PDA

View Full Version : red tape catch 22

pamela7
03-11-2016, 12:16 PM
okay so, this:

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/t451-eng.pdf

1. there is no website with a list of recognised practitioners ...

"
Report A must be made by a registered medical practitioner or registered psychologist
practising in the field of gender dysphoria and must include the details of your
diagnosis of gender dysphoria.
A list of doctors and psychologists who are recognised as practising in the field of
gender dysphoria is held on the Gender Recognition Panel’s website. Alternatively if you
do not access to the website you can contact the administrative team
"

2. how on earth are you supposed to have a driving license before you get the GRS that then enables you to get a driving license in new gender ...? (it's all a catch-22)

To quote the guidance:
"
In addition to the medical reports, statutory declaration, change of name document
and where relevant decree dissolving your marriage or civil partnership, please list
the items of supporting evidence you are providing with your application in the box
provided, such as:

Official documentation e.g. driving licence (both counterpart and photo ID) and
passport;
Page 23

Payslips or HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) documents such as a P60 or P45;

Department of Work and Pensions or HMRC benefit or tax letters or documents;

Bank or other financial institution documents or statements;

Letters from official, professional or business organisations such as from
solicitors, accountants, dentists, doctors, employers or letters from people who
know you on a personal basis;

Utility bills;

Academic certificates or documentation;

Health Care or identity cards including photo ID issued by an official organisation
"

aaarghhhhh, exactly how many banks issue an account in a "false name" these days?

all in all "how" ... someone please eludicate the way through this minefield of catch-22's?

Nigella
03-11-2016, 03:19 PM
A little digging and things can be found

List (http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/t493-eng-2016.02.25.pdf) of recognised practitioners

An applicant using this process must demonstrate that they have lived full time in their acquired gender for at least two years at the date of the application

This 2 year period would be plenty of time to get the necessary "documentation". One of the first things "most" TSs do is change their name, this then helps get other things changed.

I changed my name in 2007, had SRS 2013, got GRC 2015. I was able to change most of my "documentation" as soon as my Deed Poll (name change) was completed. This was some 8 years prior to applying for the GRC.

Rianna Humble
03-11-2016, 08:33 PM
how on earth are you supposed to have a driving license before you get the GRS that then enables you to get a driving license in new gender ...? (it's all a catch-22)

When I changed my name with DVLA, they issued a new driver's licence in my new name. The indication of gender is in part of your driver number. Mine agrees with my gender.

aaarghhhhh, exactly how many banks issue an account in a "false name" these days?

No banks will open an account in a false name. However, mine readily changed my account into my real name. They only needed to take their own copy of the original deed.