PDA

View Full Version : Books about a cross dressing character?

Justina
03-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Hi :) . I like to read. I was wondering if anybody knows of any good books with main character being a cross dresser. I know of a couple stories I have read when a man would cross dress to get to his male enemies and kill them, it was great :daydreaming:. Would any of you happen to know of any?

Robin414
03-10-2016, 10:13 PM
I don't know of any books myself (other than the obvious true story stuff) but how about that Bugs Bunny!?

Justina
03-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Bugs bunny is good too :D

MissDanielle
03-10-2016, 10:36 PM
I had started writing a book where three guys were turned into girls at work by scientific equipment and then I felt urges to dress in women's clothing so I stopped writing and started seeing a therapist.

Have yet to revisit the book.

Justina
03-10-2016, 10:53 PM
Sounds like it could have been a interesting read :heehee:

chloe cute
03-10-2016, 10:56 PM
does manga counts? plenty of them.

Someone777
03-10-2016, 11:02 PM
I'm just going to drop this link and walk away.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenderBender <-- There's a rather massive list if you scroll down a little ways.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenderReveal <-- More specifically related to crossdressing.

Oh, fine, here's another one.

http://metamorphose.org/

Justina
03-10-2016, 11:25 PM
does manga counts? plenty of them.

Yes, I just prefer novels though lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just going to drop this link and walk away.

Thanks you

Nikkilovesdresses
03-11-2016, 02:20 AM
Have you read Sister Agnes, by Tom Woolf? -it fits your description perfectly and I certainly enjoyed it. It's an ebook on Kindle, go to Amazon.com and search Sister Agnes, Tom Woolf, or try this link: http://www.amazon.com/Sister-Agnes-Tom-Woolf-ebook/dp/B00QVYW0SO/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1457680520&sr=1-1&keywords=Sister+Agnes%2C+Tom+Woolf

Great thread- wish more people would talk about books and reading.

cdterri
03-11-2016, 01:26 PM
I would love to be able to read like I use to,(at least a book a week) but age and very poor eyesight have taken their toll. I find that even with my glasses I have to read sentences over and over and still have a hard time concentrating on or remembering what I have just read. One of the reasons I don't post much. Just typing this took well over 2 mins.

Someone777
03-11-2016, 01:49 PM
I'm not that old but a lifetime of poor sleep has robbed me of a lot of things. My memory and concentration have probably taken the worst hits.

The act of reading doesn't take very long but actually understanding what I read and forming a coherent response takes a lot longer than it should.

Even so, I go through sprees of just spending all day reading. The instant regret from the mega headache I get afterwards usually prevents me from doing that too often.

Justina
03-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Have you read Sister Agnes, by Tom Woolf?

Great thread- wish more people would talk about books and reading.

Ill check it out, thanks

pamela7
03-11-2016, 02:43 PM
"Orlando" by virginia woolf, anyone?

Julia1984
03-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Pamela, Orlando is a great book and a hugely visually appealing film. Who cannot love Tilda? But it's not really a crossdressing story, the character just changes "sex" without wanting to, as I recall. I agree more discussion of books would be a treat. Shall we start a book group?
Hugs
Julia

TinaMc
03-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk has some interesting transgender/crossdressing characters, IIRC. Been a while since I read it. Also, Irvine Welsh's Filth, but that's more along the lines of psycho tranny than sympathetic portrayal.

MarciManseau
03-11-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm sure you're all aware of the stories on Fictionmania and Nifty. Mostly short stories but a few are book length.

elaine_kt8
03-11-2016, 06:12 PM
...I was wondering if anybody knows of any good books with main character being a cross dresser... ?

I read a lot of those.

In One Person ~ John Irving
The Dress Circle ~ Laurie Graham
Sunday Best ~ Bernice Rubens
The New Girlfriend ~ Ruth Rendell (short story)
The Turning ~ Mark Barwell
Painted Ladies & Bodies by Design (Jasmine Frame Stories) ~ P R Ellis
The Sisterhood & Endings and Beginings ~ Roz White

and many more (I would need to scan my bookshelves, and kindle archive for a longer list).

You could also try searching Kindle store on Amazon for "transgender fiction", or "crossdressing fiction".

GeorgeA
03-11-2016, 08:13 PM
That is a great idea. As a bookseller, I have, occasionally, come across such books, but now do not recall their titles. From now on, I will post here any books on crossdressing that come my way.

While not strictly speaking CDing a book by Heinlein "I Will Fear No Evil" tells a story of a man's brain transplanted into the body of a woman. Very good read!

Patricia Johnson
03-12-2016, 02:45 AM
I read a lot of stories from amazon using my kindle. Here are the author in my trans collection Pearl N lace, Alex wolfe, Amanda Richol, Ashley Rivers, DK Masters, barbera delato, Ben Schroedinger, chrystal wynd, Gregory Daniels, John dylens, Kori Dushayl, Mindy Flyth, marlen sexton, mistress dede, Rebecca Stone, Richard Novic, sky Eagleday, Tanya Allen, Victoria Marlowe, Annie summers, enjoy

Lacey New
03-12-2016, 06:35 AM
Try Raptor by Gary Jennings. The main character is a hermaphrodite and moves from one gender to another to do his/her thing. Set in Europe in the closing days of the Roman Empire.

patti.jean
03-12-2016, 11:53 AM
This goes back a few years, but it is still one of my favorites in the CD genre.

