PDA

View Full Version : Actual or Theatrical

CarlaWestin
03-19-2016, 11:49 AM
When you dress, is your focus on being as close to a female in presentation as possible or, are you emulating a desirable look and effect that is theatrically exciting?

I think I lean more to the theatrical side of this as my time chunks are limited. And the fact that fantasy usually takes over the theme. But, if the situation was that I could be out and about all day, I can nail the subtle passable presentation.

You should see the images that I'm not posting!

nikkiwindsor
03-19-2016, 02:40 PM
I try to present my outer feminine appearance to be in harmony with my inner feminine self

GinFizzieLizzie
03-19-2016, 03:38 PM
I opt for a look that is a bit more on the subtle, muted side. I tend to prefer cozy sweaters, modest blouses, skirts at or just above the knee, with makeup as light as possible. I guess I would call it an attempt at a somewhat realistic look, albeit with a few particular style icons in mind.

Rhonda Jean
03-19-2016, 03:55 PM
99% of the time I dress to pass. Always have. Well, not counting when I'm 50/50. Once or twice a year I'm just intensely driven to push the envelope, though. It's like it recharges my batteries. The shorter, the tighter, the lower cut, the higher the heels the better. I'll be nervous to the point my knees are shaking and I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack. It's very exciting and very scary. I'll do that for one evening and I'm back to the girl next door for six months.

I've got to say though, Carla, some of your pics make me wonder what it'd be like to go out kinda like that. I wouldn't go as far as you do, but I've been tempted to try just a little of that. I'm almost the opposite. I almost never even wear forms anymore. Enhancers is as big as I go. I love showing cleavage, so I'm big into pushup bras and the little adders you get with them sometimes, but it's (almost) all me. You've tempted me though,girl.

Robin414
03-19-2016, 05:19 PM
Great post Carla, I like your take on the theatrical presentation, I totally get that!

Over the winter months I've adopted a tween look that I really like but when I go all in I do try to 'blend' as much as possible.

That said I still remember (never forget) the first time out in day light and the first time out in over 20 yrs. I think I looked like Marilyn Monro took up prostitution and I was stalked by a city parks worker in his truck...nearly pooed my panties that morning!

pamela7
03-19-2016, 06:07 PM
practical, warm, comfortable and feminine; actual.

Jenniferathome
03-19-2016, 06:19 PM
I try for a look that would appear natural in the setting in which I find myself. I can be more dramatic going to the theatre or fine dining and I go with nude palest for daytime or casual outings. I want to blend as best I can.

docrobbysherry
03-20-2016, 12:18 AM
"Theatrical" u call it, Carla? Ok, if u say so.

Since I can't pass no matter how doudy I dress, I usually don't even try. Besides, looking like a homely old lady is boring. Not satifying for me in any way.:thumbsdn:

My 1st choice is to resemble the women I find attractive. Be it their outfits, figures, poses, nudity--------whatever! :D

My 2nd choice is to copy "theatrically" appearing women. Meaning women that look unusual, remarkable, bigger than life, etc.

For from being relaxing and expressing my inner girl, I try to look as unmale and un myself as possible. I find my efforts distract me from my humdrum, repetative, everyday life. And, can be downrite exciting when I hit the female look I'm aiming for! :daydreaming:

Carla, I'll bet for every pic u can't post here, I have a 100 or more!:o

Launa
03-20-2016, 12:34 AM
I'm all about glitz, sequins, sparkles and trying to be glamorous. I don't try to blend at all when I'm out at the bar. Daytime is different though!

Teresa
03-20-2016, 01:53 AM
Carla,
Mine isn't theatrical it's not an act ! I dress to fulfill my female needs , now that I'm attending social meetings thoughts about being passable don't particularly worry me, my presentation isn't perfect but then many GGs aren't either, maybe as a CDer I still go over the top , some women dress in drab to a certain degree . However I choose to go out I'm fairly happy with my look , whether I look desirable or not is debatable but then I'm not interested in admirers !

kittie60
03-20-2016, 03:23 AM
I usually dress a little drabbish when out on the road. Once it twice a week I'll dress nicely as most office women do.glitzy when I have meetings with clients or going to fancy place.all and all just a plain working woman look I'm happy with

Cheryl T
03-20-2016, 09:43 AM
I'm sure that years ago I would have said the Theatrical was more me. Now that I've grown older and go out frequently I'm more the "average woman". At times I could be the soccer mom next door or the woman in the office cubicle next to yours. It depends now more on where I'm going and the weather than anything else.

Angie G
03-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Some times I love to glam up aome times I just want a skirt and blouse. But I alway want something girly be it over or under. It's more actual for me.:hugs:
Angie

stacycoral
03-20-2016, 10:12 AM
I would say actual normal woman dress,

MsVal
03-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I am a woman, albeit a senior woman with a male anatomy.

My goal is to dress in a way that makes me feel comfortable. Socially comfortable, physically comfortable, and emotionally comfortable. Feeling ill at ease with my presentation deprives me of the happiness I would otherwise have.

Other people have their own personal and valid reasons for presenting differently.

Best wishes
MsVal

CarlaWestin
03-20-2016, 10:53 AM
"Theatrical" u call it, Carla? Ok, if u say so.

Since I can't pass no matter how doudy I dress, I usually don't even try. Besides, looking like a homely old lady is boring. Not satifying for me in any way.:thumbsdn:

My 1st choice is to resemble the women I find attractive. Be it their outfits, figures, poses, nudity--------whatever! :D

My 2nd choice is to copy "theatrically" appearing women. Meaning women that look unusual, remarkable, bigger than life, etc.

