PDA

View Full Version : At The End of Life

LPark
03-29-2016, 11:30 AM
So this is an odd topic but I seek advise. I am closeted and have been for 30+ years. Only my wife knows I dress and has just accepted she can't change me. I'm 71 and retired. We're going through the process of Estate Planning. My wife has asked my to provider her with a contact that she can call after I pass to come a dispose of my wardrobe. She doesn't want my son to stumble over it and get the shock of his life.

I'm at a loss. Call the Salvation Army? Call 1-800-got-junk? Call the cross dressing store in the area?

Lauri

Tracii G
03-29-2016, 11:40 AM
Have her box or bag it up and give it to the Goodwill store closest to you.
Heck you could have your son take it there for you he will see womens clothes and assume they are yours more than likely.

Amy Lynn3
03-29-2016, 12:03 PM
LPark, depending on how much you have and what items they are, the Salvation Army picks up in my area. If they only pick up furniture, then give them your old chest of drawers you keep your femme stuff in and the cloths to. They will be glad to get the items, plus they give places to stay if a family is burned out of their home. They actually help people in need in local areas, rather than just Thrift store sales.

josrphine
03-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Well lpark I am going to be 75 next month an never though but i guess being that we are bough the same size my wife will more cloths to wear. Jo

Jocee
04-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Interesting thread.... any thoughts from people on how to remove our digital "possessions"?

Joanna

wendy
04-03-2016, 08:03 AM
since admitting to my wife that I CD, I've thought about what to do with Wendy's clothes after I pass on, and if they are still around, I'd like all of Wendy's clothing to be donated to Kidney Clothes (similar to Kidney Car), any proceeds from the sale of the clothing will be donated to the Kidney Foundation, which has had a big impact on my life.

Ozark
04-03-2016, 09:49 AM
This has been on my mind also.

I am a month shy of 67 and since my health has taken a turn for the worse. The clothes I am not worried about, most of my stuff is androgynous --if you can call Chic jeans androgynous--- that will go to the no kill thrift store. It is the only locally owned store here in SGF. I don't like DAV anymore, the prices have gone sky high and i learned a private company owns it, not DAV. Goodwill down here is full of Target refunds and the Salvation Army ... I don't like their politics.

So, getting rid of my street clothes after I pass is not going to be a problem.

What is the sticky point, is my extensive collection of Vanity Fair, Shadowline, Vassarette nightgowns and pajamas. Not to mention my 50 year collection of panties. My s[peedo swimsuit collection... I just pulled them out the other day and sorted through them... unfortunately most of the elastic in the swimsuits had lost its stretch,,,, over half of them went to the trash. They felt almost oily.

I have been slowly posting panties on ebay and am getting decent prices for them, but it is a slow process. I was thinking about listing them in bulk. Craigslist is not an option for lingerie.
Anyhow,

Helen_Highwater
04-03-2016, 11:08 AM
If I remember correctly it's been posted before but the issue of closet dresses and their stash has discussed. Not just an age issue but what happens in a sudden death, a road accident etc. Do you leave a letter to be found along with the heels?

Sticking with the post why would an SO who knows doing anything different with the femme items to the drab ones? OK if your family members, brother etc were the same size they may be offered first picks before the charity shop but if they didn't know being offered a drawer full of knickers and tights; "You were the same size, these should fit you" might come as a bit of a shock.

Jenny22
04-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Search "death, unexpectedly" , one of my first posts. You'll find a lot of helpful info.