PDA

View Full Version : Certified Authentic...

Jennifer-GWN
03-13-2016, 08:30 PM
I'll start this post with a bit of tongue and cheek...

I've been traveling for the past 10days on the west coast with a wide variety of highlights which I'll touch on later but the pivotal moment came on Friday evening at dinner.

Friday evening after a considerably long day on the job had the pleasure to have dinner in San Francisco with Melissa*2. Translation Melissa (aka Zooey) and the special invited guest Melissa (aka BadTranny).

I'd been looking forward to meeting BT for some time as I've been quite sensitive to the notion of seeing is believing given a few past experiences on this site which has made many very cautious.

Can say I came away with I think the stamp of approval...

So I've been certified... seemingly trivial but at the same time means a great deal in profound ways beyond the associated laugh we had at dinner.

This week and just concluded weekend was pretty special for me beyond the seemingly levity of being certificated.

I met Karen (aka karenpayneoregon) while in Oregon last weekend and her Cis friend (everyone needs a solid Cis friend) who help relieve some apprehensions around SRS. We had a chance just to hang out for a bit and just chat; girls at the mall chat.

I met Jennifer (aka jenniferathome) after a long day in the office in Portland and a flight to San Jose (I wont say how I got there but will say yes I'm spoiled). Jennifer and I had a very nice dinner out; again just 2 women out for dinner talking about family, kids, interests, and whatever else with no concerns about those around us (as it should be). She posted an introspective view here... http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?237914-A-noticeable-change-in-being-out-now

Friday evening after a considerably long day on the job had the pleasure to have dinner in San Francisco with Melissa*2. Translation Melissa (aka Zooey) and the special invited guest Melissa (aka Bad Tranny). This dinner was what sparked my side trip to San Francisco / San Jose to begin with. I'd been looking forward to meeting BT for some time since I'd skyped with her in the past but she appeared to remain cautiously optimistic regarding "true" status. I think we put that question to rest.

We had a lovely evening, ate considerably more than 3 ladies should in the end. There was no end of thought provoking conversation that spanned a wide spectrum which always results for me in much thought and introspection later.

The icing on the cake; which surprisingly came with a cherry on the top as well, was a Saturday afternoon and evening with Suzanne (the icing ... aka Suzanne F) and Ally (the cherry on top... aka AllySF). This was meetup just reinforced the fact that this forum is full of really solid GOOD MEANING PEOPLE who like to go out and enjoy the company of others and meet new people.

We all have interesting backgrounds and experiences, we are all trying to figure out ourselves and our place in society, we have our struggles, and our triumphs. In the end we are just trying to live our lives authentically irrespective of the paths we've taken and the choices we've made.

This week for me brought to the forefront the realization, with or without certification {grin} I've made it and solidly landed on my feet. I get up every morning and go about my day the way it should have been for so many years.

I continue to have struggles and hangups; everyone has these. Putting them aside; at the end of the day, the way I feel in who I've become makes these minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

I've said it before be true to yourself; whichever path you take. Life is far to short to squander on worries and fear, or doubt.

For me this week solidified the profound changes in my life over the past 12 months since coming out and going full time. It wasn't until this weekend that I realized the significance and gravity of that statement. I know categorically; that I'll not take what I feel for granted ever. The changes and differences are far too profound and its taken me the year to have this really truly sink it. Looking back yes going full time was big, getting my name change was equally big albeit drawn out, however, stability in authenticity is by far the best and most satisfying feeling.

My signature line stands firm (surprises me knowing when I wrote it initially) ... I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

I've had a fabulous week and weekend. Established new friendships, taken existing friendships to new levels, and in the process also learned more about myself.

I love my life now, I love who I've grown to become, and I cherish the moments that I get to spend with friend as I travel.

Cheers... Jennifer

I Am Paula
03-13-2016, 09:41 PM
Sounds like quite a week, cause I know you also worked your behind off. We'll catch up soon.

Jenniferathome
03-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Well Jennifer, I can't certify you as I have not had the training, as you know, but I can state that I know you are at peace. That's not a bad thing.

Zooey
03-14-2016, 01:07 AM
It was great to see you - we will definitely do it again sometime!

Suzanne F
03-14-2016, 01:29 AM
It was wonderful to be with you. You are lovely!
Suzanne

- - - Updated - - -

It was wonderful to be with you. You are lovely!
Suzanne

pamela7
03-14-2016, 03:46 AM
sounds a lovely, affirming experience

Zooey
03-14-2016, 04:22 AM
So I've been certified... seemingly trivial but at the same time means a great deal in profound ways beyond the associated laugh we had at dinner.

BTW, as the witness to this signing, I'll just let everybody else know that I'm more than happy to be the not-legally-sanctioned-in-any-way notary public for any other such signings in the future. My fee is payable in dinner and prosecco.

baileyjay
03-14-2016, 06:58 AM
sounds a lovely, affirming experience

Bria
03-14-2016, 08:58 AM
Sounds like a good time had by all!! It's nice to hear your about your extensive social schedule, go home and rest!

Hugs, Bria

pamela7
03-14-2016, 11:48 AM
i trust this "certified authentic" is a joke ;-)

Barbara Dugan
03-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Meeting AlliySF and Melissa (Badtranny) was the highlight of my two weeks road trip through the West.
I can't really claim be certified because I am still a very early work in progress ,that would require a little more time.
We are lucky to have girls like them on this site.

Eringirl
03-14-2016, 05:41 PM
As I have had my wings clipped, so to speak, and don't travel anywhere near as much as I used to, such opportunities for me are limited and somewhat unlikely. So, I live vicariously through yours. I am green with envy, and also so very pleased that you were able to meet all these great women. I wish I was there. Maybe someday, we can all get together and solidify our friendships. Oh, and if you need someone to carry your bags on your travels on private jets, let me know!!! Ha Ha.

