PDA

View Full Version : Like this quote from Hari Nef

Abbey11
03-05-2016, 02:54 AM
Saw this and liked it so thought I'd share

‘Trans folks are way too strong, beautiful, intelligent and powerful to stay unseen and unpaid for much longer. I’m a snowflake on the tip of an iceberg'

Abbey

NatalieGirl
03-05-2016, 03:03 AM
I'm sitting here in one of my fav dresses. Getting drunk on Bushmills. And listening to David Bowie's last album. And wondering what my role on this planet is as a trans/CD.

Should I run around in girly clothes in public more often? Or keep it hidden?

I have no idea.

Allisa
03-05-2016, 09:00 AM
There are so many more out there that we cannot get an accurate count on. That is why when I'm out and about I try to represent my CDing, transgenderism, fluidity and other terms used to describe this faction of society as best I can, so others may get out and be counted with out reproach. I know the ones that are out are only the tip of the iceberg, there are so many more below the surface, imagine how we could change the world if our true numbers were out and seen. Sounds like a dream from the 70's.

mykell
03-05-2016, 10:37 AM
is this another quote allisa, or something you wrote ???

Allisa
03-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Whaaa?, huuuh? just a response to someone else's quote and I don't even know who Hari Nef is, but sounds like a sage to me.

docrobbysherry
03-05-2016, 02:38 PM
"Unpaid"? Not me! I got union scale when I did a guest spot on Hot Package!:D

Suzanne F
03-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Yes we can be out!!!!! I have transitioned in place at work in a very public job. Yes there are obstacles but the reward is great. I hope my struggle will help clear the way for the younger generations of transgender people who will follow.
Suzanne

mykell
03-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Whaaa?, huuuh? just a response to someone else's quote and I don't even know who Hari Nef is, but sounds like a sage to me.

i have never heard of her before either, but your reply to the quote was profoundly wise as well......kudos!

Robin414
03-06-2016, 12:57 AM
Ahh, Hari Nef! A TG model who's done work for Gucci and Ferragamo...I'm a fan already! 'Truer words have never been spoken', not sure who first quoted that one but unless someone claims it...I DID! 😉