PDA

View Full Version : What should they think?

Saikotsu
03-02-2016, 05:44 PM
It's no secret that many people make snap judgements about people based on their appearance. If someone were to see you walking down the street while crossdressing, what would you want them to think about you? Or what would you like them to know?

For me, I would want them to know I'm a really nice person who cares deeply for their friends and family. Maybe if they saw the person inside the clothes first, the clothes wouldn't be nearly so important.

Nine
03-02-2016, 06:46 PM
What I want them to think ?

"OMG, This guy has balls !!":o

Laurana
03-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Why should I care what they think? I can't hear their thoughts.

Teresa
03-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Saikotsa,
Most of the time I feel that anyway but more so when dressed, people will always judge a book by it's cover it's natural instinct for our fight or flight reactions ! luckily we can communicate to show people we are harmless and caring and mostly people do accept that but not all. Even as CDers we do the same how many times have you seen posts claiming to have seen another CDer but were unsure whether to approach them or not .

reb.femme
03-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Hi Ady,

From a CD perspective, all I want is to be ignored on the street, in the same way I am as male me. I don't care what people think about me personally, but their actions can impact upon us.

Becky

Rachael Leigh
03-02-2016, 07:22 PM
This is so true clothes don't make the man or women it's what's inside that's most important.
I know that's why when I'm out enfem I just try and be as normal and nice as I can be

PattyT
03-02-2016, 07:44 PM
From a CD perspective, all I want is to be ignored on the street, in the same way I am as male me.

This too is my goal. If they some how figure out I am a CD, I don't care at all what they think. Frankly, how I dress is no one's business but my own.

Nikki A.
03-02-2016, 07:49 PM
I really don't care what people think as long as they treat me as I would like to treat them. Some day maybe it will be accepted that a man can go out in a dress and some makeup (if they want) and be treated normally.
However I feel more comfortable (at this time) to go all out, hair, breasts and try to pass somewhat as a woman. Whether I fool anyone I don't know but at least maybe I get a second guess.

rachelatshop
03-02-2016, 08:55 PM
I would want anyone who saw me to say to themselves that they just saw a really classy professional woman.

Alice Torn
03-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Very good replies. Teresa, very true about human nature, even ourselves.

MarcellaMcNul
03-02-2016, 10:19 PM
I would want them to not think anything about me, just keep going about their day and I'll go about mine.

CherylFlint
03-03-2016, 01:15 AM
Good luck.
First and foremost you’d want them to think that you’re non-threatening.
Second would be a nice-looking, clean and an up-to-date stylish woman who dresses her age, about the same for 99% of the women out-and-about.
And, last but certainty not least, is a person who is aware of her surroundings, just as are the people who are looking at you are.
That’s it.

docrobbysherry
03-03-2016, 01:32 AM
It's none of my business what passerbys r thinking. And besides, whatever I imagined they're thinking I'd be wrong most of the time.

I'm much more interested in those I speak with. Because then I can ASK THEM what they think! If I find them interesting or compassionate enuff that I care to know!

Hazel King
03-03-2016, 01:53 AM
I once walked by a greengrocer setting up outside his shop, when I got a "morning Luv" that made my day.

Secret Drawer
03-03-2016, 04:03 AM
Certainly I mean no offense to anyone here, but it does ring a little hollow to say you just don't care. I am not calling anyone a liar or a faker, etc. It just seems that it is basic to human nature to be somewhat aware of those around us, even in what they may be thinking. Consider a sociopath, someone without the capacity to consiously care about what others think. If they be a crossdresser, then they don't "need" this site or anything else, they will just put on the dress and go. But we are here, we do care, so even if we come to terms with not really caring (deeply) what others think, we can't shut off our awareness.
It seems to answer the OP it would be to wish that people would not assume we are perverted or flawed in some mental way, to not cross the street when they see "US" coming. It would be nice to be less ignored as accepted. The journey continues...

Tina_gm
03-03-2016, 06:17 AM
One of the reasons I do not go out in public..... because if I was dressed in public, I wouldn't want anyone to think anything at all. They would just see a woman passing by.

Connie D50
03-03-2016, 06:26 AM
wow that person is happy

Krisi
03-03-2016, 09:16 AM
What would I want them to think? I would want them to think that a woman just walked by. Nothing more, nothing less.

pamela7
03-03-2016, 09:17 AM
in my ideal world, trans awareness grows the same as LG, and no-one thinks anything, cos it's "just clothes"; maybe they admire my fashion sense?

