PDA

View Full Version : Day One on HRT, Here we Go!

Stephanie Sometimes
03-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Well finally, after a lifetime of thinking it was the impossible dream and of suppressing my own very nature, I just started HRT today. I have a great doc who has a lot of experience with trans patients. She is starting me off with weekly self injections of E along with the usual S and F in pill form. I went to her really expecting to get the E skin patches but she recommended injection of the E as more effective in getting my levels up to where they need to be based on her experience. I feel fortunate to have access to her as my transition physician and she is also able to be my new primary care physician as well. It is a great arrangement so far and she communicates with me in a very understanding manner because of her prior experience.

Because of this forum, as well as from talking with local TG friends who are on HRT, I have a good idea of what to expect in the coming months and years and I have to say I am happier than I have been in decades but at the same time somewhat apprehensive about how this transition will all work out in the coming years.

The last year was truly a year from hell for me resulting in many sleepless nights. It involved the sad end of a long marriage, difficult counselling sessions, fighting with heartless divorce lawyers and the subsequent demolishment of much of my financial stability, work demands that never let up, moving twice and a lot more that all together have required almost all of my attention. After all that, nothing in the future seems unduly challenging, but I have no illusions and fully expect there will be some difficult hurdles in the path ahead.

Thanks to all of you on this forum that have paved the way and shared your experiences!

Stephanie

AllieSF
03-09-2016, 11:31 PM
Congratulations for one of many new and important milestones. Also, congratulations for making it through a tough transition year (there are all types of transitions). May this coming year be easier and more rewarding for you. Please keep us up to date on your progress. Curious minds are interested in your successes, yes plural. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy J Angel
03-09-2016, 11:58 PM
Ya love to hear this makes it a little easier us girls behind u love cindy

Jennifer-GWN
03-10-2016, 02:45 AM
Stephanie;

Cloud 9 is likely where you are at the moment and the beginning of a whole new chapter. I wish you well. When hear these milestone note my heart warms remembering back not that long ago but today I give thanks for how great my life is now.

This is a significant point and boom right to injections; excellent.

If there's anything you need feel free to reach out.

Cheers... Jennifer

Eringirl
03-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Congrats Stephanie!! Welcome to the club!! It will be a wild ride, but oh so worth! So happy for you, particularly given the hard year you had. But you made it through to the other side, so good on ya.

I hope this coming year on HRT is a much better one!!

Erin

Suzanne F
03-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Way to persevere Stephanie! It is a wonderful feeling as our chemistry is adjusted to where it should be! I look forward to hearing your wonderful results!
Suzanne

PretzelGirl
03-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the real side! Buckle up, it is going to be quite a ride. May you be blessed for the entire duration.

PennyNZ
03-11-2016, 12:57 AM
Seems to have been a long time coming. Wishing you the absolute best in the months and years ahead
Penny

Marcelle
03-11-2016, 05:52 AM
Hi Stephanie,

Congrats and I am glad to read after all the waiting you are finally moving forward.

Cheers

Marcelle

Sabrina133
03-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Congratulations Stephanie, like the others said, welcome to this side. It will be rough at times but well worth it. I wouldn't change anything.

XO
Bree

MsVal
03-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Congratulations ... I'm so sorry for you.

It's wonderful that you are finally able to become whole, to be the complete person you've repressed for so long.

The roller-coaster ride you're about to take, the ride that you MUST take, will at times be thrilling, at times devastating. Pull those safety straps tight, and get a good grip on the bar.

YAHOOO.....

Best wishes
MsVal