PDA

View Full Version : I made it out!

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 12:31 AM
What a fantastic weekend. Went out dressed as Victoria! Stopped at a couple of consignment shops and got some excellent clothes! Half a dozen skirts, 5 blouses, pair of jeans, and a black dress.

The clerks were helpful, and I don't think they realized I was a guy at first. Mainly my voice gave it away. They let me use the dressing rooms to try my things on. It made a difference 'cuz some of the things I tried on did not fit. It was absolutely awesome standing in the dressing room in my bra and panties and trying on clothes. Any way at both stores they invited me to come back soon. And in total all I spent was about $60.

After shopping, wife and I went to a hotel. Got dressed up in one of my new outfits (black skirt and pink blouse, nude pantyhose, black strappy high heels, red wig, jewelry, perfume) and then went back outside to my vehicle to get something. I had to ride the elevator down. I started alone on the 8th floor and by the time we hit the ground level the elevator was jammed full. Nobody "read me"! :) :thumbsup: Then I walked through the crowded lobby and out the front door. Then had to come back in, wait in the lobby for about 5 minutes for the elevator and then rode a crowded elevator back up to 8th floor. What a trip! It was a GREAT confidence booster.

Now... I need to work on a feminine voice. Any suggetions?

Victoria

Noel Chimes
02-20-2006, 12:41 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congradulations on a very succesful and rewarding weekend. Now when your heels touch the floor you must give us all the details ( hopefully with pics):yrtw:

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks! You're right.... my heels still haven't hit the floor! I did take pics, but I deleted most of them. They looked good, but wife was a little uncomfortable with me posting them. I did save one and she said it would be okay to post. I think I'll try to make it my avitar, but I'll need time to figure out how to do that.

Victoria

Wenda
02-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Wow! Congratulations! There have been some threads on voice, and if you do a search, you will probably get some good suggestions. I lost my femme voice, but have been working on it when I am driving. its hard to explain, but I find a different spot for my voice, higher up, at the top of the throat. Many girls have found that using a different accent helps (Tootsie, Mrs Doubtfire). I just try to speak in the femme part of my throat, and live with the voice that evolves.

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks Wenda. I'll go looking for that unless someone can send me directly to a site or thread on the voice. I tried the accent and also tried using a higher pitch, but wife said it sounds too fakey.

Victoria

Francesca Chantel
02-20-2006, 01:03 AM
I tend to use an Irish accent but it needs work. Usually I'll use sign language. :D

Nita
02-20-2006, 06:38 AM
For voice lessons...look up www.heartcorps.com/journeys/voice.htm

paulaN
02-20-2006, 10:07 AM
that sounds like a great weekend. I am so happy for you and you are so lucky to have a wife to enjoy this with you. I can't wait to see your new avatar. as for the voice I found a web site about voice training but I did not understand what thay were trying to tell me or have me do. So I just speek softly.

jo_ann
02-20-2006, 11:47 AM
A good way to practice.. There's this program that can change your voice (30 day trial)
http://www.audio4fun.com/voice.htm

doesn't work perfect, but here's how it helps. If you talk normal, you just sound like a weird chipmunk. Now if you annunciate more like a girl, then it starts to sound normal. my point is that when we're not good at changing our voice, we tend to not try very hard.. this sorta helps you along, and then once you have the correct tone, then it'll help you when your trying by yourself.

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks Nita, Paul and Jo Anne. I'll go to work on my voice lessons!

Victoria

Victoria Pink
02-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks Nita, Paula and Jo Anne. I'll go to work on my voice lessons!

Victoria

Jesse69
02-21-2006, 12:05 AM
If you pass so well it would be nice to see pics of you in the Picture Section. Post a closeup and a full body shot.

Victoria Pink
02-21-2006, 12:32 AM
How can I do that? I can't figure out how to reduce the size of the picture to be accepted. Kind of frustrating!

Victoria

Fallen Angel
02-21-2006, 12:37 AM
what a nice outing,and to have a wounderfull so with you and treasures as well you go girl !! xxx

Victoria Pink
02-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Here is my picture in the avatar. :p

Stacy Reso
02-21-2006, 01:28 AM
the voice is a major giveaway along with the adams apple. my problem is that i have broad shoulders

tori-e
02-21-2006, 02:07 AM
For voice lessons...look up www.heartcorps.com/journeys/voice.htm

I bought these. Practised them for months in the car to work and back. I have a voice, but have never had any objective feedback. So who knows!