PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened shopping with wife

Happygirl!
03-12-2016, 08:12 PM
So wife and I are shopping for pantyhose for both of us. She had picked out a pair for me that was the wrong size. I told her in a normal voice that they weren't my size, and then pointed to a pair that would fit me. I could tell she was a little uncomfortable at that moment. We found our correct sizes :), purchased them and went on our way. Afterwards we talked about the awkward moment. I told her I'm not shy at all when buying my own pantyhose. Being that we were shopping close to home, she didn't want someone that knew us to see, and didn't want me to be "outed". I'm also in a job that's pretty much male dominated, and she is concerned about how this would affect me (maybe not after I retire). We travel frequently, and she said she wouldn't care at all if we were shopping somewhere out of town. I do see her point now. FWIW, she is totally accepting of my other side, and I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have her (for many more reasons than accepting my CD side).

lingerieLiz
03-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Wives are protective. Both for us and the prospect of social embarrassment within the area we live. Mine included even though she outed me to her friends years ago. We didn't loose a single friend, but I'm sure she still worries about others finding out.

Maria 60
03-12-2016, 10:31 PM
It sounds like you have a wife who cares about the way you are viewed by people, there's nothing wrong with that it just sounds like you are more comfortable then her. With me and my wife it is the opposite, I'm more conservative my wife will be yelling across the ladies department asking me if I want a dress or what size iam. We all have our comfort zones and I guess we should just be happy they are accepting.

Linda E. Woodworth
03-13-2016, 11:36 AM
I too am in the closet and in a "male" dominated profession. Consequently my wife and I have agreed that I do my shopping away from home by a goodly distance.

One time my wife and I were shopping together for pantyhose in a department store in Florida. The SA, an older woman, came over and promptly made a hash of it. First she tried to sell me an empty package, somebody had opened and stolen the hose. Then she couldn't find the style I was looking for. It was quickly apparent I "knew" more about hosiery than she ever did.

In the end we didn't buy any pantyhose but we both got beautiful knee length nightgowns.

Stephanie47
03-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Your post brought back memories of thirty-five years ago. All I wanted for my birthday was some panties. I've stated many times on this forum with hindsight that having my wife buy me panties would be some sort of validation of my cross dressing. If she accepted that, then maybe all would be well in the Land of Oz. Anyway, we went off to Mervyn's, which was a department store at the local mall. She must have thought everyone within the store must have been looking at a man and a woman browsing the racks of panties. And, everyone must have known the panties were for HIM. OMG, buying panties for HIM. It was traumatizing for her. Heck, we wear the same size...at least at that time. I swore the trip was akin to mental spousal abuse for her. After that I bought all my dainties, hosiery and dresses by myself or on the Internet.

Out of curiosity, what would happen at the check out station if the cashier scans a Q2 package of pantyhose, and, the woman in line with the man is five foot two and 110 pounds? Ah, the self checkout line!

Happygirl!
03-14-2016, 06:02 AM
Stephanie,
Ha ha, my wife and I joke about the difference in pantyhose size do to our height difference. I told her she is free to tease me verbally when we're out of town purchasing
items for me, which she happily agreed to :)
Happygirl

Krisi
03-14-2016, 07:45 AM
You could have picked out your own pantyhose.

Yes, we have to watch what we say sometimes and how we say it. My wife is the one with the loose lips sometimes. Once we were at the checkout counter and were just a few dollars shy of some special promotion. She said to me (out loud, in front of the SA and other customers) "Why don't you go back and get another pair of pantyhose." I did.

Beverley Sims
03-14-2016, 08:37 AM
Shopping with my wife the conversation gets so as some in earshot will hear, "that's a nice dress love; try it on it would suit you."

Later we find a pair of bras to suit the dress and then go and try them on. :-)

SandraInHose
03-19-2016, 02:26 PM
One time at the Hanes Outlet Store they were having an unannounced in-store BOGO sale on certain items. As I grabbed two pkgs of Sheer Energy, my wife was shopping for some shapers. As she was inquiring as to which items were on sale, she inadvertently said to the salesladies (yes, two of them), "my slips and his pantyhose". I stood there hoping they hadn't caught that, but after we rung out I looked back to see both of them glance at each other with raised eyebrows.

In all honesty, I didn't care, and my wife and I did get a laugh out of it.

dawn459
03-19-2016, 10:59 PM
The wife andI just have a code. word when shopping close at home she will find something and
ask if dawn would wear something
like that but she will not be present
when I buy bras because of the size difference.I have helped her look for her size and even bought
bras for her without her being presrnt. A code word or sign like
thencolor red for yes or blue for
maybe and black for no..Some
words might be Sexy /yes.Dirty/no
Playful/ maybe SuperHot/for both
of you then no one suspects anything make your choices pay and go.