PDA

View Full Version : Passing as Female

Roxane
02-19-2006, 02:35 AM
What make people believe you’re a Girl – Woman? Over the last few months my desire to dress has become much stronger more of a need. As with many of us I have times when being a part time girl is not as necessary and Roxane is hidden under my male side.

I have been looking at the female thing in a new way. Watching GG’s when they are shopping or just doing normal things. I have noticed that it takes all sorts, tall, short, thin, fat, sexy, ugly, beautiful, plain. So what is it that makes them any different to a man dressed as a woman? Is it there Breast? Clothes? Hair? Voice?

I don’t think its any one of the things above, when I wear my breasts I love them but they alone don’t make me a girl. For me as a crossdressers I want the whole package and to be able to pass, sometimes I pass and sometime who knows but I am very happy to be able to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Hey but here it is, its all about Attitude and Confidence. If you have these to things you have it.

This is my first real post and I don’t know if this makes any sense to anyone other than me at all!!
Its just something I wanted to say and this is only my personal view.

xxx

GypsyKaren
02-19-2006, 02:57 AM
It's all attitude and confidence. There's only so much you can do with a wig and make-up, you gotta act like you belong. That being said...

I really don't care or worry about "passing", it's not what I'm about or after. I go out to be myself, all I ask is to be looked at as a person, nothing more, nothing less. I am courteous and polite to everybody, and I expect the same in return. I have never had any problems with anyone, so I must be doing something right, haven't been chased out of the ladies room yet.

One more thing about "passing". There are those of us who really can pull it off every time, and to them I say go in peace, and yes I'm jealous. For the rest of us, myself included, expect to be read, because it's gonna happen a lot more than you think. People aren't blind or stupid, but they can be awful polite if you let them. Just because the girl at Walgreens calls you maam doesn't mean a thing, so just say thank-you and go about your business. Don't worry about passing so much, passing is for fast cars, not people.

Karen

Roxane
02-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Hi Karen

I know that it’s not all about passing; I know that I don’t pass most of the time. That’s not what I meant. I have no problem being read and don’t care what people think.

It’s just taken me longer to realise that the attitude, confidence I have as man is different to Roxanne’s. (I guess I am slow)
I always treat people with respect as I would like to be treated. I have never had any trouble when dressed. I enjoy both the skins I live in.

Thanks

See I told you only makes sense to me

rhonda jane
02-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Yes, attitude and confidence are very important. However, there are little touches which can contribute to passing. One touch I've noticed is to swing the unoccupied (no purse or bag) arm with some enthusiasm. For instance, if your right arm is unemcumbered, swing it forward as you step with your left foot. As an observer, I've noticed that GG's put much more swing into that arm than men. It adds to the image when you're walking. Just don't overdo or exaggerate your walk.

Charlene Marie
02-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Roxane, Gypsy hit one important aspect right on and thats too be courteous and polite to everyone, it goes a long way. Im out at least 3days a week and a couple times a month at night, and I have had no terrible encounters yet.It isnt all about passing, its about being treated nicely.Naturally you want to look the best you can and the only way to achieve that is with practise. If you go somewhere and notice that several people are suddenly stoping and staring at you, then you know theres something about your look that needs work. Believe me I know, I've made many mistakes in my early years and prpbably still do now from time to time. remember you want to blend in not stand out. And you must study your character everything about her just like you are going to perform her very essence in a play.

S. Lisa Smith
02-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Charlene Marie is right. Go out-smile, head up, boobs out. Be nice and try to be calm. (Easier said than done the first 20 times!:angel: ) Go far from home to someplace safe and get some experence. You will never see these people again. As I've said before, if you feel ugly and think you are unfeminine and don't pass, go to the grocery at Walmart and look at the GGs. If that doesn't make you feel better, nothing will.:rolleyes:

Nikki Dee
02-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Yep.!...attitude and particularly confidence are crucial...you gotta believe.!..if you don't believe..then how are others gonna believe.?. Obviously the total package is important...but carrying it off with confidence...and yes, that does mean smiling at people...is the key I think. I just don't look anymore to see if I'm passing or not...if I don't "see" any adverse reactions then they can't bother me can they.?
Nikki. x

Deidra Cowen
02-19-2006, 08:47 AM
I used to worry about passing. But finally reality set in and I realized its not going to happen. But I still go out in public, but I try to dress well and carry myself like a female would. I seem to get good reactions from almost everyone.