Well done, so glad the arrangements all worked out and you got to spend some time with these gals.

Badtranny
03-14-2016, 10:35 PM
I'd been looking forward to meeting BT for some time since I'd skyped with her in the past but she appeared to remain cautiously optimistic regarding "true" status. I think we put that question to rest.

Oh jeez, you got issues lady! :-)

I want to tell everyone that Jennifer was delightful, It was a really great night of eating way more than I care to admit and interesting conversation. It was great to see Zooey all dressed up to meet an out of town friend and it was especially great to have Jennifer accost me the moment I walked in with her damn iPad.

flatlander_48
03-14-2016, 10:43 PM
J-G:

Way to leverage those business trips! Glad everything worked out.

You know, one of these days we're going to be finished moving in, so if anyone is passing through the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, etc.) let me know and perhaps we can hang out for a bit. Before I moved out here, I met three folks who post here and one that used to. It occurred to me that while we're all struggling with Something, there is a lot of hope and positive energy for what comes next and that makes me feel very good.

Best to all,

DeeAnn

Zooey
03-15-2016, 12:08 AM
It was great to see Zooey all dressed up to meet an out of town friend

LOLOLOLOLOL... Hoodie/jeans/t-shirt/sneakers == game developer semi-formal. :)

Just FYI, I had a nice blazer in the car, but I canceled it on account of lots of cold looking rain. :cool:

Marcelle
03-15-2016, 05:00 AM
Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like a great time and great meet ups. Goodness, I really have to leave public service and get me one of those private sector jobs that allow me to jet set around . . . can you note the envy in my words :). Good old military . . . I get to travel just to places where I am sure I won't be meeting any of the gals from here . . . not mention places like wonderful Gagetown NB :)

Seriously though, I am glad you had a great time . . . As Erin said, I'll just have to live vicariously through your travels. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Marcelle

I Am Paula
03-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Yeah, and I have to catch you for a quick coffee between the West coast, and Europe. Tough life, but I'm glad you can stop for a minute anyway.

Zooey
03-15-2016, 03:17 PM
i trust this "certified authentic" is a joke ;-)

I missed this bit... Certainly it was a bit cheeky - I think that all had at least a bit of a chuckle about it; my chuckle was prosecco flavored. That said...

I can't speak for her, but I believe that (cheeky or not) it meant something to Jennifer. I think that on some level we all want to feel accepted, to be validated, by people whom we respect and/or admire in some way. If that little gesture made Jennifer feel validated, then to me it was a great thing.

flatlander_48
03-15-2016, 03:36 PM
There is often the greatest meaning in the smallest of events...

DeeAnn

pamela7
03-15-2016, 03:47 PM
yes, happy for her.

PretzelGirl
03-15-2016, 09:24 PM
What a great weekend (won't talk about the how :D )! And I think we are all certifiable. I am still dang jealous of all of you. Some day.....

BTW, no pictures????

Jennifer-GWN
03-15-2016, 10:54 PM
...all in good fun Pamela but has its roots in some past history on the site.

In 2 weeks it's back to Europe for several weeks and looking forward to being in the UK in particular...Just sayin.

We have quite a nice community of people here. Regular contributors and those who follow each other's progress and in doing so are there to offer advice or step in if offline chats are needed (the shoulder to cry on, the sisterly advice, or just a place to rant to chat).

For those who take the step to go beyond the basic posting and somewhat annonomous presence that sites like this offers; you'll be surprised at what you'll find. The folks I've met in my travels are fun, interesting, provide interesting and challenging perspectives, and many in the end I consider friends going well beyond the (ts topics that constitute this site). I can only hope that the folks I meet in my travels can say the same about me.

Life is too short, and as much as I enjoy the threads and postings; nothing beats meeting people F2F... Not as a badge of honor or certification of authenticity, but to sit with really good people, enjoy a meal, a drink, and spend some good times together.

Call me old fashion in this digital age but I'm not just an ID or user name I geniunely care about people and how they are doing.

Is that so strange a concept or has the digital age truly won and we are all just IDs and posts?

...the wayward traveler...who when home always has the door open and something in the fridge to cook up if someone out of the blue decides to stop by...

Cheers... Jennifer

pamela7
03-16-2016, 04:30 AM
sounds great to me. I've met two people from this forum so far, and yes it's really worth it.

flatlander_48
03-16-2016, 05:25 AM
Call me old fashion in this digital age but I'm not just an ID or user name I geniunely care about people and how they are doing.

Is that so strange a concept or has the digital age truly won and we are all just IDs and posts?

Unfortunately the digital age has a way of separating us. Those of us of a Certain Age functioned just fine before the Internet, but times change. We adjust and adapt. That doesn't necessarily make it better; just different...

DeeAnn

Bria
03-16-2016, 10:01 AM
The digital age has a way of separating us , but it has a way of bringing us together. I have met f2f maybe a half a dozen of those on this site, but I have met so many others only here, but have come to see them as multi-dimensional friends that I would never have met otherwise, and I'm glad of that.

I agree with Jennifer that we all are so much more than a user id and meeting f2f adds so much to what we can know otherwise about our online friends.

That said, I cherish all of you here and feel a real and close connection to you and your aspirations, struggles, and successes. I remember all here in my prayers on a regular basis.

Hugs, Bria

I Am Paula
03-16-2016, 10:18 AM
I love meeting friends from here, or FB, in the real world. We all have expectations, and it's interesting to see how the match up.
So far, I've been extremely lucky, in that my RW meetings have led to friendships. One girl, we had coffee twice, and wordlessly decided FB was friends enough. Thus is life.