For from being relaxing and expressing my inner girl, I try to look as unmale and un myself as possible. I find my efforts distract me from my humdrum, repetative, everyday life. And, can be downrite exciting when I hit the female look I'm aiming for! :daydreaming:

Carla, I'll bet for every pic u can't post here, I have a 100 or more!:o

I use the word 'theatrical' very loosely as an alternative to actual. I have an appreciation for those of you that experience an authentic feminine existence.
I think 'theatrical' just kinda' picks up all the rest.

Interesting note: When I had my first makeover it was fabulous but, up close it was expertly calculated layers of theatrical effect that led to the whole picture. (in avatar)
Like, if you look real close, it's obviously not actual. But, from five feet away, perfect.

Sherry, you nailed it when you said, "bigger"!

I usually dress a little drabbish when out on the road. Once it twice a week I'll dress nicely as most office women do.glitzy when I have meetings with clients or going to fancy place.all and all just a plain working woman look I'm happy with

Interesting. It sounds like your situation is that you carry on everyday life in actual mode. It's business so you are under elevated scrutiny which negates anything 'theatrical'.
I couldn't imagine being that 'out'.

:straightface:

carhill2mn
03-20-2016, 02:20 PM
I always strive to look as much like a nicely groomed and dressed woman as possible.

CarlaWestin
03-20-2016, 02:38 PM
I always strive to look as much like a nicely groomed and dressed woman as possible.

Carole, I've known of you for such a long time now thanks to the internet. You are a cherished mentor. Thank you.

Allisa
03-20-2016, 03:24 PM
I guess you could say I'm in the actual category, although my look is somewhat theatrical in the fact that I'm disguising my male characteristics. If I never get noticed when I'm out than I'm happy and I am then actual, so in a way I'm both, kind of like my fluidity.

Krisi
03-21-2016, 07:52 AM
My focus is on looking and feeling like an actual woman. The sister I never had.

I don't think I am actually a woman so in that sense, I'm play acting and that might be considered "theatrical".

phylis anne
03-21-2016, 06:36 PM
A lot of people watching at malls etc has shown me that there are many faces to being a women appearance wise you have the glamour queen , the dressed like a hussy at a pub and then you have the plain brown wrapper who seems to dominate now compared to 30 yrs ago the plain brown wrapper blends in well hardly noticed in the mix these are my favorite and are my mentor for when I do go out ,don't get me wrong really dolled up can be very satisfying too
hugs phylis anne

BLUE ORCHID
03-21-2016, 08:10 PM
Hi Carla:hugs:, I always try to present as feminine as possible. :hugs:

Robbin_Sinclair
03-21-2016, 08:53 PM
My focus is on looking and feeling like an actual woman. The sister I never had.

I don't think I am actually a woman so in that sense, I'm play acting and that might be considered "theatrical".

I feel that I am much a part of theater, having done many parts in community theater. I spent a lot of time literally fantasizing the backstory of the character(s) that I play in a show.

Coming back to CD, after a period of time having "grown out of it." When I dress I seek to bring out the different person that I am. I sm Robbin. Robbin is me. She is my life. I sm in her life.

Love being back. Just had s wonderful few minutes putting in that final order in at Suddenly Fem. CD, trans-wanta bee or whatever it is I sm that girl. That's about it. :hugs: r

- - - Updated - - -

I feel that I am much a part of theater, having done many parts in community theater. I spent a lot of time literally fantasizing the backstory of the character(s) that I play in a show.

Coming back to CD, after a period of time having "grown out of it." When I dress I seek to bring out the different person that I am. I sm Robbin. Robbin is me. She is my life. I sm in her life.

Love being back. Just had s wonderful few minutes putting in that final order in at Suddenly Fem. CD, trans-wanta bee or whatever it is I sm that girl. That's about it. :hugs: r

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ressie
03-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Theatrical sounds like cosplay which I don't do. I've heard of fantasy dressing which may be what you're referring to? There is an element of acting in my female presentation. And I also have photos that demonstrate a bit of acting in the way I pose.

ashley_addams76
03-21-2016, 10:20 PM
Time is limited for me, so being able to dress in something more exciting, like sheath dress, pantyhose, high heels, press on nails and make up; like I am now is the reason it is fantasy for me.

Samantha981
03-21-2016, 11:06 PM
Mostly actual, trying to blend in for me. However, since I don't get out much, I do tend to glam up a bit more on the actual side. Of course the same for GGs, many wear minimal makeup, wear flats and simple clothes while others put on heels, more dramatic makeup, and cutting edge clothes. So the actual covers a wide variety I suppose. In the past few months I've moved more to less dramatic clothes but kept dramatic makeup... I feel I need it to cover up my old face to blend in !!!!

PattyT
03-21-2016, 11:14 PM
My crossdressing is certainly not an act. It's the real me. Being in drab is the act. I have to pretend or act that this is natural.
I have also done some cosplay, using Japanese schoolgirl uniform, sailor suit types. I've got some amazing results with this, but at this point I rarely do cosplay.
I am into Lolita fashion at this point which for me at least far outshines anything else as far a female attire goes and I'm thrilled with it.

Sarasometimes
03-22-2016, 07:05 AM
I'm use the same makeup counter and clothing style look that Carhill aims for. I aim to blend almost all of the time but since i need a bit more than tinted moisturizer to come close I often go for the more made up version of all the women doing what I'm doing.

sonialexis
03-22-2016, 07:24 AM
interesting thread, I would say I like a little drama. So my look would be stylish and sexy but my presentation could be theatrical.