Almost everyweekend I go dressed to the liquor store in my neighborhood. Usually three guys are behind the counter and they beyond any shadow of doubt know that my friends and I are Tgirls. But they are friendly and always say things like how are you ladies doing.

I will say that I do see some Tgirl that pass. They are on hormones, more often than not don't use a wig and usually have dieted themselves down to a very slim figure. But thats not for me right now. Well...giggle...I am trying to stay on the diet.

michelleliz
02-19-2006, 09:03 AM
I think you said it perfactely. When I am dressed with the thought running through my head that I am Michelle, I feal like I am really Michelle. When you are who you think you are. other people will accept you as you.

If you act like something is not right every one will know you are not who you appear to be . Then they will toak a closer look. Guess what ? They will know

Michelleliz

TGMarla
02-19-2006, 09:20 AM
I may be out of line here, as I don't ever go out anywhere, but the one thing that women have over us part-timers, is that they are women. They go out and do things as women every day. They have no choice. They don't hide in a room somewhere because they might get read. They don't stay indoors because they aren't pretty. Even large, or ugly, or skinny, or masculine looking women (or whatever) have been such all their lives. It's who and what they are. Whether or not they think about these facts about themselves is irrelevant. When they need a gallon of milk, or a new bra, they just go and buy one. No one says to themselves, "Geez, what's that person doing there? She's (fill in the blank)!" We think nothing of it, because it's normal to us, and it's normal to them. We, as men who are posing as women, need to take the same attitude into whatever situations we encounter. If it's normal to us, it will seem normal to those we encounter when we mingle with the public. And even if we are read, much of the time it may well be as a masculine woman, and not as a guy all dressed up as one.

Rachel Morley
02-19-2006, 02:06 PM
It's all attitude and confidence.........Just because the girl at Walgreens calls you maam doesn't mean a thing, so just say thank-you and go about your business.
It's been said before that passing is like "the quest for the holy grail of crossdressing" Is it a myth? is it real? Whatever it is....it's dififficult to define and hard to achieve. For myself, my definition of passing is if I can go out to busy public places in daytime and not get any trouble. If people look at me a little bit strange (which actually rarely happens) then that's ok. Luckily, I've never been "sir-ed" yet only "mamm-ed" but when that day comes I'll ignore it and continue on about my business.

I'm pretty sure some people know I'm not a woman, but as long as they treat me like one anyway - I'm happy :)

HaleyPink2000
02-19-2006, 03:06 PM
I try to pass in every way I can when I dress. Female impersonation is my goal I guess. I actually get Ma'am when in male mode. So my voice is some place inbetween and always has been. I am lucky in some ways that I can even wear a gender bending hat and a T shirt and jeans, I get ma'am from cashiers. Now when I try to dress I do ok! I try hard to look the best I can and be as personable as possible to people. Actually I only try to be me. Maybe this is my answer to passing. I've never had anyone tell me anything bad or have I ever gotten bad looks. My cancer surgery took any evidence of an adams apple away 23 years ago.

My only bad experience was from my own Wife asking me what I was going to say to a Guy that flirts with me. She was quite serious. She said " would you go back to his room"? I said " NO"! She said I kinda understand the lingerie but not the complete dressing thing. Also She said that She did not understand me or any Crossdresser leaving home dressed.

But! If I don't pass thats ok. Just that people treat me well is what I am after.

Haley:)

Sierra Evon
02-19-2006, 03:46 PM
double ditto' on the other post's, a projection of attitude & confidence
is very key, people dont alway's say to me miss, even when I'm dressed
up , but most girls & women treat me as such, just by my demeaner,
i.e, my attitude , most week days m-f, I wear womens pants blk,blue
casual cords, and womens brand shirts that look unisex, but there
actually not, ( alot of Liz Claiboune, is my favorite.), anyway, I may
be a male biologicaly, but I radiate femmininity to the max , I guess
it just comes natually for me I dont even have to be aware of it , its
just always on , like having high speed DSL, instead of a 56k modem.
LOL..........ATTITUDE..................;) Sierra.............see-ya:rolleyes:

Julie York
02-19-2006, 03:59 PM
As I've said before, if you feel ugly and think you are unfeminine and don't pass, go to the grocery at Walmart and look at the GGs. If that doesn't make you feel better, nothing will.:rolleyes:

Dear Madam,
As the legal representative of U.W.G. I must protest in the strongest terms at your assumption that it is a requirement of Walmart female employees to be unattractive. This is not the case and there are currently three female employees registered as "Not that ugly" in the official employee files. I would therefore suggest that you keep these assumptions to yourself.

