PDA

View Full Version : Oops... Outed myself while getting a waxing.

njcddresser
03-19-2016, 11:32 AM
For the past few months, I've been getting my chest waxed every 3-4 weeks. It feels great and is much easier than shaving it every couple days.

So, I had an appointment yesterday, and prior to going, I had been fully dressed, including a bra.

I was dressed in drab for my appt.

I get to my appointment, and remove my shirt. The marks made by my bra were completely visible. Not just strap marks, I mean the full shape of the bra. I thought to myself, 'OK Jackie. Just smile and deal with it.'

It was quite obvious that the girl doing my waxing had seen the marks. How could you not? She remained completely professional but felt that she treated me a little more feminine than she may have otherwise. I was a wonderful experience and will probably get my legs waxed at some point in the future.

She complimented me on my eyebrows which I get waxed when I get my nails done. She also asked if I may be interested in also getting my legs / arms waxed at some point in the future.

Jenn A116
03-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Sounds like you need to make that next appointment!

Liz57
03-19-2016, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a good outing.

Liz57:battingeyelashes:

Allisa
03-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Why not go somewhat androgynous next time and work your way from there? After all if she's noticing other places that have been done and suggests more feminine areas to get done, she probably knows now so "no harm no foul".

Mickitv
03-19-2016, 12:23 PM
I love getting waxed. Most of the ladies have been very professional about it. However, I never got a brazilian wax.

Rachelakld
03-19-2016, 04:13 PM
I go fully dressed, girls are more caring if you go in in female mode, otherwise your perseved as a tough bloke.

Linda E. Woodworth
03-19-2016, 05:45 PM
As far as getting other areas waxed, I say GO FOR IT!

I love the feel of my skin after I get waxed.

Now that she obviously knows something is up and was fine with it there is no reason not to.

lingerieLiz
03-19-2016, 09:54 PM
When I go to get my hair cut I wear a bra most of the time. My C cups project and the gal never says anything. She has done my hair for years. One day the top I had on seemed to collect loose hair. She reached down and carefully brushed off the hair from the girls where most of the hair had collected.

Jocee
03-20-2016, 07:34 AM
Go for a full body wax. It is the only way to go, and after three or four times your hair comes in finer, and finer..... Over time I have shared my story with my waxer. It's actually important because she now pays attention to things like by bikini line etc

Sarasometimes
03-20-2016, 08:11 AM
No doubt she noticed them in view of her complements on your brows and the arm leg wax suggestions. I can't wax but if I could I think chest, legs and underarms would be my top three areas to try. I think underarm and leg waxing are definite girly wax services beside the obvious brow. Have you thought about getting your brows done by her too?
Enjoy you smoothness!
Oh i actually have been waxed twice, my back at a beauty school...great place for that service, they were so happy to be able to practice and with 2 students doing it at once it took no time.

MissTee
03-20-2016, 10:18 AM
I've done some investing in spa's and salons over the years. From research into preparing for that, I'll share that most Salon/spa workers are taught and encouraged to upsell services (and products). A significant portion of their compensation comes from that, and helps the spa profit as well. Thus, the good ones have learned to be very observant of a person and to coach the customer to their needs, which then leads to a sell. Treating you nice comes with the turf for the successful ones. This is true of almost all spa/salon establishments except perhaps for the strip mall sweat shop breed of salon.

I have a favorite small private spa I go to and there I am just "one of the girls" even though I always go in drab. The service is wonderful and they treat me special every time, and I keep coming back. I say all that to encourage you to enjoy all the services you want because they really don't care about your motivations or proclivities. They'll work hard to earn your repeat business and help you feel good about it.

CONSUELO
03-20-2016, 10:35 AM
As long as you behaved politely as a client, she probably does not care. To her you are just another customer.
I have my body waxed regularly and the lady who does it is very pleasant and over the years has become a friend and confidante. We chat about our personal lives and struggles during the session but are polite and proper with one another. It is a professional relationship and that is all that matters. So, don't worry about it and give her the return business.

suzanne
03-20-2016, 03:41 PM
If you are getting your chest and eyebrows waxed and your nails done, you were OUT to the workers at the salon before they ever saw a bra strap mark on you. LOL

Heidi Stevens
03-20-2016, 04:40 PM
I did an upper body wax just before Keystone at a small spa near me. The lady that gave me my first back waxing last fall also did this one. I've been on HRT now for a year, and the girls are quite noticeable. She did my back first and commented how the hair was much thinner and finer. When done, I rolled over to have my chest and stomach done and she immediately notice these were not "moobs". She remained professional and went about her job, but the conversation did change a bit after that. She too recommended other services that she could do in the future. Never came right out and told her nor did she ask, but I think we were both on the same page. I gave her a big tip for remaining professional.

BLUE ORCHID
03-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Hi Jackie:hugs:, Been there and done that, I went to my 08:00 AM Doctor appointment and
when I took my undershirt off for the EKG there was the bra marks the
Nurse just acted like she didn't see them and not a word was said about it. :hugs: