PDA

View Full Version : changeing my name

marshalynn
03-16-2016, 11:21 PM
I have been going to the same hair dresser weekly for about three years. I have my natural hair below my shoulder blades, that I love to get roller sets or what I feel like that week. When I started going I used my male name. Over the years I started to go 100% fem each week. So last week I told Mary Ann, my hair dresser I wanted to change my name to Marsha. It was hard for me to tell her this, I don't know why, but it was. I come weekly with makeup and nail polish just like any of the other women. It took several months to make me self do this, I don't know why this was so hard for me. Also asked to be referred to as female from now on. She said no problem, but she may make a mistake now and then, I just laughed and said I was not going to slap her. Have any of you had a problem like this over some thing so simple. Marshalynn

Lauri K
03-17-2016, 08:52 AM
It's only fitting that the salon refer to you as Marsha, after all you are going there dressed and you are a paying customer.

I can see where the long legacy of them using your old name could lead to a period of adjustment though, hopefully it will be short time to get accustomed to using the femme name you prefer.

Similiar to you I use my femme name for every appointment I make for hair and nails too, so far there have never been any problems. I also have a credit card with my femme name that I use, that is also a great when paying the cashier. Over time I have changed my name at several other places and never had any issues.