they remember my names? I guess one reason I frequent those establishments, kind of like being home. The gas station attendant is disappointed when I'm in male mode, no cleavage in the window, hello I'm up here. Sorry got off track there. I kind of look at my CDing title as a badge of honor not shame, but then again I'm the weirdo who lives down the street.

Jenniferathome
02-27-2016, 09:13 PM
I think that's reality.

Best case is that I am thought of as trans. No one is thinking that I am a woman.

Tracii G
02-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Once you get to the point that others see you as trans or the local CDer and its no big deal its all good.
My neighbors all know and the cashiers at the grocery know and treat me fine so there is no problem.
Being one of the local trannies isn't the worst thing in the world and it can be fun if you will let it be fun.
In my case I try to look feminine as best I can so the odd passer by may not be able to tell I am male.
I am not trying to fool anyone or myself for that matter I just go out and have fun as I do whatever it is I do that day.

Dana44
02-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Actually I pass pretty well. The places that we frequent likely knows me as a woman. But one tome I was dressed a bit androgynous and had to go to the bathroom. Went down the hall at a theater and a cop was there. asked him where the restroom as and he pointed done the other hall. I think he knew I was a male. But was nice to me and told me she is waiting for me down the hall after i was done. LOL I told her and she said that I looked a bit male that night. So, only our neighbors would call me the crossdresser as some may have seen me.