PDA

View Full Version : A question of etiquette

melissalynn
03-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Recently I passed by a Lane Bryant which had a bra and panty displayed on a mannequin in the window. Its bright springlike pattern caught my eye and I made a mental note to acquire it when the opportunity and mood arose. Turns out my wife bought the same bra for herself after seeing it on the internet.(For some reason, she never buys the matching panty. I don't get that.) She's generally accepting of my occasional dressing but I'm not sure if she'd appreciate it if I "copied" her style; not that she'd necessarily find out but one should always assume its possible. Anyone have this happen?

RADER
03-20-2016, 01:51 PM
Well what she buys for herself, is her's to wear or not to wear.
Not what you buy for yourself is yours to wear.
Now can you tell what each of you is wearing at any given time??
I would say your safe.
Rader

Tracii G
03-20-2016, 02:27 PM
No rule that you have to buy the matching set is there?
I guess that is what you prefer but to each their own,

Eryn
03-20-2016, 05:19 PM
As they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Mimi and I wear the same size and have some of the same bras, simply because they work for both of us. We are more interested in function than appearance. As I have developed and sometimes forgo forms I have some different bras to suit my smaller size and support needs.

The "matching panty" thing is pretty much a ripoff. The matching panties tend to be overpriced and not as wearable as panties purchased separately. There is also the practical issue of panties being changed every day, while bras tend not to be.

Krisi
03-21-2016, 07:49 AM
My wife and I have some bras and panties that are the same but in different sizes. None are fancy enough that anyone would think one of us was copying the other. As Eryn posted, both of us consider function more than appearance. It's just underwear.

If you are worried that your wife will be upset if you buy a bra similar to one of hers, ask her.

Teresa
03-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Look at it from a different way, the retail shops sell their clothes etc. based very much on public demand , GGs will often wear something nice despite thousands of other people buying the same item. I don't think my wife would be upset if I bought the same item . As for matching underwear, I love it all to match but my wife will wear clean panties everyday so she won't always wear matching items.

Tracii G
03-21-2016, 08:21 PM
I have one really pretty bra and it is not comfy at all. I still wear it tho'.
Most of mine are just regular bras (prints,colors etc.) I would rather it functions like it should than fight it all day.

pamela7
03-22-2016, 03:44 AM
it depends on your relationship. i'm lucky that we do wear matching or complementary clothing so I can do what I like there. Many is the day we discover we've put on matching clothing "by accident".

BLUE ORCHID
03-22-2016, 06:07 AM
Hi Melissa Lynn:hugs:, I think that it depends on how your wife feels, Some would be totally accepting and others it would be a big turnoff .:daydreaming:

Beverley Sims
03-22-2016, 06:52 AM
My wife bought us matching red and black negligee sets some time ago, that was fun.

Mariselle
03-22-2016, 08:43 PM
No need to unnecessarily rock the boat. Don't buy it.

sometimes_miss
03-23-2016, 12:19 AM
As they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Absolutely.

The "matching panty" thing is pretty much a ripoff. The matching panties tend to be overpriced and not as wearable as panties purchased separately. There is also the practical issue of panties being changed every day, while bras tend not to be.
I don't know about that; we tend to forget that fancy stuff is to make 'an outfit'. It's primarily for how it looks. And of course, we pay extra for that. Every once in a while, comes along a set where the panty really IS comfortable and fancy AND COMES IN HUGE SIZES! On those days it feels like I won a prize, and I order a set overnight shipping so I can order more if it fits.

Krisi
03-23-2016, 07:49 AM
The matching bra and panty thing only matters if someone is going to see them. Who will that be and are you trying to impress them?

Now matching a bra to a blouse can be important at times. Sometimes you can see through the blouse or the straps show.