Sincerely.
Dame York. HGC TFG ABC BA.Hons.

(Ugly Walmart Girls):D

Denise01
02-19-2006, 04:08 PM
For the longest time i really did not think I would pass, until last fall I was on vacation and met a couple of TS girls i know and the wife of one of them

Both the girls and her wife said I pass very well. We went shopping, and the one girl who now lives F/T was watching the reaction of the people around us, and she never saw any second glance from any one the we were other than 2 girls out shopping, and 3 girls out shopping the day I went with the one girl and her wife.

It was during this vacation, I got the courage to go out shopping fully femme including wearing a skirt for the first time. My experience was great and did not have a second look from any one that I noticed. For my first time out i was About 800 miles from home so did not have to worry about bumping into any one i Know, as a matter of fact it was in Chesapeake Virginia.

The big thing I found is to be courteous to the people you are around in the store, have confidence, a good attitude, and just carry on like it is the thing that you do every day. I have been shopping femme wearing both skirts and slacks, depending on the time of the year. One other thing I found is to dress as the other girls are. This time of the year where I am is very cold, 99% of the girls wear slacks, so I do the same to blend in.

I have found showing confidence the proper attitude, and shopping as you are supposed to be there is most important. If I have been read, it sure has not been shown by the sales girls in the stores, as most of them are on commission, and they are there to sell

Denise

Roxane
02-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi all

I just want to say thanks for all your comments

x

S. Lisa Smith
02-19-2006, 04:31 PM
It was during this vacation, I got the courage to go out shopping fully femme including wearing a skirt for the first time. My experience was great and did not have a second look from any one that I noticed. For my first time out i was About 800 miles from home so did not have to worry about bumping into any one i Know, as a matter of fact it was in Chesapeake Virginia.
Denise

I had to laugh since I am from that part of Virginia. I have never gone out in Chesapeake because it is too close to home. We welcome you Canadians and hope you spend lots of money.:clap: And, if it is for girly clothes, we double thank you because it will allow you to out reach and help the local CD's! :thumbsup: Hope you went to Greenbrier Mall!

P.S. Dear Dame York. HGC TFG ABC BA.Hons.,
Please accept my humblest apologies. :redface: I did not mean to impune the beauty of Walmart employees. I realize that there are many attractive Walmart employees (as you state, a minimum of three) and that it is not a requirement for any of them to be ugly. To be perfectly honest, I believe you to be one of those three (I am assuming thast you are employed by Walmart in their Legal Department.) I was, in fact, referring to the women customers, whom you will have to admit can be pretty manly. Again, please accept my apologies and my best wishes for a Happy New Year,
With kindest personal regards,
I am very truly yours,

S. Lisa Smith
(J.A T.F.Va.)
{Just a Trannie From Virginia}

Melanie R
02-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Passing in public is dressing appropriately for the time and place and walking with your head up, and a smile on your face. Sometimes it helps if you are with a genetic female when you are out in public. I have been out in public for over 25 years and have never had a problem. Do I always pass? I doubt it. One time recently I was standing with my wife in a line for the 4 stalls in the women's restroom at a theatre. A woman in front of me with her teenage daughter turned to me and said "do you ever wish you were a man so you would not have to stand in line?" No, I did not admit I was a" man in a dress". What I did say was there are no men going into the men's room. Lets go crash the men's room. I will watch the door and you can do the same for me". This was an experience I will never forget!

Melanie

Kathleengurl
02-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Drove to Morgantown WV today (from VaBeach) and stoped at a MD's for a potty break.. Just as i was approaching the outside door.. a woman exited and i could feel her eyes on me.. My wife said she did a double take and smiled.. so.. i got clocked good.. I was the only one in the bathroom at first then the count shot up to 4 women and me.. ---gawd what an ackward exit.

-k-

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 01:09 AM
I agree with the advice that has been given here to just be confident and go about your business. This weekend I was "really out" in public. I met many people face-to-face and even shoulder to shoulder on a packed elevator. No one noticed or if they did, cared. Clerks at stores were friendly and people in general met my smile with a smile of their own. The advice to dress appropriately is excellent. Blend in with the crowd.

Victoria