PDA

View Full Version : Outed myself - a little more than expected!

Debi
03-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Hi Folks ...
Although nearly all of my good friends 'know' ... I am not generally out to the public at large and especially, not in the neighbourhood...Anyway ...
I KNEW that I was likely to have a delivery today that wouldn't fit through the letterbox, but even with that, I wanted to dress anyway ... So this morning, I was, fully made up, wearing girls jeans and a white top clearly showing my bra underneath. Hair blow-dryed in a very femme way. Sure enough, the doorbell goes at 11AM and I pop my head around the wall and see the tell-tale signs of 'post office red' through the frosted glass of my front door.
I confidently opened the door - and there he was... My 'old' postie who I used to talk with ALL the time. He's a massive rock fan and we'd constantly chat about music. He's been put back onto this post round TODAY after about a year absence!
His face was a picture and I swear, his jaw was almost touching his shoes.
In the panic, the best he could say was "you have 'stuff' all over your face!"
I said: "Yes - does it bother you?" to which he replied "no" and that was that ... we talked about music as usual and we went about our day.
Far from feeling panic'd, it was actually quite an amusing encounter and I'm not even bothered who he tells about it.
Not an earth shattering story I know, but it feels good to 'own it' as they say.
Oh - and as a side note ... the world didn't end and I didn't die!

D x

p.s. ... Disclaimer: 'Outing' yourself is not to be taken lightly - I know that! ... My decision to be more open is something that I've given a LOT of thought to ... before the voices of doom chime in!

Alice Torn
03-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Be ready for a crowd, with torches and pitchforks tonight! LOL Not really! That must have felt great!

BLUE ORCHID
03-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Hi Debi:hugs:, When I got all my ear piercings a year ago any time someone would say something about them ,

I would just look them right in the eye and ask them, Is this going to be a big problem for you ??
and that just takes all of the wind out of their sails. :daydreaming:

Robin414
03-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Way to go Debi, great story!

Allisa
03-23-2016, 08:58 PM
You've reached a level I know of well, owning it and an I don't care who knows attitude is so freeing, maybe one day the neighborhood will know and you can walk outside and go shopping with your head up high and your femme self flowing. Yes it is a very big decision and quite scary but the reward is great, it was one of my biggest moments in my life and a milestone, words cannot describe the feeling. Carry on.

Diversity
03-23-2016, 10:48 PM
Fantastic!!!! I applaud your courage and resolve to dress and 'own it'. Also the way you handled the reaction was well done. Congratulations! As of a few minutes ago I came in from my first real outing and was about to post it, when I read your post.
Stay tuned, as I am going to share my little outing in a few minutes!
Di

phylis anne
03-24-2016, 06:22 AM
Nice shock and awe to be sure in the postmans case it according to the jimmy buffet song was 5 o'clock somewhere:heehee:
hugs phylis anne

Teresa
03-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Debi,
Great story, thanks for sharing it with us.
I've had two encounters now with delivery guys, they hardly wait for the signature before beating a retreat, just made me smile.

I did wonder about asking my regular postman if they have a code of conduct, they must see some sights so I wonder if they are committed to a code of silence by the Royal Mail ? I also wonder if they do that it extends to the reputable delivery companies ?