PDA

View Full Version : Out and About

HarrietD
03-26-2016, 02:38 AM
After a long hiatus, I finally had some me time. I decided to get dressed and do some shopping.

I stopped at Goodwill to drop some stuff off (no not purging!) and had to go inside to get someone to take my donation.

I walked around Macys. Nobody appeared to notice or care.

I needed some stuff from Michaels so I wandered the aisles for about 20 minutes until I found what I needed, stood in line, paid and left. The SA made small talk to me.

I ran out of powder so I went to Walgreens and bought some. Again stood in a long line and the SA just made small talk when it was my turn.

I needed some other things but Walgreens did not have it so I went to Rite-Aid and found want I wanted. The SA complemented my outfit and told me that the belt was a nice touch and she wished she could do something like that.

Lastly, I was hungry so I went to Subway, waited for the server to finish cleaning up and ordered my meal.No comments or looks.

Pretty cool!

Gratuitous picture:

Maria 60
03-26-2016, 05:36 AM
Thanks for sharing, always good to read a positive story.

bridget thronton
03-26-2016, 10:24 AM
Sounds like a great day

phylis anne
03-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Very nice day indeed ,
I wonder except for extreme situations read in harms way if most of what we are fearing about the public ,is a fear that we ourselves have created mostly due to societal programming by birth gender? glad you had a nice day
hugs phylis anne

Julie Denier
03-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Good for you! Thanks for sharing ;)

HarrietD
03-27-2016, 01:22 AM
After the positive experience and the kind comments here, I decided to take another trip outside my comfort zone.

Put on my new mauve top with my skirt and shoes.

Went back to Macy's and checked all of the women's department. A SA in the lingerie department said "miss can I help you" which I politely declined and gave him a smile which he returned.

Went to Nordstroms Rack where I tried on some boots. The first pair I liked had two left feet! I tried a second pair and walked around for a while in them. They were very nice but out of my budget so I put them back. When I left a SA smiled at me and said good night.

I was thirsty so I stopped at Jamba Juice and ordered a drink. There were 3 workers there, all of who made small talk. I needed to use the rest room and walked into the womens room where the woman was finishing cleaning it. She apologized and asked for me to wait a few minutes while she finished. I thanked her and when she was done took care of my business. I picked up my drink, she held to door for me and she told me to have a nice evening to which I responded that she should do the same.

PattyT
03-30-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm glad you posted these stories. They should help people who are still hesitating about going out to make a decision to give it a try. People who are hesitating are on teh verge of one of the greatest experiences of their lives. Giving them a bit of a nudge is great.

Robin414
03-31-2016, 12:44 AM
Awesome stories Harriet! So many of us don't go out (for a lot of maybe good reasons) and these stories are a way of living vicariously through our friends...thank you from all our dear closet friends!

Julia1984
03-31-2016, 07:12 AM
Sounds great, Harriet.
One day...
Julia

KrisCDAZ
04-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Harriet:

Thanks so much for posting this story. It gives me confidence that I can do the same one day soon.

Kris