PDA

View Full Version : Another year has gone by

Emma Beth
03-26-2016, 07:42 PM
I sit here at the end of my day today and realize that things have definitely changed for the better, for me at least.

I'm another year older. I'm now 46 today.

I've found my style. Jeans and tops that work with my new Motorcycling lifestyle, and a new Motorcycle to go with said clothing style.

I've begun to see a regular Gender Therapist and I have had an evaluation to begin HRT.

The Doctor that performed my evaluation told me that I'm clear for HRT. So, another hurdle cleared and I am looking out for other hurdles in front of me.

I'm still waiting on my first appointment with endocrinology at the VA, but this wait is nothing like the one I had waiting on getting the ball rolling in the first place.

I have a lot of people that are accepting of me for who I am and not what they want me to be in my life now.

I'm meeting people and making new friends as my true self.

So far, life is great. I sincerely hope that others have some good in their lives. So they know that things are not as bad as they seem all the time, I hope others find the strength within to shoulder their burdens, and that others can have as great a day as I have had today.

Sorry, just feeling a little pensive at the moment and I had to share what has happened with me.

pamela7
03-27-2016, 05:15 AM
good luck. I hope the motorcycles lets your hare out, cos this seems a game for tortoises most the time!

Marcelle
03-27-2016, 06:32 AM
Hi Emma,

I am glad to read you are finding yourself and moving forward . . . Happy belated B-Day!

Cheers

Marcelle

Bria
03-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Happy Birthday Emma!

Hugs, Bria

Eringirl
03-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Thanks for sharing Emma, great to hear you are doing well!! Hope it continues.

Keep the shiny side up!! (as we say in the biker world...)

Suzanne F
03-27-2016, 08:48 PM
Happy birthday Emma! Enjoy the feeling of beginning the new authentic adventure.
Suzanne

Emma Beth
03-28-2016, 11:44 PM
Thank you everyone.

pamela, Molly has been a lot of fun. She has taught me that I'm not a speed freak, but a technical rider. Give me lots of turns and twisties. I took her out this morning and went on one of the near by back roads and got her up to a buck ten (110 mph). While the ride was fun, I don't like to ride flat out. I want to be more involved than just holding on.

Eringirl, I've heard that one before and some of the bikers around here also like to say, "Eyes up, knee down." My next challenge is to find a track I can go to for Track Day, as a spectator first and then to ride myself. I'm not having much luck finding one in state. I think the nearest one I can find so far is in Nashville. That's a bit of a drive from Jackson.

Everyone else; again, thank you all so very much for the Birthday wishes.