PDA

View Full Version : Understanding our past...

telemark44
02-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Many of you probably have similar experiences to mine, in that we started crossdressing as early as we can remember, and have been obsessed with it ever since. Dreaming someday of becoming a real woman.

I believe that many (if not most) of us have developed an understanding of ourselves, and some of us really appreciate our differences.

One thing I have thought about lately is the evolutionary aspects of our drive and personalities. There are two driving evolutionary forces that define our struggles;
- The first is the human need for association and affiliation. As part of our early protective design, we humans have a need to remain close. This resulted in humans forming groups and these groups helped us to defend our existance against the dangers that lie beyond. This behavior today is what drives our need to be "normal" or "to fit in".
- The second is diversity. Diversity is built in to all species. No one of us is like the other. It's evolutionary benefit is that individual members of the species will develop skills and features that help the entire species move forward with time, and some selection will result in the species ability to survive the various forces that arise during our existence. It is also a great source of beauty.

I think that we should all recognize the beauty of both of these evolutionary aspects of our selves, and also recognize the dangers. I like to say that any of our great strengths can also be our great weakness if not handled well.

Recogize our need for affiliation. I love being a part of a group of cross-dressers and tgirls. Also recognize that this becomes the source of bias amongst those who are less informed and aware.

Recognize the beauty of diversity. I love the color, creativity, sensitivity and caring that this group has. Also recognize the diversity will bring about new ideas, thoughts and trends that will also make us uncomfortable. As long as we all continue to strive to understand and help each other, as well as others that may be different from us, we will be able to break through to the beauty.

Thanks for being part of this group.

XOXO,
Christine

Laurie Ann
02-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Those are beautiful thoughts. I share much of what you said but I have no desire to be a women full time. I enjoy the masculine aqspects of my life as well as the feminine. Maybe I am in the minority here but I wish you all the best.