PDA

View Full Version : surprising an old friend

pamela7
03-25-2016, 01:51 PM
This week I'm running a retreat for an old client (we go back 9 years and became friends more than therapist-client over the time since). He did not know about my CD nor my transitioning as he's not on social media and it had not come up. So he came over with his girlfriend and his business partner to enjoy a week at my place. Anyway, I went to the airport in a tunic dress and knee-length boots, nice scarf, bright nails. As they come through he cannot see me, but his girlfriends does, and even has to point me out before he finally can "see" me. It has all been fine, no problems at all for them with my dressing. The funny things though are that a) he'd been reading about transsexuals on the plane (coincidence or what), b) i was literally invisible as a woman.

Curiouser and curiouser this rabbit hole, innit?

Dana44
03-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Yep it is curious for sure. And funny problems, I got a pedi today and had them paint my nails for the upcoming dive vacation. They are still drying and we sat there for an hour. walk to my truck carrying my boots and in those funky flipflops with the toe spacers in. I still have them on LOL. I must mow the grass before we leave. BUt can't put socks and my boots on yet.

I Am Paula
03-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Last summer I went to a resort that was near some of my wife's friends. She called them and asked them to drinks at the bar.
They walked in, and my wife and her friends were doing their hugging and 'long time no sees'. The husband says to me 'And you are?' I couldn't help myself, I said 'C'mon, you were at my wedding'. Blank. I fessed up, cause the poor guy had no clue who I was.