PDA

View Full Version : Had to say thanks. Feel good post.

I Am Paula
03-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Yesterday I had to take my wife to the walk-in clinic for some antibiotics. I had never been there before.
A Doctor walked out of the back that I recognized immediately, although I had only ever seen him once. I asked if I could have half a minute of his time, and frankly, he did not look impressed, but said OK. There's no way he recognized me.
I told him that I had come to see him three years ago, at a different walk-in clinic, because I did not have a family Doctor, and my gender issues were starting to get the better of me. Although I knew I was not suicidal at the time, something had to be done, because the ledge was not far away. After a chat that showed him I was not a danger to myself, he referred me to 'The Doctor who knows all about trans issues, and is an Endocrinologist.'
I told him I've always felt I needed to thank him. I did not know where to turn, and he sent me off in the right direction.
From unhappy boy, to happy girl, he had not idea that, indirectly as it may seem, he saved my life.
I just wanted him to know.

Kaitlyn Michele
03-08-2016, 10:37 AM
very very cool

Im glad you got to say it to him!!

I know exactly what you are talking about

Eringirl
03-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Well done Paula. Impressed that you did that! Many times we think about doing such things, but don't act on it. I bet it made his day!! I too am glad that you spoke with him that day three years ago!!

Erin

PretzelGirl
03-08-2016, 10:42 PM
I am grateful for the thanks I have been able to give. Even if it means an outing, it feels good. I am glad that you had this opportunity.

Starling
03-08-2016, 11:42 PM
Hooray for you!

:) Lallie

Jennifer-GWN
03-09-2016, 01:06 AM
That's one of those "little" "big" moments. Life changing on our side... Another day at the office for the other person. But letting them know the impact they make in a persons life is priceless.

Good for you!

Bria
03-09-2016, 01:11 AM
Many times we don't ever know what a significant effect we may have on someone's life by what we see as a casual conversation. I'm glad that you were able to thank this person and let them know what a positive effect they had on your life.

Hugs, Bria

JenniferZ2009
03-09-2016, 01:19 AM
Made me cry.

Stephanie Sometimes
03-09-2016, 01:32 AM
Great story and nice of you to make the effort to thank him. I hope he had a good reaction after you explained it to him!

pamela7
03-09-2016, 03:52 AM
how lovely to be able to give gratitude. It's so rare in modern society but the best of emotions for all involved. In the end, it's why "we" exist.

MsVal
03-12-2016, 05:59 PM
I've long felt that some people are sent into our lives simply to play seemingly minor "cameo" roles. As the stories of our lives evolve, those minor roles have a major effect on our lives.

Best wishes
MsVal