The Kiss Murder
By Mehmet Murat Somer

Link to what I posted on the book in the past: A Turkish Delight Mystery (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?102797-A-Turkish-Delight-Mystery&highlight=)

Justina
03-12-2016, 01:21 PM
I read a lot of those.

Thanks you

lauren21403
03-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Sandy Thomas has a wonderful collection of crossdressing stories with lots of different themes. Available on Amazon as paperback or for kindle.

Yuusui
03-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto.

MissDanielle
03-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Sounds like it could have been a interesting read :heehee:

I'm sure it would have been but I wanted to make sure my head was clear and that writing the book wasn't messing with my head. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't the case.

stellatoo
03-13-2016, 03:11 PM
I've just read "The art of being normal" by Lisa Williamson,a young adult ( hey I can dream) book about a boy wanting to be a girl and a girl transitioning to a boy. Very good and even brought a tear to my cynical eye... "The new woman" by Charity Norman is a transgender tale of a middle aged TG who finally realises he needs to live his life as a woman. I've also just read " Fanny & Stella. The Young Men Who Shocked Victorian England". This is a true story of two crossdressers/TG's who were arrested in 1870 and scandalised Victorian England. There's a lot of conjecture and supposition but it's an enjoyable read and window into Victorian society.
On a personal note I'm not a fan of "fictionmania" due to the age of some of the characters.

Jessica S
03-14-2016, 11:43 PM
Here's another list:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1907.Best_Gender_Bending_Books?page=1

donnalee
03-15-2016, 06:08 AM
"The World according to Garp" -John Irving?
"Turnabout" - Thorne Smith
Both transgender but not exclusively about crossdressing.

crotchhiboots
03-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Fictionmania.com is a great place for these stories.

Abbey11
03-15-2016, 01:19 PM
I quite like this story
http://www.storysite.org/story/stilettoheels~01.html

Julie1123
03-16-2016, 04:52 AM
Not the main character but Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace has a crossdresser in it.

SherriePall
03-16-2016, 08:45 AM
I apologize if I missed this on the various lists here, but there was a book advertised on television several months back titled, "Cross Purposes" by an author whose name I can't remember. It was about crossdressing because the ad said so and there was a little teaser shown as well. Help me out, girls.

James Patterson?

Justina
03-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Thanks everyone

Vintage4sarah
03-28-2016, 05:55 AM
I would also like to thank all of you that posted books and authors. Now I just need the time to devour all of them :)

Mayo
03-28-2016, 08:20 AM
"When Everything Feels Like the Movies", by Raziel Reed, won Canada's Governor-General’s Literary Award last year. The main character is gay gender-bending teen boy. It's very well-written and quite the wild ride, but I don't want to give any spoilers so I'll just leave the blurb here:

School is just like a film set: there's The Crew, who make things happen, The Extras who fill the empty desks, and The Movie Stars, whom everyone wants tagged in their Facebook photos. But Jude doesn't fit in. He's not part of The Crew because he isn't about to do anything unless it's court-appointed; he's not an Extra because nothing about him is anonymous; and he's not a Movie Star because even though everyone knows his name like an A-lister, he isn't invited to the cool parties. As the director calls action, Jude is the flamer that lights the set on fire.

Before everything turns to ashes from the resulting inferno, Jude drags his best friend Angela off the casting couch and into enough melodrama to incite the paparazzi, all while trying to fend off the haters and win the heart of his favourite co-star Luke Morris. It's a total train wreck!

But train wrecks always make the front page.

SelfServingFellow
06-21-2016, 10:29 PM
Murder is a Drag is a mystery with a straight CD protagonist. It's interesting because he's super butch when he's working, but settles into CD almost to become a complete person. A yin and yang thing, I guess. https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Drag-M-C-Schmidt/dp/1630664480/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466561662&sr=8-1&keywords=murder+is+a+drag

GBJoker
06-22-2016, 01:35 AM
There's always Jeanne D'Arc stuff. I'm debating writing a historical fiction of her with every one's sexes reversed.

Phoebe Reece
06-22-2016, 02:27 PM
One of the first books I read that had a crossdresser as the central character was "Killer in Drag" by Ed Wood, copyright 1965. There was also a sequel to that one he wrote in 1967 called "Death of a Transvestite". Both are long since out of print. I still have original paperback copies of both books.

barbara gordon
06-22-2016, 02:38 PM
anything from John Irving .

especially "in one person "

and "Garp".

BillieJoEllen
06-30-2016, 12:05 PM
There is one book I really liked. They even made a movie about it. I have watched the movie perhaps forty times and have read the book perhaps 15 times. The endings differ from the movie and the book. The name of the book is I Want What I Want by Geoff Brown. Its all about how a young transsexual deals wit his dysphoria.

Toni Citara
06-30-2016, 02:01 PM
I quite like this story
http://www.storysite.org/story/stilettoheels~01.html

Intetesting story.

gokatiegirl
06-30-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Silence of the Lambs. The book came out in 1988 and the movie in 1991?? The movie was recently on HBO and they played everyday for a few months. Every time the creepy cross-dresser scene came on everybody in the room would look at me.

Justina
06-30-2016, 06:42 PM
I was weirded out when I saw that scene when I was younger lol

Cristy2
06-30-2016, 08:13 PM
I don't know of any books right off the top of my head, but there was a very interesting BBC documentary (about the same time Jenna Talackova started making headlines) about a British transgendered woman who competed in beauty pageants in Britain.