PDA

View Full Version : Breast Form Attachment

mskilmer
02-19-2006, 08:38 AM
How do you all attach your breast forms? I tried the carpet tape thing, but while the tape is very sticky, it tends to come loose. It even came off the back of my forms. If I wear a fairly tight shaper I'mm usually OK ... but I'd love to hear some of your experiences. I know there are spray adhesives, but I've heard they can be a pain to deal with.

DanaJ
02-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Have you tried a dedicated breast form adhesive?

TracyDeluxe
02-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Back when I use to wear silicone forms, I never did attatch them, always used a well fitting bra. Seemed to me that they had to be all covered by something anyway (or the top "join line" would show), so why bother?

Maybe that's just me, though?

Wenda
02-19-2006, 11:55 AM
something[/I] anyway (or the top "join line" would show), so why bother?

Maybe that's just me, though?
Tracy has a good point. I usually attach mine. I did use one can of Osto-bond, a latex type adhesive made for breast forms. I found it very difficult to clean off, however, and a couple of times it gave me a chemical burn. I have had good results with 3M super 77 spray adhesive. I used a different variety, and sometimes it created a slight burn, however, I had started out spraying both my chest and the forms. I found that I just need to spray the backs and then let them DRY for at least 5 minutes they stick well and I never have any burning. I often wear them to bed, maybe a bit weird, but I like to wake up with breasts. I usually only clean them every second or third use. Sometimes there is enough adhesion to wear them a second time without respraying. I clean them by putting a few tablespoons of turpentine or paint thinner on a plate, and just let the forms soak for a quarter or half hour, then wipe with disposable shop towel" Paper towel works, but can shred a bit. There was a thread that I started before Christmas re adhesive, and a couple of the girls shared some very detailed tips on their technique to minize the join line that Tracy mentioned. Enjoy, ;) ;) ;)

kristytv
02-19-2006, 06:22 PM
thats a new use i have never heard of for super77

mskilmer
02-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the tips. I normally just go with no adhesive, and it works pretty well, but sometimes I feel like there may be some unwanted shifting taking place. I'll look into the Super 77 ... the turpentine doesn't damage the form, huh? I don't think it's weird at all to want to wear them to bed, BTW. Thanks again everybody!

BeckyAnderson
02-19-2006, 08:39 PM
What I have found to be the best method, at least for me, is using medical grade doublesided tape. They are clean and easy to apply. The tape holds the forms on securely (even while swimming or jogging), comes off easily leaving no residue and works well on sensitive skin. If your forms are not designed to be attached you must be very careful when removing the tape from the form. These tapes are especially made to attach silicone breast forms and can be purchased here:

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/breastforms-adhesives.aspx

Hope this helps ya!

Hugs,
Becky

Denise01
02-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I just use a well fitting bra. They fit very well feel good and look great, giving me the size i want.

I did try the double sided tape i got from the place where i purchased mine, did not work that well, but then that was before i was totally shaved.

Denise

Wenda
02-20-2006, 01:23 AM
[QUOTE=mskilmer] ... the turpentine doesn't damage the form, huh? I don't think it's weird at all to want to wear them to bed, BTW.
No, actually if you have no sense of smell, turpentine is fairly benign. It is a bit oily, but not an agressive solvent.
Not weird, cool, thanks, I will be going to bed soon. :bs: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Genifer Teal
02-20-2006, 12:51 PM
DO NOT USE AN INDUSTRIAL ADHESIVE!!! Please save yourself the trouble and irritation and damage it may cause to your forms. USE A MEDICAL ADHESIVE made for this purpopse. T

he number one product most gals use is made by Hollister and the product number is 7730. It is called a "medical adhesive". It is used primarily for ostomy attachment. Any local pharmacy can get it in a day or you can find it on the net. It costs about $30 for a small can about the size of a Red Bull. They also have a remover, but I have never tried it. I use Goo Gone, which works well for me.

One tip is that I often use the forms several times before cleaning off the old glue. They stick better that way. You only need a little glue. The trick is to learn how much to let the glue dry before applying them. Do not apply them wet, but also not dry. They should be tacky but not slimey. Wear a bra at first until they warm a bit. Then they should be good to go.

Have fun!

Genifer

trannie T
02-22-2006, 01:09 AM
I just stuff them in my bra, but if you want an adhesive use a medical adhesive. Find a pharmacy that carries ostomy supplies, two good adhesives are HOLLISTER a spray and NU HOPE a cement. they are not cheap but a container will last a long time.

Gisele
02-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I ditto the 2 above post.

Hollister's works well for me. I will have to try the Goo Gone though!

Jenny Warren
02-22-2006, 10:22 AM
What about using a staple gun? :D

Only joking, girls, don't try this at home.

Jenny

Roxane
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi

When you use the spray adhesive do you have red marks when you take them off?

X

Gisele
02-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi

When you use the spray adhesive do you have red marks when you take them off?

X

Yes, I do. I only wear adhesive when going out to the meetings or when riding around town in the car. Other than that I just wear them in a fitting bra.

It takes about 2 to 3 days for the redness to go away.:(