PDA

View Full Version : Look

Lucy Long Legs
03-05-2016, 11:17 AM
If you have a partner, does the look they like you to present accord with your own preferences? Does that person like the look you enjoy, or prefer something which makes you feel uncomfortable?

reb.femme
03-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Basically, my wife dresses for herself and is a dress down girl by nature. She doesn't like to stand out in a crowd, but when she puts her girl on, she looks great. She also has a knack for finding dresses at prices you couldn't match unless they were stolen. Mmmm! I'll have to check out where she's getting this stuff. :devil:

She wouldn't wear the stuff I buy, as I like floaty, sheer and layered tops and dresses. She likes shift dresses (so do I) and trousers and little tops. She thinks a couple of my dresses are too short too.

Becky

Jenniferathome
03-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Firstly, she prefers I present like a man. When in girl mode, she likes my taste but that is not surprising as I have pretty much grown my style based on how she dresses. Of course, I wear dresses more often than her but that's more of a cross dresser thing.

Dana44
03-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Well, when we go out dressed. My SO will put on a skirt , heels and a nice blouse. But her style is different than mine. So, we do look different but dressed up. Yet when we are in a thrift shop. I ask her on everything I pick if she likes it. I do listen to her style of colors and stuff and she is getting used to my style. I have found skirts and tops for her also. But we have our own styles.

Teresa
03-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Lucy,
I don't have that problem , my wife doesn't want to see me dressed so what I choose to wear is irrelevant !

If I were in that situation I'm not sure if she'd be shocked or surprised, I would say most of us would dress younger but there are so many factors that come into to get approval, very few partners would not openly admit you look better than them , after all we are men to them !

Cheryl T
03-07-2016, 04:02 PM
My look is dictated by my feelings, the weather and the venue, nothing else.
My wife will suggest something if I'm undecided, but never specifies what I should wear.

transfeminate
03-07-2016, 08:04 PM
My partner is not just a passive accepter but my fashion advisor. And being a woman she knows little things that I might not

JeanTG
03-07-2016, 08:55 PM
Yes mine tries to adjust my look all the time, saying things like "you aren't going to wear THAT are you?"

Alas, she means my male clothes.

Chelsea B
03-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Yes mine tries to adjust my look all the time, saying things like "you aren't going to wear THAT are you?"

Alas, she means my male clothes.

Ha! That is the case with me too. She is very much my wardrobe director.
I doubt the look I go for en femme is what she would prefer, and though I'd like my dressing to be more of an open topic between us, I wouldn't give up control. (But as mentioned above, I'd love to benefit from all the nuance that she would bring)

OCCarly
03-07-2016, 09:24 PM
My wife actually asks me for fashion advice. She likes dark colors and earth tones. I tend to like brighter, bolder, more contrasting colors and pastels (I came of age in the Eighties). We've spent a lot of time getting to know each other's personal styles. She used to disfavor skirts or dresses, but lately she has taken a liking to shirt-dresses.

Knowing each other and watching each other evolve is part of the fun of the relationship.

Taylor186
03-08-2016, 08:55 AM
I would say she has been a positive tempering influence on my style, but I think she would continue to say I am more daring, in many ways, than she would like. But I don't go out that often any more, so it's not a discussion point like it was when I was attending monthly social/support meetings.

Krisi
03-08-2016, 09:06 AM
My wife has never given me a "look she likes me to present". She will comment sometimes if something doesn't look right (blouse and skirt don't go well together, etc. Truthfully, I suspect she would like me to present as her "man", but she tolerates Krisi.

I think the trap that many of us fall into is, our wives have been female for their entire lives and are used to it while we get to be "female" just now and then and tend to overdo things. Too high heels, too short mini skirt, too much makeup, etc.

Alice Torn
03-08-2016, 09:26 AM
I wish i could have had the chance to even have a wife or SO. I have shown pics of me dressed to several GG's, and one siad i had better legs than most GG,s and showed them to her gay son, and he though i lokked like i had a professional make over. You who have accepting mates, are some of the most fortunate dressers on earth!

Connie D50
03-08-2016, 09:39 AM
My dressing is right in tone to my wife's because i think I have used her has my role model without even knowing it.