Sara Jessica
03-03-2016, 09:43 AM
...nice-looking, clean and an up-to-date stylish woman who dresses her age, about the same for 99% of the women out-and-about.

Well said.

Taking this a half step further, I've always said that I expect to be perceived as trans when I am out and about. Face it, we are unique and more often than not will attract some attention, whether at first or second glance (or beyond if one is quite lucky). When out & about, I want those who see me for who I am to think "wow, she can really pull this off". Of course, if they aren't wearing their glasses, I'll gladly take "nice-looking, clean and an up-to-date stylish woman who dresses her age, about the same for 99% of the women out-and-about" :).

MNwild10
03-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I would hope they would see how free and comfortable I was. Just like every other person on the street, hopefully
-Shelby

franlee
03-05-2016, 01:04 AM
Absolutely nothing, I would hope that I was blending and presenting well enough so as to draw no unwanted attention.

Ally 2112
03-05-2016, 05:13 AM
He is a pretty girl for being a guy :)

CarlaWestin
03-05-2016, 06:42 PM
I want them to think, "It's just not fair that he looks so hot in that dress!"

TrishaTX
03-05-2016, 10:38 PM
i want them to say she looks happy and that is all that matters,,,

sometimes_miss
03-06-2016, 01:22 AM
I would like them to not think of me at all, as if I were just another person they pass by. As if it happened all the time.

heatherdress
03-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Should we live our lives wondering what other people, who we don't know might, think about us?

Stephanie47
03-06-2016, 11:19 AM
The OP has two questions.

"What would you want them to think about you?"

You cannot tell a book by its cover. In the real world I've encountered some really beautiful looking women (GG's) who turned out to be total bores, self centered. I've also known many women who are just ordinary women going about their business, who are interesting, caring, and well anything you'd want in a person.

If I'm walking down the street they'd know I am a man in a dress. The dress and heels and wig maybe stylish. Unfortunately, if the person does not know the true me, he or she is going to just blow me off as a weirdo or worse. The range of misconceptions out there is immense. Some equate a man in a dress as someone to be avoided.

In this day and age I would like to be seen as a non threatening person. I'm not looking for someone to buy me a cup of coffee.

"What would you like them to know?"

I'd like them to know that under the dress I am a nice person, a good husband, a good father and grandfather. That I do not know why I like to wear women's clothing, but, wearing women's clothing gives me a sense of peace and serenity.

Saikotsu is correct. "Maybe if they saw the person inside the clothes first, the clothes wouldn't be nearly so important."

On this forum every week there are opposites expressed. One husband finds out his wife is tolerant or even accepting to the extent of participation after the reveal, and, another reports his wife has packed her bags and left or thrown him out. I think the woman who is in the first group has had sufficient time to get to know and understand her husband is a really nice guy, and, the reveal does not change her perception. Unfortunately, the casual passerby does not get to know me, and, whatever his or her perception is of cross dressers or transsexuals will prevail.

Diversity
03-06-2016, 01:28 PM
I would like them to think that I'm an everyday person going about my everyday life. No ripples left behind, and the appearance of a nice person on approach.
Di

Saikotsu
03-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I Honestly expected more responses like Stephanie's, but I understand where most of you are coming from.

deebra
03-16-2016, 08:22 AM
What would I want them to think, nice boobs, little waist, great butt and legs and she walks so sexy in those 4" pumps. Also very pretty and feminine. And what they don't know is I spent a ton in plastic surgery.

Diversity
03-16-2016, 01:08 PM
I would want them to ignore me or just be polite and not embarrass me.
Di

ShelbyDawn
03-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Stephanie always gives the best responses. :)
A friend once explained to me that other peoples opinions of me are none of my business. That's their garbage.

Realizing that, I guess I would want them to think about me the same way anyone walking down the street would want to be thought of.
By and large, most of us just want to be left alone unless we have intentionally done something to be noticed.
If a women goes to the trouble of dressing to the nine's, I'm guessing she would like to be complimented on her outfit.
I a man puts on his best suit, I think he would appreciate a kind comment on how he looks.

Right now, my life wont allow for me openly wearing obviously women's clothes in public but if you happen to notice my hand-made ostrich boots, I'll accept your compliment.
So I guess if I could dress in public, I'd appreciate your saying something like, " Cute heels. Where did you get them?" :)