PDA

View Full Version : On the positive side

sara_also
02-20-2006, 09:44 AM
I know that all of our situations are different, and many post tell of the down side of being a CD. I would like to put something into the plus column.
I have a slight skin problem, and since I work with the public during the day
it has made me quite aware of people noticing red blotches and marks on my face.
Well along came makeup....I am now able to use makeup everyday to help me look my best, even in male mode. Had it not been for the CD'ing, I dont think I would have had the knowledge to use makeup to help in such a way.
So there can be a good and happy side to being a crossdresser.
You might want to tell others what it has done for you. Let's hear your positive side.
Sara

sara_also
02-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Is there noone that has anything positive to post about crossdressing .... I am shocked.I thought I would get some imput on this thread. Sara

Leigh Davis
02-20-2006, 08:24 PM
It made me clean up my "unibrow".;)

Denise01
02-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I find a good concealer, helps to take away some blemishes i have on my face.

I asked the girl on the cosmetic counter at sears, what she would recommend with my complexion, and i love it.

Also makes me look a lot younger

Denise

kim in n.c.
02-20-2006, 10:43 PM
My x-so (not due to my dressing) Told me that she noticed that I had much more patients. I was more into our conversations. I was a lot better to shop with:bs: . And the main thing for us ,is that -while dressed I was more into the romantic side of lovemaking:thumbsup: She also told me that, My whole personality changed for the better. Go figure

Mary Jane
02-21-2006, 08:45 AM
I too have been using some foundation and powder to hide some blemishes. My forehead is scarred from too many close calls with the equipment I was repairing. It does make me feel a lot better when in male mode to not see those places when I look in the mirror.

TGMarla
02-21-2006, 09:52 AM
To me, the most postitve thing about being a crossdresser is much more mental than it is physical. It has allowed me to see the world from a more feminine point of view, or rather, from a more varied point of view than I would have if I were seeing things only from a male perspective. But I will agree that I simply couldn't imagine life if I had never taken the opportunity to wear a nice dress, or pretty makeup, or do my hair, or wear beautiful jewelry, or high heels. It's so completely different from what men wear. The experience alone is worth it.

Lindahexi
02-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I use some makeup every day (in male mode that is), mostly to conceal flaws and blemishes on my face, I've never had any adverse comments, and it gives me more self confidence.

linnea
02-21-2006, 06:04 PM
I think that there are quite a few things that are positive about CD, not the least of which is that I have a kinder, gentler attitude, especially when I'm dressed. I am also much more empathetic with women and some of the things that they "naturally" put up with.
I also take much better care of my skin which helps to improve my appearance at all times.

Tia
02-22-2006, 01:37 AM
I must go with same old... After I started CDing, I started to take more care about my skin.

And I'm pretty sure that I'm a bit better company for my SO, when she goes shopping ;). Atleast now I'm not bored (hopefully she doesn't notice how excited I am, before I have guts to tell her).