PDA

View Full Version : Passing as a Male!!!!

Rhiannon
02-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Hi!

The title of this post is a bit tongue in cheek but in a nutshell it's like this -

How many of you enjoy cross dressing but don't necessarily want to pass as a woman? For example, today was a quiet Sunday morning and I popped into town wearing black nail varnish, blue jeans from T.K Max which were male but had a sort of feminine dark blue strip on the knee, and leather thigh boots with 3.5" heels, so basically the jeans came down over the boot so you could only see about 2" of them off the floor. I had no facial make up on and wore an ordinary male fleece coat on top. My hair is very short and black and I have no earings etc.

So that's it - I love certain items of women's clothing - love high heel boots and low-heel boots as long as they look feminine. I enjoy skirts indoors and a bit of lipstick indoors, but never do I think 'I look like a woman' or try to pass off as one. I just love the clothes.
Anyone out there with a similar outlook?

Love

Rhiannon

DonnaT
02-19-2006, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't say I don't necessarily want to pass as a woman, but instead, don't necessarily need to pass as a woman.

TracyDeluxe
02-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I am just getting into this aspect of being who I really am, neither/both man and woman. Public personae at work, and out'n'about is female, but when you have to pass all the time, it can get old, at least for me.

So I recently made a very short trip outside, just after I took the below picture. Don't own any male clothes, so girl's jeans and top, earrings, but no makeup or wig, just the crochet cap. Of course, I've got 40C's, can't leave them off, I'm afraid, but I guess you'd have to say this is the real me, a boy who likes to wear woman's clothes all the time.

http://static.flickr.com/29/99417682_fb522d5857.jpg

(I think I posted this pic on another thread, hope it isn't against the rules to post images more than once?)

Ms. Donna
02-19-2006, 09:31 AM
How many of you enjoy cross dressing but don't necessarily want to pass as a woman?

I have to agree with DonnaT: I don't need to pass as a woman.

It's about a 50/50 split as to how I'll get read in any situation.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Rhiannon
02-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I am just getting into this aspect of being who I really am, neither/both man and woman. Public personae at work, and out'n'about is female, but when you have to pass all the time, it can get old, at least for me.

So I recently made a very short trip outside, just after I took the below picture. Don't own any male clothes, so girl's jeans and top, earrings, but no makeup or wig, just the crochet cap. Of course, I've got 40C's, can't leave them off, I'm afraid, but I guess you'd have to say this is the real me, a boy who likes to wear woman's clothes all the time.

Yep - that's it - that's more or less what I'm like though I don't wear feminine tops outside - yet. If I could get women's jeans I would, but I'm so damn tall it's hard!

Katrina
02-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't get to go out enough as a woman, but I wear women's clothes all the time. I'm usually wearing girls jeans when I'm bumming around town and I wear women's loafers to work everyday. I don't have the guts to wear any cool heel shoes/boots out though...

Rachel Morley
02-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi Rhiannon,

I am definately in this camp. I am one of those cders that sometimes it really is "just about the clothes"....well actually not exactly the clothes per se, but how they make me feel. I don't necessarily need the wig and make up.

For me personally, (and I know not everyone is like this) I don't have to dress up fully en femme to feel wonderfully feminine. My normal look is "feminized male". Depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing it can hardly show at all, or I can look like a real sissy :p

Fortunately for me my wife Marla likes this. Here's a link to a thread she wrote on partial dressing.
http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20536

Hugs

Michelle Hart
02-19-2006, 02:37 PM
For me it's want vs need:

I need food and water, I want lobster and wine.

I need shelter, but I want a mansion.

My guess is most of us want to pass or look feminine but beneth that there is our shared need to dress. Each of us individually qualifies where the line is.

For me I want to look believable, when I dress. If a passing glance from someone when I go out says "that'a a woman" I'm happy. Some are more interested in a few little feminine things, others want the whole ensamble.

Many of us do not feel complete unless we satisfy the need to dress. However we don't need to have a complete outfit on to be happy we just want that.

Each of us determines where the want and need line begins and ends.

AllThingsPretty
02-19-2006, 02:47 PM

My guess is most of us want to pass or look feminine but beneth that there is our shared need to dress. Each of us individually qualifies where the line is.

For me I want to look believable, when I dress. If a passing glance from someone when I go out says "that'a a woman" I'm happy. Some are more interested in a few little feminine things, others want the whole ensamble.

Many of us do not feel complete unless we satisfy the need to dress. However we don't need to have a complete outfit on to be happy we just want that.

Well Put Michelle

Rhiannon
02-19-2006, 03:08 PM

That is interesting and maybe clarifies my own position i.e

I WANT to dress up but I don't NEED to.

Simple as that for me. I have no desire to 'pass as a woman'. I just like wearing high heels, tights, nail varnish, lipstick and dresses indoors occasionally. A week or so may go by without me cross-dressing. I do go so far as to shave/wax my legs etc, and I also get a sensual/sexual gratification out of it too, probably out of the knowledge that the cultural rules of the society I live in deem it wrong or at the very least, 'odd'. If it was classed as 'normal' then I doubt I would get the same release of emotions.

The fact that I live on my own and have the freedom to do it when I like may have an impact. Those of you in a relationship where the CD is kept hidden may do it more often simply because you never know when the next opportunity will arise ??

Anyway, thank you everyone for your considered replies.

Butterfly Bill
02-19-2006, 03:18 PM
I rather doubt if I pass when I still have my beard, and talk in a voice that can sing E below the bass clef. Absolutely never use makeup; think it feels icky-sticky. Had two teenage girls give me smiles in the supermarket as I was there in my long pink quilted greatcoat and my silvery blue shapka this morning; made my day.

Rhiannon
02-19-2006, 04:18 PM
I rather doubt if I pass when I still have my beard, and talk in a voice that can sing E below the bass clef. Absolutely never use makeup; think it feels icky-sticky. Had two teenage girls give me smiles in the supermarket as I was there in my long pink quilted greatcoat and my silvery blue shapka this morning; made my day.

Good on you Bill!! Wish I had the guts to do something like that!

Genifer Teal
02-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I took the title of this thread differently. With long hair, plucked eyebrows, shaved arms, and long nails ect, how many of us have trouble passing as a "typical" male on a daily basis? As a friend who transitioned once warned me, the better you look as a woman, the harder it is to look like an average guy.

Genifer