PDA

View Full Version : Busy day on Monday.

Emma Beth
03-11-2016, 11:32 PM
Wow I have a busy day on Monday the 14th.

First, I have to be at the DMV testing station very early to take care of getting my Motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license by taking the driving test. I need to be standing at the doors by no later than about 7:20-25 am so I don't have a bunch of high school kids in front of me when the doors open at 8.

Then I get to hightail it over to the VA for my first appointment with my regular Gender therapist at 10. Hopefully on my new Motorcycle.

Followed by my visit with the person that is performing my two hour Evaluation that the Endocrinology department wants me to have before they will see me at 11.

Then I plan to go downstairs to the Chaplin's offices to pay a visit to an old high school friend I haven't seen since about five years after graduation. I ran into another mutual friend today from high school that told me where to find his office.

After all that, I have the rest of the day and the next day to go for a nice ride on my bike, before I have to be back at work on Wednesday.

Cindy J Angel
03-13-2016, 10:00 PM
Awesome girlfriend hope you get everything done

Emma Beth
03-15-2016, 09:58 PM
I passed my motorcycle driving test with flying colors. I've already put over a hundred miles on my bike in two days. I think I may be a little addicted to my bike.

Had a wonderful first meeting with my regular gender therapist. As far as the VA system goes, she is my Primary Mental Health Care Provider/Coordinator. She will coordinate any and all that are involved with my mental health and work directly with my regular Primary Care Provider, as needed. I feel like we clicked, only time will tell at this point. I even took a very important step and I will be addressed in the feminine and as well as going by my chosen name of Emma while I'm at the VA now.

Had a great meeting with the Doctor that handled my Evaluation for HRT. Everything went well and I am now waiting for her to coordinate everything with my Primary Care Provider and I will be getting a call some time soon with my appointment with Endocrinology. I also found out quite a few things.

Number one; when I am ready, I will be transferring to the Women's Clinic that is just down the hall from the Clinic I am at currently.

I also found out that the VA does not cover any of the surgeries at this time. Not even through their Choice Card program. The Choice Card Program is how they handle care that is not covered in the VA Hospital, they outsource specialized care if you will.

However; they do cover therapy, HRT, and all of the after care from any of the surgeries. I'm really hoping that by the time I'm ready they will cover them.

Also, the Doctor that handled my Eval has been trying to set up a Transgender group of Veterans up there at the VA Hospital. I let her know that if she can set it up to count me in. Just let me know the details far enough in advance so I can make arrangements for the time off at work.

Cindy J Angel
03-15-2016, 10:14 PM
Yes Yes Yes that's good to hear