PDA

View Full Version : When did you?

Roxy
03-31-2016, 08:46 PM
When did you first concider yourself as a crosdresser?
For me it was a couple of years ago.
For as long as I can remember, I've been "playing with" and even made my first panties from scrap satin and lace with a sewing machine when I was around 10 but didn't concider myself a crossdressers.
I'm just wondering, at what point did you girls think, I'm a crossdresser!

Suzy Parker
03-31-2016, 09:11 PM
I did not even know the term but at the age of six was the first time fully dressed, lingerie, stuffed bra, pantyhose, dress and heels, mom had nice clothes. I did not know the actual term for what I was doing and really did not care, it was fun and I enjoyed it and still do to this day. I think I learned the term watching Bosom Buddies so 1980 or thereabouts.

alwayshave
03-31-2016, 09:25 PM
I am going to say that I admitted it in December 2011 when I joined this site. Though I new for some time prior, maybe 40 years earlier.

Sallee
03-31-2016, 10:27 PM
A long time ago. since I have been dressing on and off for over 50 yrs its been a while. But I would guess it has been about 40 yrs since I accepted the fact that I am a cross dresser. I enjoy dressing in the clothing of the other gender. that is not to say I have been a well adjusted happy cd but I began to accept it 40+/- yrs ago and at this point once or thrice a month if I get out I am a happy infact if I get out to much I get tried of it. After 3 constant days of cding and I am done with it till the next time. I have spent several weeks cding just to see if I could do it. I could but I was really tried of it. the thrill was gone. I would rather save it and get a good day of dressing from casual mall dressing to blend to and an evening of high fashion glam.

Georgette_USA
03-31-2016, 11:20 PM
When I was young the only thing I knew about was CD. When caught in the military, That is what I called it. It wasn't till after the military that I was able to explore it further. Came to realize that wasn't what my confusions were about. This was in the late 60s - early 70s.

Know many now, and there is no one way to be a CD. Just as there is NO one way to be a TG/TS.

MissVirginia-Mae
03-31-2016, 11:27 PM
I knew at age 5....wearing my grandmother's girdles and stockings....
Im 40 years plus of dressing and I am transitioning over to Virginia-Mae 24/7 soon I hope :love:

StaceyMcgavin
03-31-2016, 11:39 PM
For me it was drama class in 9th grade. I volunteered to dress as a mom for a class skit. Skirt, pantyhose, pumps, wig. I can't even begin to describe the feeling as I got into "costume". Classmates laughed and I did too as it was all in good fun, right? I knew right then and there that some hidden passion inside of me came alive.

PattyT
04-01-2016, 12:05 AM
I’m not sure when I even heard of the term crossdresser. I seem to recall the term transvestite, however, when I was much younger. I never really gave it much thought, although I have wanted to get into female attire ever since I could remember. I began going out clothed in an androgynous way but would not have considered myself a crossdresser then. I probably never considered myself being under the term “crossdresser” until I came into contact with forums like this. Until then had just considered myself as being some kind of oddball, and that dressing up en femme was wrong somehow. Through the forums I realized I was part of a community and that for some men dressing up in female attire was natural, a way to express a female side they were born with. I felt immensely better and came to terms with dressing en femme. At that point I realized what a crossdresser was and became quite happy to consider myself as being one.
Nowadays, I am not all that happy with the term crossdresser. Going out in female attire has become so natural to me that I just feel like I am merely wearing clothes that I am comfortable, relaxed, and at ease in, where I belong, so to speak. I am my real self when en femme. Crossdressing sounds like crossing the line society draws, making it unnatural, odd, or wrong somehow. It is most certainly not. I prefer the term "going out en femme" as a contrast to going out in drab.

Robin414
04-01-2016, 12:07 AM
I've honesty never considered myself a crossdresser...even when I first experimented in my 20's...I'd see an attractive woman and I thought 'I want to be WITH her and I think I want to BE her'. The be WITH her always won out, OK, I'm just a little kinky 😳

Now that I'm getting older and happily married the 'I want to BE her' is taking over the show 😉

I'm still not a crossdresser, I'm ME, thoroughly gender fluid, I wear makeup and women's jeans, shoes, etc and 'present' I guess as a GM. I often present as a woman too but I still don't think of it as crossdressing, I'm still just being me!

