PDA

View Full Version : Weekend

Rhandi Spencer
03-14-2016, 11:39 AM
This was a interesting weekend for me.
I was full of excitement as I went to get a bra fitting only to get there and not be able to go through with it.
I had my forms, a camisole and just could not go in and get the fitting. EPIC FAILURE. However I am ok with this and know it is a matter of time.

Wonder who else has had this happen to them.

Randi Sue

MissDanielle
03-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Which store did you go to?

I contacted a manager a few days before my forms came. Picking up my bra on Wed!

Pat
03-14-2016, 12:24 PM
I haven't had that particular issue but I expect most of us have had cases where our confidence failed. Don't worry about it. Forgive yourself and try again later. When it's important it'll happen. It helps if you grease the skids to give yourself a greater chance of success, like Miss Danielle has done -- set up an appointment; make sure you're welcome -- these things aren't required but they can add to your confidence and make things just a little easier. Take the advice of your avatar (that's currently saying, "You go girl!")

Tara Rushing
03-14-2016, 12:57 PM
Jeannie is right. Forgive yourself and move forward. Don't dwell on it. We've all had fear get the best of us!!!

Diversity
03-14-2016, 01:35 PM
That's ok. You can overcome this and no doubt will!
Good luck to you. We're all here to support you.
Di

Rhandi Spencer
03-14-2016, 01:43 PM
Thanks Ladies,
That is one thing I love about this forum, everyone is very supportive.

Randi Sue

Rhonda Jean
03-14-2016, 01:48 PM
If you're new to this, jumping right into a bra fitting is quite a big step. I've never had a bra fitting. I think it's unnecessary and I think it puts the fitter in a bit of a bad spot. I know that's not popular opinion. If you just want a bra that fits, it's a pretty straightforward process to do it yourself. If it's for any other reason you shouldn't be doing it at all.

Mikal
03-14-2016, 06:54 PM
Well said, Rhonda Jean - those would be my thoughts as well!

donnalee
03-14-2016, 10:16 PM
I've had a lot of times where I've tried something I wasn't comfortable with. Most times I've gone through with it by convincing myself there was no logical reason not to. Fear is what we let it be, but reason should prevail. Try to go through all possible outcomes step by step until you are convinced you will not come to harm and you will increase your confidence past all point of doubt.
Then do it.

Samantha981
03-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Hi Randi, don't worry about it I'm most of us have had our moments and backed out. I'm always a bit nervous, but if trying something new and was too nervous I wouldn't feel natural anyway and it might not work out. So go when you're ready! It could be that getting that close was the baby step you needed to go the next step the next time.
I like what Donna said about thinking through the scenarios of what might happened and what I might respond, what happens next,, etc. I do that all the time. Gives me the confidence I'll be natural, and not stumble for an answer when a SA asks questions. I may not think of all the answers and usually don't but the process gives me confidence and it always works out.
I've had the topic of bra fitting come up a couple times. last fall I went into a VS in male mode a few days ahead of a femme weekend. Big gulp as I approached the store and asked about fittings, that what I was after was a natural size and shape - SA said no problem, come on it when ready she was one of the fitters and happy to help. I did a few days later but she wasn't working. Told the SA that approached me that was looking for a bra to give me a natural look for my frame size, that I had essentially nothing or A size myself - she picked up on that - and I know when up close I'm not gonna pass - and said she'd set me up with the fitter on duty. Went back and in the end she didn't "fit" me but asked what band I wore, 38 , told her what I was looking for and she grabbed a few to let me try on. I put my top on over each one so she could check and we picked one out. During all this time she said her brother was transitioning and happy to help me.

Another time... a few months ago en femme was rummaging through the VS clearance bins. Oh what fun :daydreaming: . SA asks me what I'm looking for so she has help. Mentioned just looking for something cute for a deal. She asked if I wanted a bra fitting - yikes didn't expect that - and out of panic declined. But really didn't expect to buy one and didn't want to waste her time. And if she didn't pick up that I wasn't GG didn't want to shock her either! I'd be surprise if she didn't know frankly and was truly being helpful - to get a sale of course. In hindsight do I wish I'd taken her up on it? Yes. But I won't feel bad about it either.

Sorry got long here... but really don't want you to feel bad - very typical and it might happen again just keep trying!! :)

Beverley Sims
03-14-2016, 11:25 PM
The first time I had a bra fitting I was not sure of my size and the SA said pop into that room, take your shirt off and I will be back.

I just followed orders and she fitted me, I was seventeen.

I still get uneasy on occasions, I don't know why.