PDA

View Full Version : Fake tan faux pas

Peach13
03-02-2016, 03:03 AM
I've been eyeing up this gradual tanning moisturiser for a while now and yesterday decided to go ahead and purchase it! Description on the front "brings out your summer shimmer", as its a moisturiser I didn't think it would be like proper fake tan. So after I shaved my legs in the shower decided to apply on my legs and arms (as I normally do with moisturiser) and it smelled lovely! Quite a feminine smell but not like perfume. The wife came back from her walk and we started watching a chick flick. She said to me "you smell like biscuits, have you been using fake tan" :0 ..... I said no but I do have a new moisturiser. She told me to go and check the label and was adamant it was fake tan. When I got into the bathroom I got a whiff of myself and I did indeed "smell like biscuits" 😂. She was ok with it and joked about my scent for the evening but asked me not to use it again. And she has me stripping and washing out bed linen today.... Can't get anything past these women 😂😂😂

alwayshave
03-02-2016, 08:27 AM
My fiancee is so in tune with any change in scents and will immediately ask me what's different. You are right, there is no getting anything by women. Btw, are biscuits not a good smell?

Peach13
03-02-2016, 09:24 AM
haha apparently not!! I can't believe how much the scent changed! Silly product really. My wife is the same, instantly knows when something has changed. She has been a star recently though.

Krisi
03-02-2016, 09:35 AM
So did it give you a tan?

I get my tan the natural way, from the sun. It works but of course, I get a "male" tan with lines on my arms and legs that are in the wrong place. And I get pretty dark when I tan.

Peach13
03-02-2016, 09:56 AM
oh yeah it worked for sure! I occasionally use a sun bed to even out the typical farmers tan. Here in Scotland we don't often get to see the sun so have to resort to alternative methods to achieve a darker skin tone :).