PDA

View Full Version : The funny side of things :)

xNicolex
03-20-2016, 10:55 PM
So do you think being a crossdresser makes you a better person? Do you find you have a better sense of humour? because I think thats something everyone should have to some degree , better understanding of people and their needs, a better appreciation for different walks of life etc. I find it does for me but what about you?

Robin414
03-20-2016, 11:04 PM
Absolutely it does (for me at least). I find I'm sooo much more sensitive, my SO has noticed it as well, I'm not the 'raging bull in a china shoppe' I used to be...a good thing I suppose!

AnnieMac
03-20-2016, 11:20 PM
I dunno about a better person but it makes me a fuller person because dressing makes me experience more of myself.
Kind of hard to explain, it makes me emotional sometimes. I'm so happy I have this Annie part of me, even with all of the downside that crossdressing brings on. The she part of me makes me smile.

dana digs sweaters
03-20-2016, 11:20 PM
A better understanding person for sure.
We know what happens on the other side of the street.
Humour happens whether or not if I am in a skirt and heels ;)

Mykaa
03-20-2016, 11:26 PM
A door opened recently, someone came out the other side, her name is Mykaa, the person who used to be there isnt here anymore, this person is happy and positive, so a definite Yes to that Nicole.

bridget thronton
03-21-2016, 01:48 AM
I have been more attentive to other people

sometimes_miss
03-21-2016, 05:33 AM
Being a crossdresser necessitated plenty of studying human behavior, and accepting myself as well as all the variances in other people. So, yes. Even more, was being an outcast as a kid; I learned what it felt like to be singled out for something I had no control over, and how must feel for anyone who's not part of the popular group or clique for long periods of time. The downside was the extreme loneliness and depression that went with that experience, and I can only wonder how many other kids killed themselves due to that type of horrific experience. What's even more disturbing is that nothing has changed; society still treats those who are different as less worthy of them, resulting in the same problems. Sure, we're working on it, but there is still so much of an 'us' vs 'them' dynamic set up during our childhood years that I don't ever see it ending. The belief that competition is so necessary, I think there will always be some who use absolutely anything to get the upper hand against their rival, even truly evil behaviors.

phylis anne
03-21-2016, 06:35 AM
I feel a lot calmer inside ,more positive outside moods are better people at work have not figured this one out yet :D overall dressing even if only under has a positive effect on me

BLUE ORCHID
03-21-2016, 07:10 AM
Hi Nicole:hugs:, I'm a pretty nice person no matter what I'm wearing.:daydreaming:

Robin414
03-21-2016, 09:27 AM
Being here a while now I think I'm qualified to back that up Orchid, I'm pretty sure you are a very nice person! ☺

mdavis
03-21-2016, 09:51 AM
Absolutely. There was a time that I never could have imagined myself doing the job I currently do (in the healthcare field). I strongly believe that the feminine side of me (that I believe has become stronger through my crossdressing more often) allows me to do my job better. I've always been a caring and compassionate person but, I believe that the stronger my feminine side gets, the more that's accentuated. Hope that makes sense.

reb.femme
03-21-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm with AnnieMac's reply, in that I'm a fuller, perhaps enriched person from my dressing. I so enjoy this part of me, I wish I could do it more, but without losing my wife.

Becky

Beverley Sims
03-21-2016, 11:01 AM
As a cross dresser I feel I have a broader understanding of both sides of life, judgement may not necessarily be as good but I "THINK" I understand women better than the average male. :-)

Acastina
03-21-2016, 12:05 PM
I dunno about a better person but it makes me a fuller person because dressing makes me experience more of myself.
Kind of hard to explain, it makes me emotional sometimes. I'm so happy I have this Annie part of me, even with all of the downside that crossdressing brings on. The she part of me makes me smile.

What she said. She smiles a lot more than he does, and there's some kind of life lesson in that. A therapist once opined that I gave her all the good things and left him with the other stuff, but the deeper question is why I would do that, instinctively and habitually.

Another Annie.

paulaprimo
03-21-2016, 12:34 PM
i'd like to think that i'm a nice person no matter how i'm dressed also...
but dressing makes me feel good so it certainly affects my personality.
it calms me down and i am a much happier person. i tend to be more polite,
more aware of my manners, laugh a lot more, very friendly, and have a much
longer fuse not letting the little things bother me. :)

Judy-Somthing
03-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Sense of humor? Yes.
Last week I bought two dresses and the next day at work I was thinking, I can't wait to try them on.
I thought to myself that the other guys are most likely thinking about manly stuff and I'm thinking about dressing up in girly clothes.
I ended up laughing out loud like I just heard a good joke.

Rachael Leigh
03-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Yes I do believe my perspective has changed with my dressing, I do feel more open and accepting to an extent to others as well

Karan
03-21-2016, 01:03 PM
greater empathy

pamela7
03-21-2016, 01:49 PM
probably or possibly, yes. the more a person expresses their whole being, in general the more balanced and humane they will be. As ever, such things won't be true for everyone; lots of scare stories of spendaholic pink fog-rage go around too.

ReineD
03-21-2016, 02:46 PM
The crossdressing doesn’t make my SO a better person, in my opinion, so much as without it my SO would be unhappy because he would not be able to express an integral part of himself. In other words, without the CDing my SO would be a worse person. The difference in these two statements is what you might consider is my SO's base personality, which includes a need to crossdress vs a base personality that doesn't include it. I use the masculine pronoun at this moment of writing because my SO is in male mode.

In terms of a sense of humor, my SO and I laugh a lot about a variety of things no matter how my SO presents. But, the jokes we don’t laugh at, no matter how my SO presents, are those that make fun of stereotypes, whether racial, gender-based, religious, or socio-economic. We don’t laugh at situations that disparage others or that set one group of people apart from another.

Tina_gm
03-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Back in the dark days before I accepted myself, I was still always one who was considered caring, attentive, empathetic. Not much has changed with that, other than perhaps it has been heightened slightly more. Basically an improvement of an existing aspect of my personality. Especially when it comes to women. I would not say I am more sensitive overall, as I am not an overly sensitive person period. I think there is a big difference between being empathetic, kind, caring and all, and sensitive.

What has changed markedly since my own acceptance is a calming factor, which carries on now no matter how I am dressed. I never knew how calm I wasn't, until I learned what a calm demeanor really was. The calmness I so often feel now is the best thing about my acceptance of myself.