PDA

View Full Version : Baware of what you wish for

Hazel King
03-04-2016, 05:31 PM
My wife has been in hospital for minor problems so I have been on my own for the first time in years, so I decided I should write her a letter telling her I needed time alone, then yesterday the doctors told us she has liver cancer, this was a bolt out of the blue, we await the exact prognosis, but in the meantime I feel so sad, there is nothing I can do, next March would be our 50th. so now I see the truth of that saying "beware what you wish for because it may not be the way you want it "

Hazel

Krystenw
03-04-2016, 05:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your wife's condition.
You never know what is going to happen from one day to the next.

Sarah Louise
03-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Hi Hazel, I'm really sorry to hear about your wife. Don't beat yourself up about your timing of wanting some time alone. There's no way you could have known this would happen. I hope things turn out ok.

BLUE ORCHID
03-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Hazel, How could you write a letter like that when your wife was in the hospital ??

Maria 60
03-04-2016, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about the wish as much as wishing for better future for your wife. Keep us updated and let's all wish and pray for strength in you both.

Rachael Leigh
03-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear this Hazel, most of all she needs all of you now I pray it all goes well for her and for you

docrobbysherry
03-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Hazel, cancer is terrible and unpretdictable. Howeer, the liver is the one organ that can regenerate itself. So, if they caught your SO's cancer early enuff----? I hope for the best!:thumbsup:

alwayshave
03-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Hazel, I'm so sorry. You have my prayers.

Sara Jessica
03-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Hazel, How could you write a letter like that when your wife was in the hospital ??

Probably the most non-confrontational soul in these pages sees what you did for what it is. Good gosh.

As a cancer survivor, my thoughts and sympathies are with your wife.

Angie G
03-05-2016, 12:51 AM
Sorry to hear this news Hazel. My wife was just in the hospital and had to go back in for 11 days. I never want time away from her we have been married going on 48 years.:hugs:
Angie

Shayna
03-05-2016, 01:10 AM
So sorry to hear this hazel. Hoping for the best.

char GG
03-05-2016, 01:40 AM
So sorry about your wife.

Why would you write her a letter like that when she was in the hospital?

Teresa
03-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Hazel,
I'm so sorry you've had this shock , I do hope the prognosis isn't too bad and you will put a few more years onto your 50.

Try and not feel too bad your your letter, put it to one side and forget it for the time being. You have to consider what is round the corner, we never know what's happening inside our own bodies, it could easily have been you and you never know what is round the corner for your own life. Just dress to be comfortable and try not to feel too guilty about it, if it helps you to cope with the stress of the situation.

bridget thronton
03-05-2016, 02:28 AM
My prayers are with you and your wife

franlee
03-05-2016, 03:29 AM
Hazel, I can understand your remorse about the letter but it wasn't written with any Idea of her bad news. You were at the time trying to be honest not hurtful. So just put it away for posterity and a hard learned lesson. After all you never delivered it to her and there for she was not adversely affected. I can understand the relief you were feeling at the time you wrote it and that's not a bad thing, it's life.

Cancer is merciless and you two have a hard enough time ahead dealing with beating it so let go of any remorse for that silly letter you will make up for it in spades in the near future. Believe me I know I have been down the road with one of my children and then within 2 years lost my wife to an aneurysm. Life is hard enough with out self imposed guilt. An anyone that has never felt relief from a little time to themself and the compulsion to share must have had a fairy-book life, no one can see the future and Stuff Happens!

Prays are with your wife and you.

Shelly Preston
03-05-2016, 04:33 AM
Hi Hazel
Sorry to hear about your wife.

With any sad news everything stops and the priority is having your wife healthy again.

Ally 2112
03-05-2016, 04:54 AM
I wish all the best Hazel !

s.e.al
03-05-2016, 05:11 AM
Hi sorry about your wife best of luck to both of u

prettytoes
03-05-2016, 07:16 AM
There is hope...a very good friend of mine (also my employee) was fighting liver cancer. He got a liver transplant in August, and he is almost back to normal now. He was in pretty bad shape; there were days I wasn't sure he would make it. Now he is cancer free. Good luck to you and your wife; there is hope!

MissTee
03-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Sorry to hear of her illness. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

AmyVanessa
03-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Sorry to hear the news. I'm wishing you both the best.

Hazel King
03-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments and support.

Hazel xxx

Abbey11
03-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Thinking of you and wishing for a speedy recovery x

Annajose
03-06-2016, 07:52 AM
I am very sorry to hear such sad news, wish you and your wife all the best. My prayers are with you.