I guess by 'definition' I'm a CD but to answer the question, never have!

gina shiney
04-01-2016, 12:26 AM
Tricky! I don't know if I have embraced the label/term of CD yet.
My education into this world has previously based on social known's example: transvestite was Tim Curry's portrayal in Rocky Horror, I don't apply makeup or socialize in my lingerie nor do swing both ways, Tootsie and Mrs Doughtfire were about a man portraying being a woman (crossdressing), transsexuals have been portrayed as appearing female (boobs & facial features) but with male genitalia) , transitioned is just that no longer what we were when born ( except for the x&y's)
I underdress so one part of me accepts the term onother does not. With learning and better education I might.
This doesn't answer this post or maybe it does you can decide an I?
Gina

Julia1984
04-01-2016, 02:57 AM
First time I saw Eddie Izzard and thought "Yep, I get that now." its taken another 15+ years To come to terms and "own it" though, even internally.

Language is indeed inadequate: "trans..." and "cross..."? No! The Greeks might have said "eaftos..." or "self". I think thats what a lot of us are saying.

Julia

trisha kobichenko
04-01-2016, 03:01 AM
I was convinced that I was a crossdresser as a young person, maybe seven or eight. But I also knew it wasn't something I could share with anyone. I finally did (more forced to share than volunteered) some 55 years later. Better late than never I guess :)

Mollyanne
04-01-2016, 03:44 AM
when I first put on stockings, garter belt and panties

Molly

Raychel
04-01-2016, 04:55 AM
For me it was a few years before I joined this forum.
Before that I never really accepted the fact that I was a crossdresser.
One I accepted that, life started to all make sense.

Mayo
04-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Just last year, though I'd been playing with my concept of my own gender in various ways (while not really recognizing that's what I was doing) for most of the last decade.

Adriana Moretti
04-01-2016, 10:30 AM
probably around the year 2000, when i started dressing more on a regular basis, then it turned into everyday. These days i dont consider myself a crossdresser anymore, right now i feel more gender fluid, because i now dress everyday. It may not be in a sequin mini dress and high heels everyday, it may be just leggings , a tee, and combat boots, light makeup etc...I guess I found a spot where I am comfortable and accepted who and what i am....the fluidity works well too in public for daily activities, some days are just more amped up than others I guess

marsha leanne
04-01-2016, 11:07 AM
i had no concept of the name, or activity when i started trying on moms clothes pulled out of the hamper in the bathroom. that was in 1967, by '68 i remember sleeping in moms two piece bathing suit once or twice. Somehow, (really don't remember) had obtained a long line bra by '69, that i kept hidden in a wall vent. Now, 49 years later, I accept the name, the activity, and the enjoyment. Oh, and the wardrobe is fairly extensive!

As to the name, it wasn't until the advent of aol and dial up that i got a hint there were more like me, and we had a name for ourselves.

Roxy
04-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Thank you for all the replies. It's nice to know that others have had a similar progression. It's makes feel more comfortable knowing so many others are like me.
Hugs

Joanne108
04-01-2016, 02:11 PM
In school during health class I heard the term. My brain clicked; I realized that is it! There must be other people beside me that does this! I was one of millions! It felt great!

Jenny22
04-01-2016, 02:36 PM
i had no concept of the name, or activity when i started trying on moms clothes pulled out of the hamper in the bathroom.

Mine's an almost exact ditto, except the hamper included the lingerie and clothing of my older sisters, too .. much prettier than mom's. It was my fetish time. I had never heard the term TV, until later years, and CD much later.

Kiersten
04-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Even though I had been dressing since i was about 6 years old, I spent most of my life trying to suppress it. It wasn't until I joined this site back in January(2016) that I truly learned to accept who I was.

Alice_2014_B
04-01-2016, 06:20 PM
For me it was pretty much right when I joined the forum here.
:)

Helen_Highwater
04-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Probably when I joined here. Before that I only really new the term transvestite and I knew enough to know that by wearing female clothing what I was doing was something society scorned. Something to be keep a secret. Something to be utterly ashamed of.

Being here has given me not only a better understanding of myself but so much more confidence to carry on and progress my journey. It amazes me just how far I've come since 2010. If only I knew back when I was 25 years younger what I know now life could have been so much different.

