PDA

View Full Version : Casa Valentina adventure

joank
03-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Many of us know of the play and the literature based on a series of pictures found not too long ago. I will not spoil the plot incase you see or read the play. However, this St. Pat's Day I sucked it up (after a long disappearance from the general public) and attended the play at the Pasadena Playhouse in Pasadena, CA.

I went all out on my non-Irish blood. I had on a dark green dress set with contrasting sleeved wrap, green rings, Kelly green purse and Kelly green heels (nude panty hose too). I had to drive two hours and near the playhouse I missed my exit, had to do some inventive searching and finally arrived at the parking ramp, asked directions from the attendant to the theatre, changed out of my flats to the heels and headed to the show.

Well, due to being lost, I was late to the Curtin opening, had to find will call inside (tickets under my name here) and be directed to the entrance. Once in the theatre, I was ushered to a very nice seat , second row, balcony, center stage. Not the seat I had purchased but even better. (I was about 15 min late.)
BTW, this was not a sellout so I had a pick of seats.

I exited at the end of the show through a throng of theatre goers, smiled at some of the ladies & guys (received smiles back) and went to my vehicle. One twenties gal really checked out my shoes as I came down the outside stairs (using the railing).

So here I am, not lynched or jailed and had a nice evening. I will do this again sometime if the opportunity avails itself.

Not to give anything away but the play is about crossdressers and I wanted to represent us in the best possible light so I think I looked really nice and was better dressed than most of the audience. (Isn't that usually the case?)

Julia1984
03-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Hi Joan
These are interesting times here in England with it being the centenary of the Easter Rising coming up in April. Whatever your politics I'm sure we would all like to see photos of the dress!
Julia

harmony
03-18-2016, 06:22 PM
thank you for standing up for us!!

Chelsea B
03-18-2016, 06:45 PM
Joan, I'm so glad you posted this, as I was not aware of the play.
Now, I plan to go see it and am about to purchase tickets for my wife and I.

joank
03-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Julia,
Here, across the pond, anyone and everyone can wear green on St. Patrick's Day It is much more holiday and much less political statement.
BTW, I have all Germanic heritage (as far as I can find) And a minimum of third generation American.

Harmony'
I hope I did okay. Like I said, no negatives that I could see.
Chelsea,
Have a great time. Pasadena is a nice place to go to.

Chelsea B
03-18-2016, 07:46 PM
"Pasadena is a nice place to go to."

Yes, indeed. It's not too far for me, and I've been to the Playhouse before. It's a great venue!

susie evans
03-19-2016, 11:16 AM
HI Joan
I wish we could have met up and gone to the play together a couple of mature ladies out for the evening , glad you enjoyed the play
I have seen it before in New York a few years ago hope to see it in Pasadena with time permitting , I like the Pasadena play house Susie has been there several times some time's we have dinner next door at the Red White plus Blue's then take in the play , thank's for the report

Susie

bridget thronton
03-20-2016, 03:15 AM
Sounds lovely likeva great outing

reb.femme
03-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Another post has been asking about going out to concerts, which brought back a thought of going to a local...ish theatre, same as you've just done. With my luck, they wouldn't have let me in once I was late.

Glad you had a great time and creamed in with a seat upgrade too. With regard to dress standards, if a TG person can't glam up for an occasion like this, when can they? :heehee:

Becky