PDA

View Full Version : Come with me, girls. Chapter 2

Sophia Rearen
02-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Walking out of DSW and leaving that akwardness behind. Each step I took, I relished the sound of my heels on the pavement. With each step I remembered why I love being out so much. Walking like a woman comes very natural to me. I have a small gait. A little heel in front of toe and the hips come into play. I love it so. It didn't take many steps in my new boots for me to completely forget about the boot dance at the register. The combination of boots, outfit and warm sunshine made me want to keep walking. Such a shame I wasn't parked in a mega mall.

At my sanctuary, my car, I threw the shoe bag in and swung myself into the car seat. Reapply some lipstick and gloss and down the road to my favorite female stomping ground, Ross.

Again, I park the car as far away as possible. As I sit in the car getting the tripod and camera ready for these photos, my car gets bombed on by a sea gull. A sea gull! Is this some sort of omen? I'm atleast 60 miles from the ocean and will shortly leave for Atlantic City. Is this some sort of sign. Should I not be doing this. And this stuff was glued on to my windshield. I used the pissers and it just spread it over my view. This was going to be a fun 2 hour drive looking through bird sh**. But, I digress. Onward and inward to Ross.

Ross is a discount chain store for those who do not know. I do plenty of shopping here, including this spree, I probably have about 20 dresses from Ross alone. Most cost no more than $20. With my confidence high, I strut myself across the parking lot and into the store.

tifftg
02-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Love the boots what fun this adventure surely had to be. I know that omen part I always think I am getting little signals from lifes random events.

Tiff

AllThingsPretty
02-19-2006, 02:56 PM
OMG, I love ross, I shop there all the time.

Great story, and fantastic pic's

Julie Avery
02-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Great story, and fantastic pic's

Exactly

Sharon
02-19-2006, 03:05 PM
You look terrific, Sophia! The outfit looks beautiful on you. I see I need to add Ross to the places I shop at.

I've been enjoying reading about your adventure yesterday and I can't wait to read what happened next. :)

Shelly Preston
02-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi Sophia

Thanks for Chapter 2

Love the pics

Laurie Ann
02-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Sophia with the pictures and your excellent narrative I feel that I am on this adventure with you. The next installment is eagerly anticipated.

Monica55cd
02-19-2006, 04:01 PM
What a nice story it sounds like a wonderful time please share the rest of your trip.... you look so nice in the photos too....

jamie_44
02-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Sounds fun, I want to shop with you girl!

PennieS
02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
nice pictures and look. i have shoped there too. Great place. Kepp it going Girl:clap:

AprilMae
02-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm really enjoying reading your story, Sophia. It really sounds exciting. And the pictures are great as well.

Paula Rae
02-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey Sophia,

You look great and well dressed for the excursion. Including the bird stuff you did well and I commend you for your courage.
You are setting an example for the rest of us to follow.

This is a great series of threads, thanks for posting them. :clap:

Ricki B

Steph
02-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Excellent pictures, I wish I had that courage. I understand the problem with those d**** seagulls. I usually pluck one of those from the roof at work each week. Where do seagulls go during winter? They are still here.

vette66427
02-19-2006, 11:26 PM
i bet you had a really great time.someday i hope to just walk down the sreet.thanks for the story.you go girl.

Paula T
02-20-2006, 12:08 AM
wear flats when I go out shopping. Of course I sometimes end up buying a new pair of heels. Is it my imagination or does one get looked at more often when wearing heels even when dressed rather conservative.

Carlacd
02-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Hope you had a great time. And you look wonderful.

cosmolovesph
02-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Excellent update with part 2, waiting for more :D

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Sophia I now know exactly how you felt. I was out and about this weekend and it was absolutely fantstic! By the way, you look fantstic.

Hugs,
Victoria

TGMarla
02-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Ewww! Bird s**t. Okay, you made it to Ross....and? And????????.........

Jasmine Ellis
02-20-2006, 08:39 AM
way to go dear. Lovely pics, you look fabulously beautiful, can't wait to see the next chapter........:thumbsup: :clap:

paulaN
02-20-2006, 09:59 AM
You look fantastic. I am glad you had a good time. Too bad I wasn't their to take the pics for you. I'd love to go shoping with a sista and I have been looking for someone in my area to do the shoping thing with but no luck yet. did I tell how good you look.

chattaboxx
02-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi,

just read part 2.........i want more, love the story, feel like i am there with you.

Love the pics

is there more to come ?

Louise

Kaitlyn Michele
02-20-2006, 09:44 PM
sophia

i love your stories...i am finally catching up... !!

the details are great and it sounds like you are having lots of fun, the pics are great too.

i have spent alot of time lurking in the mall or ross or kohl's but always shying away from folks.

i am sooo afraid to shop for real

have fun

Kitty Sue
02-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Sounds like fun and excitement all rolled into one.

Sabrina Flowers
02-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Nice photos to accompany your story Sophia, I think heels clicking on a hard surface are one of life's better sounds. certianly sounds like you fun shopping.

Tina Dixon
02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Well im off to part three to see what you got, and why do they call them seaguls? There all over, flying rats is more like it.