PDA

View Full Version : It's so unfair

Judy-Somthing
03-26-2016, 09:07 PM
It's so unfair, I was watching a tv show and the little girls were dressed up in cute little dresses and boys in pants.
One boy said can I wear a dress and the mother said "dresses are for girls not boys" Why?
Dresses are so cool, why can't we have fun, what's the big deal?

Robin414
03-26-2016, 11:00 PM
It is unfair but times ARE changing, slowly at first but I see the mass is accelerating! My SO mentioned just this afternoon when I was looking for a new pair of runners that there are designers planning on making 'gender neutral' clothing...like high end designers. She's not into high end fashion and I'm sure she read it on FB but makes one think?

sometimes_miss
03-27-2016, 08:15 AM
I think parents haven't changed, in that they don't want their children to face any more hardships (other than a really bizarre name, apparently) than necessary. Although gender alternatives are becoming more acceptable, kids still face difficulties. As is apparent in the recent laws passed in say, North Carolina regarding bathroom privileges.

It's still a tough world out there for us. Pretending it isn't, is simply burying your head in the sand. The mom probably simply doesn't want to encourage the child to do things that may become a problem, if she can easily avoid it.

Stephanie kirby
03-27-2016, 08:29 AM
times are changing i just wished it was this way when i was younger :(

I Am Paula
03-27-2016, 09:04 AM
The Disney store, biggest supplier of princess dresses, has ungendered their costumes. Now princess dresses are just for 'kids'.

T. Fonda
03-27-2016, 09:16 AM
I know. This morning I watched my wife put her hose and dress on while getting ready for church. She complained the whole time while I'm thinking she's the lucky one. You're right, it's not fair.

RADER
03-27-2016, 11:13 AM
At Church this AM; 30% of the GG's wore a dress or a skirt.
30% wore old Jeans, the remaining wore a nice pants/outfit
Most of the men like me wore a sports jacket and dress pants.
UGGGG.
Rader

Rita Leigh
03-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Far too old now to make a change; however, if I was young, without the decades of life experience, a wonderful spouse and great adult children, I might have taken another course...so I can dream about what my life might have been like if I choose to follow the MTF path...preventing male puberty, starting the right hormones and enjoying the joy of becoming my dreamed vision...a woman!

Krisi
03-27-2016, 12:08 PM
Life is unfair. Then you die.

Get used to it.

StarrOfDelite
03-27-2016, 01:11 PM
At Church this AM; 30% of the GG's wore a dress or a skirt.
30% wore old Jeans, the remaining wore a nice pants/outfit
Most of the men like me wore a sports jacket and dress pants.
UGGGG.
Rader

I like to think of myself as a progressiveliberal, and I'm an atheist to boot, but there is still a part of me that thinks the Decline of the West began when women quit wearing nice dresses (with hats) and men quit wearing suits and ties to church on Sundays. That part of me was totally appalled when, almost twenty years ago, I first saw people (both male and female) wearing Levis and tee shirts to Christmas Eve Mass.

Mink
03-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Life is unfair. Then you die.

Get used to it.

but one day... some day soon! ... VR tech will make it MORE than fair...

and we will NEVER have to die! (heck why would we even try!)

then we can hack into people's brains and make them accept everything at all costs! (or Perish!)

I personally think there'd be many parents who would let their boy kid wear girly dresses and have fun... but when it becomes part of their identity and expression well... it's different seeing a 5 year old boy versus a 15 year old versus a 25/35/45+ year old!

so I really more and more can see both sides... let them have their fun and kids be kids... but you also could be opening Pandora's box!

the problems of this are unforeseen and who knows how many who transition into female just because they liked being girly as a child will feel when older and wonder "how did my parents & doctors allow me to block my puberty and give me hormones that affect my health and my future life when I could barely decide what type of goth I wanted to be? emo? SCENE!"

etc!

but yeah man...

I too wondered why as a boy I couldn't wear dresses...

basically

me: girls can wear boy clothes... but a boy can't wear dresses / girl clothes...
parent: ... do YOU want to wear dresses?
me... well... NO... i'm just saying...

so I learned to keep my mouth shut!

who knows though had I expressed my feelings and had it been 20some odd years later in time!

Jenny22
03-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Last night on TV (I didn't notice the channel), there was an hour documentary on Gender Fluid children. I was fascinated by the parents' understanding of their child's wishes to be of the opposite gender. Would that have ever happened years ago? No way!! As to MTF boys, a very interesting approach was to delay their onset of male puberty "just in case" the desire to become a girl was a passing fancy. If it wasn't, HRT would be started to give them the chance of fully developing a female's puberty with very feminine results. Amazing, today!

lisalove
03-27-2016, 02:41 PM
That reminds me of when my x girlfriend's daughter had her baby boy. We went shopping for some outfits for him.
My girlfriend was picking out all these baby boy clothes, and I was picking out all these cute baby girl dresses.
For some reason I kept getting told "we're not getting him any dresses". No matter how hard I pleaded, she just wouldn't budge from that decision.

Nigella
03-27-2016, 02:53 PM
As usual this has degenerated into areas which are banned

Namely religion and complaining about a section of society in the manner in which they express themselves.

Thread done