PDA

View Full Version : Interesting.

rebecca_ns
03-13-2016, 07:44 PM
Since I finally accepted the fact that I am a CD and that's not going to change, I have noticed a few things. 1. I am watching my weight. The funny thing is, is that I am not conciously doing it. I just find myself making better eating decisions. 2. I am taking care of my skin. After 40 years of tearing the crap out of it, I am beginning to take care of it. I gave begun a moisturizing regimen, and have changed all my personal hygiene products to feminine ones with moisturizers. 3. Stopping the nail biting. This is one that I am taking an active stance on. I haven't bitten them in 4 days, which I believe is a new record for me. I am also wearing glossy clear nail polish at all times. Finally accepting who and what I am is the best thing ( other than my wife and daughter ) that has happened to me.

Mykaa
03-13-2016, 07:55 PM
Same here, I decided recently Yes I cross dress, this is me. I am happy this way, I eat better,my diet in general is way healthier, I take care of myself better, I gave my self a pretty decent pedicure today, I think,:D, I like Opi, I used nail strengthener after that I went with Dark Side of the Moon, Im pretty sure theres some pearl in that, its not just gray. I had silver before that. I have lost some weight around my mid section, I needed to, some of my clothes just dont look good on me like that!

PattyT
03-13-2016, 08:34 PM
I have had similar experiences, especiallly with eating and weight. As one gets older the fat tends to accumulate around the waste, which then makes buying the styles you want difficult. I made a posting on this in the Clothing Forum, which you might like to read:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?237512-Priority-CD-versus-food

Being a CD is not just about wearing female attire, but wearing the type that suits your CD needs. To do that, you might need to try to keep your physic rather on the slim side. This means paying careful attention to food, skin, and the like.
I can certainly identify with the two postings above.

Maria 60
03-13-2016, 09:06 PM
It's funny but it so true what your saying. Never was one to worry about my weight but as soon as a dress doesn't look right I start a weight program, and I have to have soft hands not to tear and ruin pantyhose. The male side worries more about the fem side, go figure.

Beverley Sims
03-14-2016, 10:54 AM
I have been practicing these grooming tricks since I was sixteen, it is second nature to me now.

Rhandi Spencer
03-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Since I have decided that I am a CDer I also have made changes in my lifestyle. The hardest for me is not biting my nails or picking the loose skin around the nails.
It drives my wife crazy and looks terrible. I am trying not todo it, adding lotion into my daily activities, etc.

My wife was getting her nails done the other day and I told her I should get mine done, it might help me not bite mine. She did not respond.

Oh well.

Have a great day girls

Randi-Sue

lily1974
03-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Funny thing personal grooming. Long before I realized I was a cd I tried to maintain some sort of person grooming technics. Having a high metabalism helps but there are many other things to consider. Nails, skin, teeth, hair and just overall stance on life. Having fought being a crossdresser for so many years I find getting my skin the hardest to respond. Specially the facial area. Last night while trying on a few dresses my so got for me I noticed what a nice body I have. Then as I panned up to my face I thought to myself. Why oh why did I never use sunblock. Or why did I ever start smoking. Once the wrenkles start there is no going back. Without harsh meds that is. But overall its who I am.

Hindesite is truelly 20/20. Once we realize we pay for the way we treat our younger selves the sooner we can work to somewhat repair what we did in the past. Its not always easy to remember to cleanse our facial pours. Or to wear gloves when working in the yard. But with a little dedication our femme side will thank us later.

Nikkilovesdresses
03-15-2016, 02:48 AM
I imagine there are nail polishes which taste horrible, designed to help deter nail biters...if the compulsion returns.

Otherwise well done- and exactly the same thing happened to me when my femme side surfaced 2 years ago, except my weight loss accelerated towards anorexia- I went from about 2,500-3,000 cals a day to about 600 in a matter of weeks and I started experiencing weird physical symptoms associated with the illness- at which point I got frightened and upped the intake again.

But now I eat sensibly, have cut way down on sugar, alcohol and bread, and although I don't have the waist I had for a while, I'm much healthier.

So be careful!

phylis anne
03-15-2016, 06:20 AM
very interesting thread,
Why is it as guys it is oh well good enough ,but when the girl side peeks out and proclaims herself we totally change our outlook as to fashion ,personal habits etc with me it is learning new dietary habits ,grooming and quit picking my nails to trim them ! I belive as was posted rebeca total self acceptance is what will eithe make or break us in the end
hugs phylis anne

carrie001
03-15-2016, 06:26 AM
This change in attitude happened to me almost two years ago and I've never been happier. ( maybe not the wieght part....)

Amalie
03-15-2016, 07:10 AM
I noticed this as well, grooming and skincare, more exercise and healthier diet (interesting thing on that is I went from soda to water with no will power required, just what I prefer to drink now; guess my view on soda just turned from being a soft drink to contaminated water rather).

Also nailbiting and/or sloppy/edgy clipping is gone as well, now i file and use a opi nude polish on them, and try being very careful not to break one as i try keeping them a little longer too (hate when they break but superglue have saved me a few times :heehee:)