PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing Pages

Cristy2
03-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Does anyone know of any good crossdressing pages (styles, tips, and etc.) on FB and etc. that would apply to a middle aged person? All the pages I am finding are mainly 20 something year olds in mico minis and etc. Don't get me wrong, they are very pretty, but at my age and build I would look like a hippopotamus, from that old Disney cartoon, in those outfits.

KittyD
03-13-2016, 10:52 AM
This is a really good point...! You right you don't see many about? I'm 44 this year YAY go me :)
I've just done a basic search on the old internet machine and not much in the way of middle age Cross-dressers giving tips out but, I just typed in (Makeup & Hair Inspiration for Mature Women) and find a bucket load on Pinterest... That should keep you going for a bit...
Happy reading :battingeyelashes:

Helen_Highwater
03-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Cristy,

I put in middle age makeup into YouTube and got loads of hits.

A few at random;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Walh9bo1XNU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS2JOPKWVHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fYNhngeAhY

Helen

Jenniferathome
03-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Pinterest is your friend. Search for "Fashion over 40" or similar themes.

Krisi
03-14-2016, 07:57 AM
I would not be looking up crossdressing on facebook. Every place you go is tracked and you'll begin getting "suggestions" related to crossdressing and your friends may as well.

Never put or do anything on facebook that you're not prepared to own.

Tara Rushing
03-14-2016, 08:16 AM
I agree, as a 46 year old myself, I have found Pinterest to be my go to source. So much info out there. Just because you are middle aged doesn't mean you can't look pretty and sexy!!

Beverley Sims
03-14-2016, 08:23 AM
I have found Utube to be most informative on just about any subject you like, separate the wood from the chaff and there are always new ideas for makeup and looking like a woman.

Jamie Christopher
03-14-2016, 10:00 AM
I also like Pinterest for this; I set up an alias pretty easy and it always comes up with makeup and beauty tips for me based on my search and "pinit" history; every time I open it the pages fill with all my girly stuff.

Jamie

abby054
03-14-2016, 10:53 AM
Pinterest is your friend. Search for "Fashion over 40" or similar themes.

I agree. Pinterest "Fashion over 40" has age appropriate, tasteful outfit ideas.

I often go to youlookfab.com, a website with daily updates by a Seattle thirtysomething woman with great taste and a real talent for explaining fashion. Look up 8 Fashion Bloggers Over 40 You Should Know http://heartifb.com/2013/04/05/8-fashion-bloggers-over-40-you-should-know/ . These bloggers put some thought into looking great, but realistic. I like Fifty, Not Frumpy, a Southern woman blogger with a great sense of style.

I found all of these sites by first looking through Pinterest "Fashion Over 40" and following the links of women wearing outfits that I liked.

Tracii G
03-14-2016, 12:14 PM
You tube if you are looking for tips and tricks on how to do make up, nails,hair etc.
Lots of crossdresser tips as well.
I have a female facebook page but its more just friends hanging out and being silly.

Helen_Highwater
03-14-2016, 01:23 PM
I would not be looking up crossdressing on facebook. Every place you go is tracked and you'll begin getting "suggestions" related to crossdressing and your friends may as well.

Krisi is correct in as much as you need to handle your settings and permissions. You can prevent anyone else seeing what it is you're looking at. Not logging in is a good start.

Nikkilovesdresses
03-15-2016, 02:39 AM
I've always had a soft spot for hippopotami...

abby054
03-15-2016, 08:06 AM
Krisi is correct in as much as you need to handle your settings and permissions. You can prevent anyone else seeing what it is you're looking at. Not logging in is a good start.

And it is a good idea to check your activity log before you leave your computer to see if FB has left you a few surprises for all your friends to see. It matters not whether you have actually used FB during your time on line. FB can and does post stuff from and about other sites that you have visited. It influences what ads appear, as we all know. It is unsettling sometimes. Set your profile carefully and stay logged off of FB except when actively using it.

Hell on Heels
03-15-2016, 10:16 AM
There are all kinds of online stores you can window shop, and yes most of them are using size zero 20 year old models.
With a few tweaks, many of the outfits can be made to work on a middle age woman who may be a bit larger.

And apparently Nikki isn't the only one that has a soft spot for hippos!
Much Love,
Kristyn

phylis anne
03-15-2016, 05:09 PM
hmm interesting thread ,
my daughter and I were talking about t/g's as I went to school with one and she looked me up and down and mentioned boy what a sight you would be in a mini and knee boots :eek: I replied no I would choose to look and act my age ,I mean really @61 and dressing like a 21 yr old lil trollop? LOL LOL mostly I mall watch over in seattle and the results are pretty good as to what appears the norm for any age group .
hugs phylis anne

Eryn
03-16-2016, 12:38 AM
Other than for CD specific items like beard cover, I haven't really used CDing sources to learn about clothing. I just started wearing stuff, made a few mistakes, and developed my own style over several years. I just look at what other women of my age and build are wearing and copy the looks I like.

Yes, I missed the boat on being 20something, but after watching many young ladies tugging down the hems of their minimal spandex bandage dresses I really don't envy them that much. I don't want to have to constantly monitor the modesty of my clothes while out and about!

Laurenlovecd
03-17-2016, 12:00 AM
I have my "Laura" Facebook page too. Not much info though, mostly just pic sharing and getting hit on by men all day.

Helena J
03-17-2016, 04:07 AM
Search for joseph harwood on youtube he gives alot of make up tutorials and cd tips also look at wayne goss youtube channel lots of makeup hacks and tips

larry
03-17-2016, 12:54 PM
I laugh every time I read this "getting hit on by men all day "

OCCarly
03-17-2016, 05:23 PM

My wife and I have so many out of the closet gay and transgender friends on facebook that that sort of thing happens to me anyway. It's way better than the constant stream of ads for liquor, hemorrhoid cream, and luxury cars that I got after a series of posts about the party my wife threw for me to celebrate the big 5-0.

KrisCDAZ
04-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Friends:

What a great thread! I am back into this after purging and a four-year layoff; I was not that great at makeup, but I will definitely look at the YouTube links here. Thanks, sisters!

Kris

Closeted Kat
04-03-2016, 08:32 PM
well i don't know about middle age, but just general tips, adrianna from the forum has a good site. sexy crossdresser gurl @ blogspot. I've found it pretty helpful in general. hope that helps ;)