BLUE ORCHID
04-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Hi Roxy:hugs:, I have been in this program for 69 of my 73yrs., I don't really know when I figured out that I was a CDer. :daydreaming:

Mykaa
04-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Well Ive been this way since I was 4 or 5 to some degree, Ive denied it,hid it, fought it, tried to be what society expects, I finally came to terms with me when I joined here. I can tell you Ive never been happier.

s.e.al
04-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Not until I came out to my wife a few months ago until then I just liked womens things I never in considered I was a crossdresser

wanda66
04-02-2016, 12:55 PM
After dressing for more than 60 years I had never put a label on what I did transvestite was the term used . truthfully I never call myself anything until I joined this site and I proclaimed myself a crossdresser, great I finally realized I truly am. honestly it was a liberating feeling when I wrote that

Shayna
04-02-2016, 11:56 PM
I saw a talk show about, Donahue episode I think, and I knew that's what I do. Thought i could kick the habit several times, but the last few years it sunk in that this is for life.

heatherdress
04-03-2016, 01:30 AM
I realized that I was a crossdresser the first time I "went all the way" - dress, heels, bra, wig, makeup and heels- and I totally enjoyed how I looked and how I felt. I knew it was a look and a feeling that I wanted to experience again, and again.

When I wore heels for the first time, I was excited and loved the experience. I wanted more - but I had no understanding or appreciation or acceptance of crossdressing until I saw myself made-up with foundation, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, long hair - and loved how I looked and felt. I was in Las Vegas and had a transformation. When the person transforming me held up a mirror, I was a changed person. I left the shop wearing a short skirt, black heels, a new wig, new breastforms, pantyhose, fingernails, eyelashes and a totally new image. I left feeling wonderful, feeling beautiful, feeling sexy, and realizing that I was a crossdresser.

rah
04-03-2016, 01:53 AM
It was bothering me accept that I'm a crossdresser I just wanted to be a normal guy totally masculine but it put me in stress so I had to accept to what I really am and all the stress and negativity went away I stopped thinking about it all the Labels that's society puts on people it's just imaginary. Nothing bothers me now.

JamieG
04-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Probably about 15 years ago when I started regularly visiting forums like this. Prior to that, I crossdressed (since I was about 11), but it was not something I felt identified me; instead it was a "bad behavior" that I should try to eradicate.

Karine
04-03-2016, 09:35 AM
I think the first time I fully dressed. I come to crossdressing because I like heels. When I finally wore a pair of hels for the first time, it was like something was missing.
I found website dealing with crossdressing (giving make up, clothing advice) and I decided to go further and dressed fully. That was so cool that at this moment, I knew I was a crossdresser.

NicoleScott
04-03-2016, 09:37 AM
As others said, I knew it before I knew the word for it. Before the internet, I learned from case studies in psychology books and Penthouse Forum.

Teresa
04-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Roxy,
Thinking about it proved an interesting question, mine started at the age of 8-9 all mixed up with male / female and a sexual happening. At that age I never considered what I was apart from when I entered secondary school and read my first biology book I thought I might be turning into a girl because I developed much sooner than any of the other boys. I carried more of those thoughts for many years rather than thinking I was a CDer. In my forties a counsellor ruled out the possibility of being born part female, so look how thinking has changed in the following twenty years, yes some of us are born like it. I'm OK with being called a CDer but I know it's more than that, TG covers the spectrum better so I only recently consider myself to be TG , CDing just happens to be part of that equation .

dana digs sweaters
04-03-2016, 10:18 AM
I was dressing up before I ever heard the term crossdresser.
I knew I liked playing dressup with my sisters when young.
Maybe at age 10 the opportunities to play dressup by myself (that's what I called it) presented themselves even more.
Seeing reruns of Milton Berle, watching Flip Wilson do Geraldine, seeing Klinger from M*A*S*H* made me realize that was too many men dressed in female clothes to be a coincidence.
Reading Dear Abby and Ask Ann Landers is where I first saw the word crossdresser and what it meant.
So at age 10 I knew I was not alone in enjoying dressing up.

Sharon B.
04-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Many years ago when the only information a person could find was in a magazine or at the library. I knew there was a name for what I enjoy doing just didn't realize how many of us are here until I got a computer and got on the internet.

KrisCDAZ
04-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Roxy:

I started wearing a bra and panties under my guy's clothes first, and it was mostly because it aroused me. But later, I started to identify with the sort-of woman I saw in the mirror. I think it took until I got breastforms and a wig before I realized I was a crossdresser. And now, even without that stuff (tragic purge...long story...) I remain a crossdresser.

Kris